New Orleans jazzfest

Rude

• Forum MVP

Doing DSO Thursday and Friday and need ideas for Saturday April 29th. I saw galactic is playing plus Dead Feat with JK. That show is in a big theater and bad seats are 50 bucks with good ones up to 150. Not sure how that show will work as it shows 5 different guitar players including jk, Jackie green, Anders, and 2 little feat guys.  Im thinking just eating well and going to see some jazz in a bourbon street club. I also saw sts9 is playing and twiddle. I personally am not a fan of the sts9 sound but the light show looks pretty cool.  Are the DSO guys doing anything on Saturday?  Ideas?

• Forum MVP

Cochon- lunch, EAT- corner of Dumaine and Daulphine, Carousel bar in Hotel Monteleone is a must !!!, Bayona, Irene's- Italian , Mother's for poor boy, Central Grocery or Domilises- muffuletta ,  Lafitte's Blacksmith bar - all candlelit, commander's palace for brunch and jazz

Spotted Cat for jazz

• Forum MVP

I'm planning on Jazz Fest with my friend Derek ( from East London England) again this year.   Last year our most enjoyable time was Fritzel's on Bourbon Street    http://www.fritzelsjazz.net/no_flash.php   I highly recommend Fritzel's for traditional jazz....  Its a small packed in bar, Get there early. My very tentative plans for nights were  DSO, DSO, JK/DeadFeat  but I have some doubts about a big six guitar show so I might miss JK ( saw just JK just a few days ago in Virginia).  Fritzel's will be visited at least one night.

Peace, Love, and Music

Doc

• Forum MVP

Just checked the weather and it's gonna be HOTTTTT!!!!!!!  90s for the highs and low to mid 70s as the lows. Hope the venue has working AC. No setvreaks to cool off. Summer is here. It will be nice to wear shorts and t-shirts at 2am walking on bourbon.  

Archived