jubilee favorite

My favorite set was first night second set...short but comes with that particular time stamp....the scarlet > fire was WOW! However, the dancin may have been better...black peter was just as good...whole weekend was really FUN!! Thanks for the late time visits Rob k and Cotter....great having you both there!!! PLUS, most of our awesome DSO family ...they come around!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Good topic weather. My favorite set was first set third night. Knowing we were getting another elective, esp after the Mattson and Friends set, meant we could get anything (like some more JGB or airplane or anything) that lifted my spirits. Fire from night one was crazy good and long. I started my phone's smart recorder after the first verse sensing we were in a monster. Black Peter makes me want to say thank you to the campmates and other forum folks and unknowns throughout the weekend for being there. AC hotel might as well be the Bates motel after the past year and I needed my friends to come around and good lovin', first night set the foundation for the second night.  Meeting people who weren't either the first or second nights, I got to remind them those were warm ups for Sunday Funday. At BMFS three night stand in Cincy, my long time touring friend stated before the third night that he thought the first night was better than the second (admitting he knew more of the songs in the first night) I replied that anytime spent will William Apostle is a blessing, can't denegrate or hail one night better. Same with Dark Star Orchestra, especially at Jubilee. Isn't each show another practice session for the next?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I loved the song selection night 3 but every night had their moments. I especially loved the energy from the people I know night 1. Night 2 the energy dipped a little bit. I think night 3 was closer to night 1 but night 1 still had more of that jubilant energy. That's contagious make you want to shake your bones spirit. Needless to say these are just my perceptions and maybe my projections. Maybe my energy was lower. But you could feel people shedding some of that negative energy that builds up in every day life. The stress. The sadness. And embracing the joys of being alive and being loved. Night 1 definitely brought that magic for me. So many smiling faces twirling around. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

I loved the song selection night 3 but every night had their moments. I especially loved the energy from the people I know night 1. Night 2 the energy dipped a little bit. I think night 3 was closer to night 1 but night 1 still had more of that jubilant energy. That's contagious make you want to shake your bones spirit. Needless to say these are just my perceptions and maybe my projections. Maybe my energy was lower. But you could feel people shedding some of that negative energy that builds up in every day life. The stress. The sadness. And embracing the joys of being alive and being loved. Night 1 definitely brought that magic for me. So many smiling faces twirling around. 

night 1 we were so tired trying to adjust to a night time schedule from a 9pm bed time that mei actually said at drums space she wanted to go to sleep. I made her push on but at 12:45 we were in the tent asleep. By night 3 i had my sea legs and a set 2 start of HSF is my favorite intro. Energy plays a huge part in musical enjoyment 

• Like (+1) 2