Jump to content

Rude

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    6,299
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    349

Everything posted by Rude

  1. Shoreline sound sucks in the lawn as well. These places haven’t upgraded their lawn PA’s ever. They need at least 3 of some 4 stack array for the lawn. Inside the pavilion they have a line array 10 pieces tall.
  2. Did you see AC up there? He did that run too. Seems like a great 3 days. I think I’m gonna do panic New Years in Nashville. Close is good. JRAD in Colorado seems great but wild man is making it tough on the grandparents lol.
  3. Has DSO become coastal elitists? Rumor has it they will never play flyover country again…….ever. They have become extremists. From “fuh getabout it” to “hey man. You’re destroying the planet. your car uses gas” or from “why did fuck did you say hi to me” to “gnarly shirt brah” or from The home of Trump to the home of Manson. The hard working “real Americans” ain’t getting no shows. Time to rectify that. Cheers. Hell even the people that say cheers governor are getting a show in September. Even the third reich and Mussolini’s home towns are getting shows. It’s time for Dino and Rob K to fight the coastal elitists (barraco) and bring back shows that are more than 100 miles from the ocean!!!
  4. Playing pandora dead radio 7/11/22 at 7:49 est and was like that sounds like barraco singing. Phil and friends 6/28/06 Raleigh. Don’t get to hear barraco sing Bertha much. Very doubtful he’s ever been lead singer on Bertha in DSO and likely not a lot in his career but it was a solid lead! it must be Rob B day on pandora as 6/30/06 Phil and friends Camden St Stephen has him singing again a few songs later, although harmony vs the Bertha lead. Pretty sure Barraco asked Phil for 1 lesson on bass and next day he was like “mastered it. If dso will ever let me join, I can play bass if needed in a pinch”. Note that’s a dramatization and may or may not have happened. Get ready for a ton of that in that Jonah hill Jerry movie. I expect nonsense like Jerry shooting up in a locked bathroom stall and 2 cops are peeing outside and Jerry drops his dope and the cops are like us someone in there and it’s a stressful moment or all the invented conversations it takes to make a docudrama. To make it current and relevant as the Grateful Dead is in the mothballs of history while Deadco is fresh and fashion forward, Bobby should be telling Jerry “come on dude. People want this music slow. No one wants that fast style. We need to partner with Izod to have a Grateful Dead line of pastel polos and offer a $5k cashmere SYF blanket that will be a hit with our core fans”.
  5. we saw you there. Well we saw the fb stream with you on it lol
  6. i was at that show. Was a few months after Jerry died and was seeing if they could fill the void. I hated the setlist. It wasn’t dancy and happy. That was last time I saw phish until 2019.
  7. Bonnaroo starts tomorrow. The highs in Nashville are supposed to be 99 Thursday and Friday. Screw that. Plus you have to walk minimum half a mile from camp to the music venue if not a full mile if you don’t get there early. They have 2 air conditioned medical tents where they put an IV bag to rehydrate you. The medical guy said an IV gets them back to normal pretty quick. Hell I think I’d just go say I’m overheating and get the IV fluids. Maybe go early AM to recover from the previous night. Hey bro. Could you toss a little morphine and some B12 in the bag to get rid of the hangover. Can you just leave this hooked up and I’ll pour ice water in the bag as needed. Bonnaroo is set up as a young persons fest with the brutal heat being end of June in the south and the ridiculous walk to camp. You could pay $4k for super vip to get within a few blocks if you like to throw money away or you are one of those types who need to feel important. There is actual music there though vs Coachella with no one I’ve ever heard of and only 20% are influencers at bonnaroo vs the majority of Coachella’s crowd.
  8. annie are you ok. Are you ok annie.
  9. So meili was watching the Tonys the other night as she’s did a lot of musical theater in the day and now I can’t get smooth criminal out of my head. I keep singing. “Annie are you ok. Are you ok Annie”. Fuck. It’s on repeat in my head.
  10. i think half the country has had covid in the last 3 weeks. Everyone’s doing home tests so the official numbers are way lower than in the days where you did drive thru testing. order your 8 free tests here. It’s a simple auto fill form. https://special.usps.com/testkits
  11. nice!!! You are getting a lot of music lately!
  12. I heard from a reliable source that even though this has weird stuff like copyright 2021 Swati Music, that this is actually from a 2004 DSO show from the Norva with Scott on keys. The other day meili said dso has a 2nd song besides the talking heads cover they did for a tribute album on Apple Music that was just released. So at least part of the mystery solved. The 2021 swati music is still a mystery plus there’s a picture of a staircase as the cover art.
  13. Initially I thought it was a Brent vocal track with DSO doing the music, but it doesn’t sound as much like Brent later on like the falsetto was stressing the singers voice but it’s pretty dead on Brent’s voice. Someone solve the mystery!!!
  14. Lol I know the song and who Brent is. What I’m saying is there’s 1 song on Apple Music with dso and you can hear Eaton but the main vocals sound like Brent. https://music.apple.com/us/album/we-can-run-but-we-cant-hide/1597562433?i=1597562434 Dark Star Orchestra • We Can Run But We Can't Hide https://open.spotify.com/track/46AXVEAOablio8tqpWSJJh
  15. So there’s a 2nd DSO song on Apple Music: We can run but we can’t hide. It was released 10/6/21. There’s no album associated with it. No details. I thought it was a dead song mislabeled at 1st b/c it sounds like Brent. It’s not Barraco singing unless he developed a serious falsetto. Anyone know what this was from?
  16. i think it was more of a metaphorical take on the state of world during the Cold War and a condemnation of the military industrial complex.
  17. Looks like they’ve been adding more Allmans which is always a good thing. Saw them do a 10 minute insane Melissa in St. Louis. Assumed it was just a jam that would go into dead but played it big into a hard stop.
  18. They have an interesting take on Just like heaven by the cure. My best buddy was big into alternative in the 80’s but I couldn’t really get bands like Sonic youth. I dug Depeche Mode and the cure and others but I need a melody. Without a good melody I can’t really get a band. It’s why I despise Radiohead. You play your weird math rock but most of your songs lack a basic melody. I’ve tried to get them but I can’t. Friends are like they are brilliant so I kept trying to listen. Nope. Don’t get it. They had a few songs like creep, but that’s an outlier that almost sounds like a song their label bought for them. Then you see Rolling Stone call OK Computer a top 20 album all time and I tried again. Nope. Don’t get it.
  19. If DSO decided to cancel a show 4 days before because they wanted to go see a basketball game, I’d be sooo pissed. Can’t believe that Eric Church cancelled an arena sold out show to go see a basketball game. Screwing 12k people last second to go see a game. Don’t schedule a show during the final 4 if there’s a shot your teams in it. This is one of the craziest things I’ve seen. https://variety.com/2022/music/news/eric-church-cancels-concert-ncaa-game-unc-san-antonio-1235218562/amp/
  20. Notice: If anyone makes fun of my Alopecia I can now legally slap you. Plus with my tall stature showing my small bald spot in jubilee videos as I stick out, if they are not edited to add hair, I can also slap you, but this is only for future videos as the statute of limitations has expired for old vids.
  21. Saw JRAD at the pageant. I like these guys besides their sound. I was trying to figure out how best to describe what comes out of the PA. When they are all shredding, it becomes one sound. You can’t hear the cymbals or drums hardly at all. It’s like a muddled loud sound. It’s like turning up a bad stereo way past the level you should. Think about when you go to an arena and walk towards the bathroom. You can still hear music but it’s all muddled. But that’s the sound dead center in front of the PA. At my 1st JRAD show I kept asking people what’s wrong with the sound. I thought it was the venue. But every show is like that. Listening to dead and Dso the cymbals and high hats are all crystal clear. It’s like a stereo just just mids and no clean highs. Part of this is the sound delay they use constantly. It’s like creating an arena sound in a theater but in the part of the arena where the sound bounces everywhere. Every time I see them I get annoyed that this is the sound they are going for. I don’t get it. They do tons of cool shit but I want my music clear and clean. On that note, they started jamming Jessica in set 2. Thought it would be a minute then maybe 2 minute jam into a dead song. Nope. They raged a 10 minute full Jessica by the Allmans. Of course with their sound it’s hard to get the tiny details but it was rip roaring and got by far the biggest ovation of the night and how can you not want to hear that song. It’s such an epic fun happy jam that makes me think of sunny warm days. set 1 Row Jimmy music never stopped sugaree Dancin(had been teased since MNS) franklins set 2 Black throated wind jessIca it hurts me too eyes minglewood morning dew E: Sampson. 12 song show. A bit short time wise. Started at 8:15. 40 minute set break and ended at 11:20. Miss my 4 hour dso show
  22. I won’t drive cross country again like we did a few years ago. Too old for an 18 hour day on the road. I’ll fly and rent a car but getting from Kentucky to Palm Springs in 36 hours almost did me in. That counts sleeping. Once we made it out there it was gravy but that drive....
  23. He needs to stock up on black sweat pants and black tees with an occasional red tee thrown in there. He was smoking a cig so he’s got that part down. did Jerry ever wear a full tie dye outfit or is that creative license. I’m sure there will be a lot of that. A pure Jerry docudrama would likely be a tad boring or at least based on his last 15 years. Play show, hide out, go to Hawaii.
  24. That’s a great Atlanta dead band name for sure!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...