Rams Head sat

Mango

The GD is living and breathing through the DSO, who honor and respect the roots of this music with such style and grace that I simply have to laugh out loud for much of the time I'm in the room. Thank you for what you do!

Down to my core, so much joy, grateful for these moments right now, amazed by how blazingly well the band was playing, swimming in the love that was in the room. There is something very very deep going on here - a deep connection to what was started way back in the Haight - but which is very much a part of the fabric of our lives today. And boy do we need it!

Very well said, Greeny. "Weather command", it was the same with me as I was listening to DSO in Europe I had goosebumps on my arms too and I couldn't believe my ears! I am so happy that DSO went its unusual way until now. Sometimes it seems to me that they have worked wonders.

Peace

Walther

:rolleyes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...
Guest Lisacat

So I was listening to the "Lovelight" in the car and when I got back I had to track this thread down. Classic. The more things change...

herdy.gifgrouphug.gif

*sigh*

You can't let go

and you can't hold on

• Forum MVP

Still by far my most listened to DSO show. The Eaton mix and the show were incredible. It is amazing how many people I have met in this community that were at this show that I didn't know at that time. Hell, I didn't even really dance much back then. What an experience this whole ride has been. I think I will have to give it another listen tonight....

So I was listening to the "Lovelight" in the car and when I got back I had to track this thread down. Classic. The more things change...

herdy.gifgrouphug.gif

Thanks for tracking this down. Fun read. Someone posted a clip of this show (last year?) that I saved to the desktop at home. I believe I'm gonna have to get the compete. Thanks again!!

http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,3865/Dark-Star-Orchestra-mp3-flac-download-5-19-2007-Rams-Head-Live-Baltimore-MD.html

ps Don't forget to tell a friend.........

:dsorocks:

• 1 year later...

Years later in the Jeff Mattson era, I still love this show. Listen to it in my car regularly. Overall I prefer Jeff, but John was also great, and this show stand out as one of the best DSO has ever played. As a listener at home I prefer original setlists; they feel, well more original, and this is one for the ages. Totally alive and transcendent.

• Forum MVP

Thanks for revisiting this thread again. It is such a beautiful way-back machine (cue "The Way We Were").

This is still my favorite DSO show and the one I listen to when I listen to one. There are about 12 in my top 5 list but that night simply had it all.

Bless you, everyone.

Thanks for tracking this down. Fun read. Someone posted a clip of this show (last year?) that I saved to the desktop at home. I believe I'm gonna have to get the compete. Thanks again!!

http://www.livedownl...ltimore-MD.html

ps Don't forget to tell a friend.........

:dsorocks:

The above link is outdated-at least I could not access shows that far back. This link http://www.nugs.net/...productID=19984 will get you the goods. Thanks again for the re-visit. Always a great read!!

ps How many friends have you told?? :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

What are your other top shows? Amidst all the great Mattson shows, is there one that stands out like this (especially one that is available for download)?!

I don't get out as much as I used to and there are others who are far more qualified than I to give a comprehensive list of truly grate Mattson shows. Anyway, originals are where it is at as far as I'm concerned, and my fav Mattson show was 8-6-10 Atlantic City Hilton. That was another magical set list in a nice venue with an awesome dance scene. I'm not sure if there is any recording out there. I do have some pretty deeply ingrained memories of it, especially of the Tangled.

If this band ever did a TN tour, I would sign up for that...

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to this show in my car, in my house, by my pool and in my classroom. Can't stop dancing to the crisp ALIVE sounds DSO produced on that amazing night! One of MY favorite shows.....EVER!

Just reread my post pages back......sangria drinkers? Anyone recall what THAT was about? Ha!

Peace all.

And as always, MASSIVE thanks to the band that just keeps on giving!

• Advisory Board

If anyone has a copy of this show, I was told you are more the welcome to upload it to archive or torrent it or whatever to those who want the show. As far as the AC Hilton, Chuck was talking about (which is among my top 5 shows ever), I do have a copy of it floating around somewhere. I was given this show to me by a band member, so I don't know if I'm allowed to share, but I'll see what I can do. First off I have to find the CD's... I can't remember if I uploaded the show to my computer or not.

Archived