Morning Dew

Truckin' ->

Nobody's Fault But Mine ->

Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad ->

One More Saturday Night

Encore

Uncle John's Band

Filler: Don't Ease Me In

Cool little venue, grate jams.. Wharf Rat smoked!!!!!

What a great looking setlist, especially that 2nd set!

Hope everyone had a great time.

very nice show....11/21/73 Denver Coliseum

Me And My Uncle

Sugaree

Jack Straw

Big Railroad Blues

Mexicali Blues

They Love Each Other

Looks Like Rain

Here Comes Sunshine

Big River

Brokedown Palace

WRS Prelude

WRS Part 1

Let It Grow

Mississippi Half-Step

Playin' in the Band>

El Paso>

Playin' in the Band>

Wharf Rat>

Playin' in the Band>

Morning Dew>

Truckin'

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad

One More Saturday Night

Uncle John's Band

Cool little venue, grate jams.. Wharf Rat smoked!!!!!

I hate those short first sets and how they're over just as you're getting warmed up...

This show was fantastic! Sold out Tuesday in good ole Sonoma County...The Mystic is a great venue...even on crutches! Second set was ridiculous!!

Peace and safe travels to all heading south!

Jon

• Forum MVP

I love this place....the show started very mellow; about as low energy a Sugaree as is possible. Things picked up with Jack Straw, leading a a long, varied, classic '73 era 1st set. Highlights for me were Black Throated Wind and Let It Grow. I will say it's pushing the cowboy theme to get Uncle, Mexicali, and Big River at half hour intervals of a long set.

Second set, as the list implies, was spectacular. Particularly strong songs include Wharf Rat, Dew, and all the beautiful little jamming bits that connected the dots.

BTW, "filler" was Don't Ease.

• Forum MVP

You know, it just struck me that this set list is not quite accurate vis a vis what DSO played in last night's 1st set. I looked in my Base and on line, and sure enough, there is no indication that this show included "Black Throated Wind; Dire Wolf" between Big RR Blues and Mexicali. So I'm thinking, "did DSO just put those songs in because they wanted to play them?" Then I cued up a board tape of the show, and low and behold - BT Wind and Dire Wolf are there.

So kudos to the band for their tireless pursuit of perfection! I'm pretty surprised that current DeadBase data doesn't accurately reflect fall '73 shows down to the song!

You know, it just struck me that this set list is not quite accurate vis a vis what DSO played in last night's 1st set. I looked in my Base and on line, and sure enough, there is no indication that this show included "Black Throated Wind; Dire Wolf" between Big RR Blues and Mexicali. So I'm thinking, "did DSO just put those songs in because they wanted to play them?" Then I cued up a board tape of the show, and low and behold - BT Wind and Dire Wolf are there.

So kudos to the band for their tireless pursuit of perfection! I'm pretty surprised that current DeadBase data doesn't accurately reflect fall '73 shows down to the song!

Thank you for pointing that out and you are right! Maybe Dead Phish24 can edit the list.

I really enjoyed the vibe at this show. The scene was much mellower than the Fillmore, but it was hot as *!%# in the venue. Nice to have in and out privileges to get some air during the break! This is my hometown and I LOVE it when DSO plays the Mystic!!! I had even more family and friends around than usual, which was a blessing but also a bit of a distraction.

My highlights were the first set Brokedown Palace, WRS>LIG, the cookin' Morning Dew, and Nobody's Fault But Mine.

Another great show! These guys are so much more consistent than the Grateful Dead were! :lol:

• Forum MVP
This show was fantastic! Sold out Tuesday in good ole Sonoma County...The Mystic is a great venue...even on crutches! Second set was ridiculous!!

Peace and safe travels to all heading south!

Jon

Glad to hear of the SRO crowd (was going to say "sell out" but that didn't sound quite right). And I too love the classic Mystic. Sorry I had to miss this one - like the GAMH, these are on school nights, damn it!

Jon, how did I miss you at the Fillmore? And I'm bummed you won't be going SoCal way...

Glad to hear of the SRO crowd (was going to say "sell out" but that didn't sound quite right). And I too love the classic Mystic. Sorry I had to miss this one - like the GAMH, these are on school nights, damn it!

Jon, how did I miss you at the Fillmore? And I'm bummed you won't be going SoCal way...

Chuck,

We have to catch up soon...I was only at the Fillmore friday so that's why we missed each other...there was a bit of a late Friday night meltdown...a story best shared over a tasty beverage! Safe travels...BTW I swapped out my cast for a boot at the docs today...yesss! the road to recovery is winding down....Safe travels....J

Thank you for pointing that out and you are right! Maybe Dead Phish24 can edit the list.

I really enjoyed the vibe at this show. The scene was much mellower than the Fillmore, but it was hot as *!%# in the venue. Nice to have in and out privileges to get some air during the break! This is my hometown and I LOVE it when DSO plays the Mystic!!! I had even more family and friends around than usual, which was a blessing but also a bit of a distraction.

My highlights were the first set Brokedown Palace, WRS>LIG, the cookin' Morning Dew, and Nobody's Fault But Mine.

Another great show! These guys are so much more consistent than the Grateful Dead were! :lol:

Yes, ..I just did the edit. And John A was right, BTW and Dire Wolf were in the set. I did a copy and past from another site for the setlist, and it was not accurate.

(I won't mention the site, they are good people, they don't need the flack..lol)

When in doubt, go to Archive. ...My apologize to the typo, but were all good now... And it was a great show. ....11/20/73, the night before, was a similar set list , check it out.

• Forum MVP

For me, the magic started before the Payin RIP. The Wrat was sung beautifully and was nice even without the big solo but the jam out of the Wrat into the Playin Reprise was where this show was at. It had an incredible, frantic energy--it started from a quiet, relaxed place and moved into some truly bizarre, chaotic and scary territory. It was Tiger-like and the effect from there on out was pretty powerful. The Dew was a monster and a Townshend like semi-windmill bomb by Kevin at the end of an inspired GDTRFB completed the journey.

• Forum MVP
I'm still somewhat shocked that DeadBase isn't complete on '73 set lists.

A lot was missing from the circulating tapes of this show, such as the Playin>El Paso>Playin, and since the GD are not a living and breathing money making touring behemoth anymore, it seems deadbase doesn't quite have the incentive to fix their errors.

but the jam out of the Wrat into the Playin Reprise was where this show was at.

I don't think I have ever been so impressed by Eaton. Had to stop dancing and stare.

Absolutely inspired exploration of the musical landscape!

Eaton has raised the bar on this tour. Game on!

I am so glad I got talked into going to the show

best show of the 5 I have seen so far

3 more to go

-e

• Forum MVP
A lot was missing from the circulating tapes of this show, such as the Playin>El Paso>Playin, and since the GD are not a living and breathing money making touring behemoth anymore, it seems deadbase doesn't quite have the incentive to fix their errors.

Agreed. Seems there would be incentive to put out another "final edition" though. Who knows how much could be updated with all the new things to have come from the vault in the past 10 or so years? I am saddled with DeadBase IX, and would love a copy that included the stats portion of GarciaBase, which I think existed for the first time in XI.

I've actually trolled around online a bit looking for how the market is doing for XI, and there's one available through Amazon for....wait.....$959. WTF?!?!?

For me, the magic started before the Payin RIP. The Wrat was sung beautifully and was nice even without the big solo but the jam out of the Wrat into the Playin Reprise was where this show was at. It had an incredible, frantic energy--it started from a quiet, relaxed place and moved into some truly bizarre, chaotic and scary territory. It was Tiger-like and the effect from there on out was pretty powerful. The Dew was a monster and a Townshend like semi-windmill bomb by Kevin at the end of an inspired GDTRFB completed the journey.

I dig them Kevin Bombs.. Always loosens up any stuck ear wax.. :blink:

Good chattin' with you after the show David

-john

• Forum MVP
Agreed. Seems there would be incentive to put out another "final edition" though.

Not sure what the incentive would be and by incentive I am referring to money of course. Not sure the demand is there for this kind ofstuff anymore John. btw... purchased deadbase X a Long time ago because it does have GarciaBase in it. That's the only one you need of the ones out there--warts and all. I just dug it out of the garage to check theirtake on the 11/21/73 show!

• Forum MVP

By "GarciaBase" in X, do you mean just the setlists, or the statistical analysis? My IX has GarciaBase in the set list only format.

My understanding is that it was only in XI that the Garcia section got the full enhanced treatment, with features such as "every time played". A geek like me needs to be able to quickly reference whether or not the Love In The Afternoon I caught at the Warfield in the nineties was truly a one time bust out. (For the record, I believe it was the only one after it was retired years earlier.)

Anyway, with a lone copy of XI online with a $959 asking price, there must be a market!

• Forum MVP
A geek like me needs to be able to quickly reference whether or not the Love In The Afternoon I caught at the Warfield in the nineties was truly a one time bust out. (For the record, I believe it was the only one after it was retired years earlier.)

if you dont have statistical analysis GarciaBase then you should know about thejerrysite.com

you're right, warfield 91 LITA was final performance, last prior was the lunt-funtane 87 shows

• Forum MVP
if you dont have statistical analysis GarciaBase then you should know about thejerrysite.com

you're right, warfield 91 LITA was final performance, last prior was the lunt-funtane 87 shows

Thanks, HelpSlip. I need DeadBase XI, which is a sad truth, since the market is currently WAY overinflated.

The funny thing about that LITA is that I was in a Will Call nightmare with my girlfriend (now wife!) for over a half hour (and at the time I NEVER did Will Call, don't recall why I had to for that show) and missed the 1st song or two. The first song we saw while settled in was LITA. Felt like it was made to be!

• Forum MVP
purchased deadbase X a Long time ago because it does have GarciaBase in it. That's the only one you need of the ones out there--warts and all. I just dug it out of the garage to check theirtake on the 11/21/73 show!

david, are you sure you're talking about a X? pretty sure XI (db11covermed.jpg) is what has GarciaBase & WeirBase in it. we have a hard-cover X 225881b0c8a0a8717e4e8110.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg and there's no Garcia at all, but it has extra info/pics/history on the year of '95, Deadbase '95 http://www.deadbase.com/books/dbx.html.. it is incorrect about 11.21.73, as all deadbase's are, i believe

if you own a Deadbase XI, you own a very serious piece of history, and a very valuable one at that http://www.deadbase.com/books/dbxi.html

Archived