He's Gone

drums

space

Morning Dew

One More Saturday Night

baby blue

F China Rider

White rabbit

Fun fun fun. Pretty tired after 2 shows and we weren't looking forward to being outside in the heat, but we were completely rejuvenated by the scene and setup. After dancing 1st set in the pit with tons of room, we went to the 1st tier which is around 30 feet from the stage and we were the only people in this 15x15 section with perfect LOUD sound. It was an energetic crowd and people in the pit were letting loose. It was a very diverse crowd which was cool. Wity Peoria being so close to summer camp, there were lots of people with the permanent festie look. Guessing after years of having a big jam band fest in your back yard, the younger fans adapted their style. Lots of sideways hats filled with pins but they were all cool and grooved. And they did serve beer. Not sure how that awful rumor that they didn't got started. It was a great ending to a wonderful weekend and rivaled Chicago for the most fun show of the run. Note im not going to debate musically what's better than what. My overall experience is what I take home from a show. Setlist wise, Chicago was superior, but I think peoria was my favorite time. We were on the river. No one was looking to hassle anyone. The cops sat and talked among themselves up by the beer area and let us have our fun. They wanted no hassles and would smile at everyone as they walked by. I mean isn't that the point of cops: protect and serve? They kept me safe and their services weren't needed so they just relaxed and listened to music in the back. On another note, it's unfortunate for the band that the big phish shows coincide with their tour and you could see how massively attendance was affected by it. But for a flailing fan, I just want to say, Thank you Phish!!! See y'all in Charlotte :)

Archived