R.I.P. Butch Trucks

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

I just learned today that Butch died some days back and he certainly deserves a thread here for his huge musical contribution. Sad to hear that he took his own life...

Thanks for holding it down and keeping the beat for so many years Butch...May you find peace and always have one more silver dollar

• Forum MVP

Death Don't Have No Mercy. He was wonderfully talented and their music is some of the happiest I know. Unfortunate that one couldn't find the song in his heart, love under his wings in the moment of desperation. I hope no one is ever afraid to share their heart, no matter the shape, for it will free you and you can find the healing you seek. 

Ancient Hawaiian Wisdom- kind of like- Donovan's Mountain Song-

from Alaya DeNoyelles

The Bowl of Light

Each child is born with a perfect bowl of light. This bowl represents her true identity, a vessel of shining Light. If she is taught to love and respect her light, then she will grow in strength and health and she can do anything – swim with the shark, fly with the birds, know and understand all things. If, however, she judges her experience of life as bad and becomes fearful, ashamed, or resentful, she drops a stone into her bowl of light and it blocks some of the light. The stone and the light cannot hold the same space. If she continues to put stones in the bowl it will eventually be full of stones, the light will go out, and she will become a stone. A stone does not grow, nor does it move. If at any time she tires of being a stone, all she needs to do is turn the bowl upside down and the stones will fall out, and the light will grow bright once more.

In this Hawaiian story, the bowl of light represents our true essence: pure light, pure love. When we are conscious and respectful of this light, we are living in our highest state of freedom, our sovereignty.

The stones in the bowl represent the pain and suffering that we cause ourselves by resisting life instead of trusting it, and by not accepting others or ourselves as we are.

If we fill our bowl of light with stones, we lose connection with our essence and feel separate from the source of love and light.

• Forum MVP

I've always noticed the similarities in the drum sound/style between the ABB and the GD (circa '69-'70).......it's my favorite era for the GD drummers as well.

Double drummers (obviously), Supraphonic orchestral snare sound, obvious jazz chops galore with an emphasis on subtle and rudiment-filled snare drum work, classic 60's Zildjian cymbals.

So damned tasty......

Archived