Albany

chinacats111

Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD 6/27/84

Set 1: Jack Straw, Friend Of The Devil, Little Red Rooster, Cumberland Blues, My Brother Esau, Loser, Let It Grow

Set 2: Help On The Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower > Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World > Why Don't We Do It In The Road > Drums > Space > Morning Dew > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away

Encore: Brokedown Palace

Filler: New Potato Caboose > William Tell Bridge > The Eleven, Ripple

The theatre was incredible! Absolutely beautiful and the sound was great. The orchestra pit was left empty and created a moat in front of the stage, which was actually kinda nice because less people were crowding the front of the stage. Glad Lauren and I made the drive north for the show. It was great dancing with friends all around. Good times with Chuck, Brian, Steve, Kris and all others. Excited for the rest of the tour.

:dsorocks: Kyle :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

It was the hottest filler of all time.First few notes of the potatoe ,my freakin jaw hit the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was amazing & only a 2 & a half hour drive home. I don't see how they could top it. I'm going to bed now ,just ate som octapus salad,homefries ,turkey sausage.Should sleep real good. Goood night .

That was so good I don't know if I want to go to anymore shows. Just Kidding. I moved out of the front row pre Dew and drifted under the overhang. The sound blew me away. It was so full and clear. The theater was top notch. Healy was superb. Eaton said before the filler that it was Healy inspired. Keep up the inspiration Dan We all loved it.

Why Don't We Do It In The Road; Barraco's vocals were great. The transition was so smooth.

The very first New Potato Caboose, who knows whats to come next. Last summer at Vasa Park the Tricksters did Potato Caboose and we were wishing DSO would do the tune. My wishes have come true.

Can't say enough about the theater and the crowd. Great space, huge, ornate, friendly staff, DEAD HEAD Crowd.

Just wish some of us were there that would have been had they not moved. Missed you, probable would have been waking up in Garrettsville this morning.

Gratitude for the music, sincere thanks to the band. You guys are wonderful. Keep the music playing.

Trying to figure out tonights show the logistics for tomorrow are presenting some difficulties. This work thing is what sucks Chuck.

Love and Peace, Kris

That was so good I don't know if I want to go to anymore shows. Just Kidding. I moved out of the front row pre Dew and drifted under the overhang. The sound blew me away. It was so full and clear. The theater was top notch. Healy was superb. Eaton said before the filler that it was Healy inspired. Keep up the inspiration Dan We all loved it.

Why Don't We Do It In The Road; Barraco's vocals were great. The transition was so smooth.

The very first New Potato Caboose, who knows whats to come next. Last summer at Vasa Park the Tricksters did Potato Caboose and we were wishing DSO would do the tune. My wishes have come true.

Can't say enough about the theater and the crowd. Great space, huge, ornate, friendly staff, DEAD HEAD Crowd.

Just wish some of us were there that would have been had they not moved. Missed you, probable would have been waking up in Garrettsville this morning.

Gratitude for the music, sincere thanks to the band. You guys are wonderful. Keep the music playing.

Trying to figure out tonights show the logistics for tomorrow are presenting some difficulties. This work thing is what sucks Chuck.

Love and Peace, Kris

The shows are sounding better & better each night! Of course we miss everyone, but we'll all be together soon. The Palace is a beautiful theatre with a lot of Dead- rich history. We haven't missed upstate NY, though, maybe someday we will? Sounds like quite possibly, the best filler they've ever cranked out. Any tapers around? I (Vince) was at the original show and of course, had a real good time! So, everyone enjoy the journey, can't wait to be together!

Peace

V&S

ps............'but not as much as tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Merriweather Post Pavilion, MD

6/27/84

Jack Straw

FOTD

Rooster

Cumberland

Esau

Loser

Let It Grow

Help>

Slip>

Franklins

Estimated>

Eyes>

Why don't we do it in the road?>

Drums>

Morning Dew>

Throwin' Stones>

NFA

Encore:

Brokedown

Filler:

New Potatoe Caboose>

William Tell bridge>

The Eleven

Ripple

I can't find the words right now to convey how good DSO is playing . Healy has the sound, well, Healy like lets call it - OMG!!!....the past 2 nights have absolutely blown me away!!! Last night at the Palace it was as if you had noise cancelling headphones on - crystal clear and ohhhh so crisp. I thought Williamsport was the shiznits......then the 2nd set in Albany reared its head and showed just how powerful this music can be.....all I can say is do what you must to get to a show ASAP....

Once again DSO - thanks for rockin this old hippies soul - see you all when the bus rolls through Buffalo

Guest LastFairDeal

06-27-84 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Md. (Wed)

1: Jack Straw, FOTD, Rooster, Cumberland, Esau, Loser, Let It Grow

2: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Estimated> Eyes> Do It In The Road*> Drumz> Morning Dew> Throwing Stones> NFA E: Brokedown Palace

Pretty Outstanding show tonight!!! First of all, had dinner with Rob & John at McGeary's next door (well they sat next to us anyway)

Been a while since I posted anything, but tonight deserves a quick review.

The Palace is a beautiful venue with awesome acoustics! The band fit in real nice and the sound was tight! Highlights for me were first set Loser and a decent Esau. But the 2nd set was SUPER SWEET!!! I mean Help,SlipFrank,Estimated,Eyes is enough to get anyone rockin'. But when Barraco busted out Do It In The Road..... the Palace erupted!!! Chills up and down my spine. The Morning Dew out of Drumz/Space was enough to bring tears to your eyes, or at least mine.

After Brokedown the band played their own mini-set of:

New Potatoe>William Tell(HGCW)>The Eleven...really nice jam into Ripple

Let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Peace and Love to all...good night!!!

:D

• Forum MVP
sounds like someone is still a little upset about missing the anniversary show... ;)

In a way, oh yeah. But these last two shows have helped me work through a couple of issues... B)

With the Albany set and setting (and historic filler), then last night with more non-stop dancing, I'm due for a two-day break before climbing back on the bus balls deep for the rest of the tour.

Herdy, WTF? All in, buddy?

• Forum MVP
I still think Warfeild in SF needs to happen

Agreed! they've played there twice before... they sell out the Nokia in NYC, and the warfield holds only 150 more.. and i think the demand is higher in sf.. warfield seems like the logical choice.

didnt eaton post something about promoter discrepancies prohibiting them from playing the warfield? like AEG vs LiveNation or something?

• Forum MVP
Anyone get a count on how many people were there last night?

It felt so good to get lost in the crowd again...

I would think it was aleast 3 /4ths full ,the balcony had alot empty but they could all been dancing in the hallway,For a moment that night it felt like being back at the capital theatre in passaic for awhile ,the sound in the back was so full & the best indoor sound I've ever experenced with these guys.After this show I kept on saying whats the point with ever going again ,thats how good it was but sunday did not disapoint.Love yas all!!!!. we're on a roll now ,see you all real soon. Peace---Steve

• Forum MVP
Agreed! they've played there twice before... they sell out the Nokia in NYC, and the warfield holds only 150 more.. and i think the demand is higher in sf.. warfield seems like the logical choice.

didnt eaton post something about promoter discrepancies prohibiting them from playing the warfield? like AEG vs LiveNation or something?

They do 3 nites in s.f. compared to 2 in n.y.c. but they do alot more shows in the surounding area of n.y.c. I would think they could & maybe in the future find a nicer place to play in in n.y.c. like maybe the Beacon theatre. We had a chant last night after the show Where do they play the most , well of corse its on the eaaast coast!!!!! gotta love it.

• Forum MVP
I heard about 1800 total crowd in Albany, and sold out in Princeton.

I would have guessed more than that. One of the workers said the Palace in Albany sits 3800...and it looked a lot more than half full...I would have figured around 2500.

Peace,

Doc

• Forum MVP
....the sound in the back was so full & the best indoor sound I've ever experenced with these guys.....

Interesting thing I noticed in Albany....When I walked / danced around anywhere downstairs and most of the balcony the sound was excellent. But I had seats with my older brother on the first row of the balcony and from there the sound was a bit muddy....particullarly the vocals. My sister in law said she could not understand the lyrics. I wonder if there is some sort of interference pattern in the sound waves right at the lip of the balcony. I wanted to just leave the seats and play downstairs but I also wanted to be with my brother and wife. ( it was their first DSO show). From that spot on the balcony we had a good view of the stage. I could watch Rob's fingers on the keyboards and had a clear view of Dino and Rob in the back on drums. Marland was particulary impressed by the light show, especially the display on the wall behind the stage.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Archived