Alaska in 1980

• Forum MVP

Recent additions is part of my daily readings esp since it's listing like every show, fun to see the names and the equipment used to capture and transfer. With today's addition it interesting to see Seattle was played 6 days before a three show onslaught in Alaska where they probably hadn't played and probably won't get back so they had to lay everything out for those shows. Then the return was 8 days later in Pauly pavilion (I think) , they never let up because there's a three night Warfield 9/25, 9/26, 9/27, starting the 30 marathon that happened in October. First Alpine show was in August 1980, Althea played almost every night. This is could be the boost effect of Brent that looks like relentless time on the road and on stage. I hadn't given much thought to the Alaska shows until now when I see them in the context of Seattle heading there and the return CA shows with not much time between and the magnitude of possibly first and last show for those heads. 

• Forum MVP

These MAC  and SBD reels to listen to was unheard of when I started trying to get recordings of the shows I was at in 84, 85 and 86 until the coma. When he came back we had the AKG460'S >D5 in place, with an occasional D6. However to get my first tape of a show I was at (Syracuse 10/20/84) from a solid source, I had to give this guy my only tape deck for like 3 weeks before he returned it with the two Carrier Done tapes. I know he was using my deck and his to make a ton of tapes, but didn't think badly about it because I was about to have the Syracuse tapes. Later tapes we acquired by mailing out 10-15 90 min cassette with material  that someone wanted who had 10-15 shows of what i wanted. Do all the copying with flipping every 45 min, labeling, packaging and then to PO to send off. It could take weeks even months to get a package back with tapes of  shows I'd choose off their list. Made connections in cities all over so boxes of tapes were going everywhere and Maxwell and TDK were making out like Charlie Sheen. Thank God for our central library so we don't all have to get copies. Thanks for the time, expertise and the thoughtfulness of those uploading. Screw read Stephen King, this much more pertinent 

• Forum MVP

I hope to contribute when it gets to 88, 89 and 90. Used AKG 460's with 60 capsules corded into a real dbx home unit (that was secured in foam as a false backing to the backpack, the dbx was converted from ac/dc to batteries  encoding>D5 capture. The masters were transfer from A to D decoding properly with a dbx 224x t into a tascam CD.