NFL Draft 2022

Rude

• Forum MVP

If you are a Jets or Giants fan you have to feel giddy about the draft. The giants may have gotten the best DE and OT. That’s a massive upgrade. The jets got a star WR in Garrett Wilson and a star CB in sauce Gardner in the top 10. Unfortunately my cowboys picked a project at OT in the 1st who led all of college in penalties committed playing at Tulsa. It’s not like he had to defend against Georgia guys rushing the QB in the AAC. On that note if you wonder why Georgia won the national championship, they had 5 defenders drafted in the 1st round. 7 total by the 3rd and 15 total players drafted which is the most ever from 1 team. They were so deep their backup DT was drafted at 28. A backup drafted 1st round. I saw someone joke they would give up their whole draft for georgias defensive guys in the draft. I’m like I bet you’d give up a whole draft for 5 1st rounders and the number 1 overall pick lol. 

• Forum MVP

The problem with having a good season is you pay for it in the draft with late picks. I look at it like if you make the playoffs you will get worse respectively to the rest of the league. That is unless you traded away a player for good picks. Anything after the 3rd round is fools gold. I follow the draft a lot. The shot of playing more than 4 years is slim. Past the 4th round it’s a Hail Mary. For those 20+ UDFA’s just picked up, maybe 1 will make the team this year. 

18 hours ago, bs69 said:

I'm good with what the Bengals did adding defensive depth focusing on the secondary. Very proud of my Bearcats with 9 players drafted and 5 in the first 3 rounds.