78/01/11  Shrine Auditorium,  Los Angeles, CA

Minglewood, Dire Wolf, Looks Like Rain, TLEO,

Big River>El Paso, Brown-Eyed Women,

Let It Grow.

Samson and Delilah, Sunrise, Terrapin Station>

Playin' In the Band>Drums>St. Stephen>

Not Fade Away>Playin' reprise.

E:  Passenger.

F: Box of Rain, Easy Wind, The Weight, Ripple.

Smoothly executed show delivered by our band

at the nation's capital. Bob material stands out

in a routine first, LLR silky, I could hear Big River

every night, LIG end jam well built.

Samson fine kickoff, Lisa got a big hand after

Sunrise.  Terrapin through Stephen dreamy--

the Playin' all it should be.  Passenger a 1 of 1

in the encore slot.

Easy Wind anchored the filler and was the 

highlight of the night.

Spent the evening with loved friends and 

all the dance space I needed.

Thanks DSO and crew.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

my show attendance in 2023 has been abysmal. My work has taken off more this year and I often work weekends- and this was so for every would be chance to see DSO. I think before last night I saw 3 shows- Red Bank, one night of Albany, and Penn's Peak. Maybe i'm missing something else....easily the least number of shows since my earliest days of show going. Like....probably 2003. That's crazy.

anyways, it worked out to make it to the Anthem, a venue that has been hyped up like crazy for a few years now. and it met the hype!! every venue should be like this. 

The show was great. DSO played fantastic. And to be back on the dance floor, the music moving through me was nothing short of transcendent. Yum.

Got my eyes on St. Aug in Dec....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I think the band likes the gorgeous theaters. I love a mega flat dance floor like that place. Give me a flat spot and room to move and that’s all i need. The Signal in Chattanooga wax just like the anthem but 5x+ smaller floor and 10x smaller overall. The anthem is the bees knees. 

glad you guys got to groove in the anthem. Saw Dso 3x and Jrad once there and it always blows me away. 

• Forum MVP

my ability to HEAR the music is inseparable from my body's freedom to MOVE to it. So i don't care how nice a theatre is....i care about having a flat open floor to receive the music on. The music of the Grateful Dead is about Freedom; theaters are restrictive and they favor those with money. I like GA- or at least a GA floor. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mango said:

my ability to HEAR the music is inseparable from my body's freedom to MOVE to it. So i don't care how nice a theatre is....i care about having a flat open floor to receive the music on. The music of the Grateful Dead is about Freedom; theaters are restrictive and they favor those with money. I like GA- or at least a GA floor. 

you can have all the money in the world and 1st row seats balcony in venues and you have no room to move. We’ve been getting balcony if we know it’s gonna be packed to have seat plus floor options. In Atlanta I shmoozed the usher and told her how respectful I’d be of others if I can dance in the walkway. She said just don’t run into people. I’m like boom!!! Unfortunately was just me in a 10x10 spot with her running others away. Mei had a whole row and she was cool. I needed to move front to back