NBA playoffs

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

I don't feel like many on here follow the NBA that closely. We talk college hoops and football. Some NFL. But not much NBA. I, for one, am excited about this years playoffs. I feel it's truly wide open. My sixers could win it all. Or the Bucks again. Maybe the Celtics and you can't rule out the Nets. That's just in the East. Warriors or Suns look strong in the West but you wouldn't be shocked if Memphis pulled it off. 

• Forum MVP

Big Utah Jazz fan here. We've had great regular seasons and not gotten over the hump in the playoffs. A few more injuries and not as great a regular season this year, hopefully things fall our way in the playoffs. Doncic out for the Mavs doesn't hurt

• Forum MVP

I saw the Bobby sighting too. Pretty cool. And yes the dubs look like real contenders right now. I'm a big curry fan so if it's ends up being my sixers vs Warriors my heart will be torn a little but I'd have to root for my sixers.

If Joel Embid doesn't win the MVP something is wrong with the league.  The guy is unguardable.  No matter if you double, or triple team him.  I almost want him to get snubbed so he has a bigger chip on his shoulder and works harder.  Haven't seen a big man dominate like him in a while.  Shaq was dominant but couldn't shoot.  Jo has all of Shaq's brute force plus touch.  I just hope he can stay healthy for a deep playoff run and keep blowing peoples minds on the court  

usa-joel-embiid-21_0.jpg

Edited by Billy DeLyon

• Forum MVP

Embiid definitely deserves mvp this year. Dude is a monster. I'm not ready to say he dominates with brute force like Shaq did. Shaq was a beast but Embiid has other aspects of his game that Shaq just didn't have. He can hit some free throws and shoot the ball much better than Shaq. 

I'm a big Steph Curry fan and grew up outside of Philadelphia. I am hoping for a Sixers Warriors finals. I'd pull for my Sixers there. Unfortunately I don't trust Harden enough to feel comfortable predicting the Sixers beat the Celtics or Bucks for sure but I think we got a chance to beat anyone. Harden overrated in my opinion. 

• Forum MVP
On 4/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, Tom Banjo said:

Incredible finish to the Nets Celtics game 1. Tatum hit a lay up at buzzer for win. Irving dropped 18 in the quarter as Nets erased 15 point lead to end up up 5 to eventually lose by 1 at the buzzer.

Sshhhh.....don't mention Duke guys on here.....you may awaken the haters.

• Haha (+1) 1

I take it all back.  Embid's a bum, Sixers are cooked.  How do you come out in an elimination game in the playoffs at home and act like you don't want to be there?  To a man no one on the Sixers looked at all interested in playing basketball.  I guess the team takes on the persona of their fraud of a coach Glen Rivers.  The only coach to ever lose 3 playoff series after leading them 3-1 and soon the be the first coach EVER to lose a playoff series after being up 3-0.  The same coach who called out the Philly fans saying they had no clue about Ben Simmonds and how he was a treasure and Philly fans know nothing about basketball.  Then they'll give over the hill Harden a $220 million dollar max deal for 4 years.  You think he looks slow and broken down now, wait until he's making $60,000,000 a year at the age of 36.

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Billy DeLyon said:

I take it all back.  Embid's a bum, Sixers are cooked.  How do you come out in an elimination game in the playoffs at home and act like you don't want to be there?  To a man no one on the Sixers looked at all interested in playing basketball.  I guess the team takes on the persona of their fraud of a coach Glen Rivers.  The only coach to ever lose 3 playoff series after leading them 3-1 and soon the be the first coach EVER to lose a playoff series after being up 3-0.  The same coach who called out the Philly fans saying they had no clue about Ben Simmonds and how he was a treasure and Philly fans know nothing about basketball.  Then they'll give over the hill Harden a $220 million dollar max deal for 4 years.  You think he looks slow and broken down now, wait until he's making $60,000,000 a year at the age of 36.

As a Jazz fan,  I feel your pain. 3-30 from 3???? I've necessary seen this team shoot as bad as they are in this series, terrible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...