D>S>

Comes a Time

St. Stephen>

Willian Tell>

Eleven>

Lovelight (Lisa Pen Style)

Sing Your Blues Away

After Midnight

This was a great show--almost perfect. The kind of show that could make a live album, in that every song was so clean and had a lot of energy. There was a small vocal imperfection towards the end of Comes but, in my opinion, they could include that in an album because it represented what Garcia was all about--it was real.

The Lovelight is probably a close second place to the Ram's head classic.

I'm too exhausted to go into great detail with my perceptions of this show. However, I felt like I needed to write down SOMETHING when I got home. I have been to roughly 150 Grateful Dead shows starting in 1973 when I was draged kicking and screaming to Winterland from my freshman dorm in Berkeley in the middle of the week by Deadhead friends. This started a love affair with GD music that has persisted to this day. I've now been to roughly 15 DSO shows, which has filled a big void since Jerry died. I have to state honestly here that tonights' show--especially the second set, was completely off the chart!!! It is kind of shocking for me to say this, but I honestly can't say I've been to a finer concert in all these many years. This show was every bit the equal of the best performances of the GD that I've had the privilege to see in legendary venues such as Winterland and the Greek Theater. It was an absolutely spectacular tonight!! Thank you DSO!!!!!!! It seems to me there is no limit to where this band can go. It is hard to find words for what we witnessed tonight. I think this show will be considered legendary. I believe it was being recorded by Betty Cantor tonight, which will be a wonder to hear again.

• Forum MVP

Blue--I don't think you're allowed to change your list in an edit after seeing mine--but I could wrong. The only reason I wrote a list after yours was because we had different songs and orders, otherwise I would have let it be.

And who's to say your original one wasn't right?

I don't think anyone cares that much. It's the spirit of the thing that matters and you held true to that spirit by going from memory.

That's what counts!

Blue--I don't think you're allowed to change your list in an edit after seeing mine--but I could wrong. The only reason I wrote a list after yours was because we had different songs and orders, otherwise I would have let it be.

I don't think anyone cares that much. It's the spirit of the thing that matters and you held true to that spirit by going from memory.

That's what counts!

what is wrong with you?

I'm too exhausted to go into great detail with my perceptions of this show. However, I felt like I needed to write down SOMETHING when I got home. I have been to roughly 150 Grateful Dead shows starting in 1973 when I was draged kicking and screaming to Winterland from my freshman dorm in Berkeley in the middle of the week by Deadhead friends. This started a love affair with GD music that has persisted to this day. I've now been to roughly 15 DSO shows, which has filled a big void since Jerry died. I have to state honestly here that tonights' show--especially the second set, was completely off the chart!!! It is kind of shocking for me to say this, but I honestly can't say I've been to a finer concert in all these many years. This show was every bit the equal of the best performances of the GD that I've had the privilege to see in legendary venues such as Winterland and the Greek Theater. It was an absolutely spectacular tonight!! Thank you DSO!!!!!!! It seems to me there is no limit to where this band can go. It is hard to find words for what we witnessed tonight. I think this show will be considered legendary. I believe it was being recorded by Betty Cantor tonight, which will be a wonder to hear again.

Thanks for the glowing review of the show!

It's sweet to hear a review from a starhead with many legendary GD shows under his belt!

Hoping to hear the Betty Board soon-brings back memories of the waiting for Bettys thru the mail in the pre-computer days!

Peace,

Rob

Guest deadheadmike

Phil , Bob ??? anyone spot them , maybe at the local am pm ??? :rofl:

tonights the night ;)

Looks like a GRATE show !!!

I really wish I could have made THIS trip ... I cant wait till friday ...

• Forum MVP

great to hear how positively good the show was! Man, I do hope a nice Betty SB will become available. Both set openers work for me big time! Love Hell In A Bucket and Hey Pocky Way! Great looking setlist. I can't wait to hear it!

I know we tend to say this a lot but this show may have been my favorite DSO show to date. If not my favorite, right up there at the top of the list.

Show was smoking top to bottom. Two souls was great (again) and the Comes a time is why I go see this band. Thanks so much DSO for a really great night.

• Forum MVP

Agree with dstone on the list. Black Throated was after Next Time You See Me.

Foolish Heart was on fire. Comes A time out of space was a true pleasure. I thought for sure they'd due SSDD to close the set, but Lovelight was a nice surprise.

And after missing Friday's show, I thought for sure I was out of luck for the elective....very happy to be wrong on that count. When they went into Hell with Lisa's mic stand on stage it seemed that we could be in store for nothing but an original, and what a well crafted one it was!

• Forum MVP

That's what counts!

I have to say, even though Aaron is being very cool about this, that it does not escape me that this post of mine is EASILY the silliest and dumbest one ever made on this site. It was written in fun, laughing at the fact that I wrote out the set list after someone else had written out a first draft of a set list while not wanting to delete the hard work I had put my brain through in trying to recall that night's show--it even sounds silly trying to rationalize it now.

If there is ever a hall of fame of stupid posts that Taper Ron comprises, I do realize that this one will be at the top of the list.

Guest deadheadmike
If there is ever a hall of fame of stupid posts that Taper Ron comprises, I do realize that his one will be at the top of the list.

Dave , I believe that I would have quite a few in the hall of fame myself ... I would most likely be the first nominee ... fuck it ... the people might know , but the people don' care ... post on !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely agree, second set was brilliant, excellent, wunderbar to say something in German. They took me in rocket number nine. Then I was off the planet and circulated around the Jupiter. Space was my place!

Thank you DSO for that outstanding show!!!

Peace

Walther

Archived