Happy Birthday Jerry!

Billy DeLyon

Happy (what would have been your 80th) Birthday Jerome John Garcia.  Thanks for creating the soundtrack of many of our lives.  Though one of life's greatest tragedies was me never being able to roast a bone and listen to you live in person no one musician has come close to being a bigger influence in my life.  Would of loved to seen what kind of crazy music that would have come out in the last 27 years.  Just listening to some Legion of Mary, JGB, and Old & in the way.  Jerry definitely had the chops to play any kind of music acoustic or electric with more passion and soul that almost anyone.  I'd like to think the day I move on to the Promised Land I'll be greeted by a small concert hall with Jerry and the boys up on stage for an epic recreation of a magic filled show that catches everyone off guard with the fresh new sound of an up and coming band that just landed on the scene.  Rest in Rock Jerr

Edited by Billy DeLyon
  • Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Jerry’s genius changed my life.  Not sure I would’ve taken the chances I did, travel to just about every state, and become great friends with total strangers.  

Every decision we make has a trade-off and a consequence.  I have zero regrets about taking the magic carpet ride that was the Grateful Dead.  Traveling far and near for the chance to see/hear Jerry channel the indescribable felt like exploring the final frontier.  Thank you for that, Jerry.  Thank you for helping make a large part of my life such a beautiful adventure!

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Lovers come and lovers go, but River roll, roll, roll.….

I’ve been all around this world, I could not caution all, I still might warn a few, the sailor gave it least a try,  been hiding out, in a rock and roll band….don’t you see? I will not forgive you, if you will not take the chance, gonna get there, I don’t know, you know they’re gonna miss us, the singing man is at his song, never had me such a good time, let the world go by, smile, smile, smile….back where I belong, feels like it might be alright….let the world go by…sleep in The stars….wake up to find out, he’s gone…..