The 5/08/77 of Dark Star Orchestra.

• Forum MVP

Subjective, yes, Hardpan. For me, Dark Star orchestra’s best show is my first one. OCNJ music pier. I stood ten feet in front of John K. Alabama opener, second Jerry tune was Peggy-O. As the tune started, the hair on my neck stood up, tears filled my eyes. The feeling of knowing that I can still go to shows overwhelmed me. After Jerry left, I didn’t  bother with shows, figured that I would be walking around looking for Jerry’s guitar and not finding it. I stumbled in to Dark Star, first heard of them a few days earlier, I was in OC anyway. I knew right away that I would be seeing them when they came around. (If you sit still, they will come to you)  Fortunately, they have persevered, still truckin decades later. Twenty years later, I am close to sixty shows, done on purpose. I, even with the Dead, don’t  do a lot of shows so that the original feeling stays dominant. The rough math says that I need to live until I am 237 to get up to 300 shows. … gonna get there, I don’t know…

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

As previously posted my favorite was 1/31/2005

I cried at my first 1/22/99

Danced like it was 1999 at Jubilation two weeks ago

Dont have 300 shows….more like 400 and change

Hope “the best” is yet to come…or whats the point?

• Like (+1) 3