The Caverns #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

World Music Theater Tinley Park, Illinois

July 22, 1990

*Brent’s second to last show (and the hottest of the three of this run, IMO)

I.  Box Of Rain

Feel Like A Stranger

Loser

Beat It On Down The Line

West L.A. Fadeaway

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Far From Me

Tennessee Jed

Hell In A Bucket

II.  Samson & Delilah

Hey Pocky Way

Estimated Prophet->

Eyes Of The World->

Drums-> Space

The Wheel->

Gimme Some Lovin'->

Stella Blue->

Throwing Stones->

Turn On Your Love Light

E: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You could really tell Brent was saying fare thee well at tinley.  Little light, far from me, pocky, fantasy, listen to the good time blues day 3....at one point Brent screams "last fu&$@@#in' song for you bi$@ch.   His words to his failing relationship etc.   Wow.  We were like, Brents done.  Sad.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The part of TN where the caverns are located (30 miles or so west of Chattanooga) is just gorgeous. The outdoor amphitheater was super nice with lush grass in the fields. Entry and exits were a breeze, no lines, no waiting. Nobody complied with the stupid “entry times” with back areas supposed to arrive at 5pm, lol. We were just starting to eat dinner at 5pm, then pregame til 6:30, then drive straight in, band on stage at 7:03. Sweet. We ended up in a cool little cabin rental with a nice backyard and fire pit. Made for some fun pre and post show gatherings. They had security assigned to sections, and as our luck would have it, we had a “thank god I finally got some authority” douchebag. Our POD was too fucking small for 6 people to be dancing in, and he wanted us inside the ribbon. So we “accidentally” broke our ribbon, haha. I swear, to me all the PODs seemed to be the same size. If all 6 of us stayed inside the ribbon and danced conservatively we would be longing for the wide open spaces of say, the Orange Peel in Asheville, 😂😂. Concession service was excellent and most all the staff were super nice. 

The 90s are not my fav set list era, but this show is an exception. The first set was a rockin good time with a noteworthy Loser wrapped by some great dance numbers. Second set, love Samson opener (my dogs named Samson), Pocky Way fun, then liftoff, haha. From estimated on it was a continuous stream of auditory bliss. Great dance time with some of my fav folks in the world. Lots of forum friends spotted and hugged, which felt great!!! Thanks band and crew for always putting on a show worth traveling for!

• Like (+1) 4