Princeton

just a dream

Guest crazy digits

This show was my favorite of the tour! The Other One > Eyes was SICK!!! Possibly the best Eyes I have EVER seen DSO do...Matson is GOOD! I saw DSO do World to Give tonight which is very rare..I absolutely LOVE that song...Thanks DSO and a BIG welcome Jeff...You did not disappoint as I look forward to seeing you again and again with DSO..Peace and safe travels!!

No worries .....Train kept a rollin'!!! The Other One knocked my socks off and the EYES was just off the hook sick!

I found those both to be the highlights also!

Mattson Rocks

8/30/78 (Red Rocks)

Set 1

Promised Land

Sugaree

Mexicali Blues

Mama Tried

Stagger Lee

Looks like Rain

Deal

Set 2

Miracle

B.E. Women

Estimated>

Other One>

Eyes>

Drums>

Space>

If I had the WWorld to Give>

Aiko

Round & Round

Encore: US Blues

Filler: On the Road Again

Very impressive Show

:dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

I found those both to be the highlights also!

Mattson Rocks

8/30/78 (Red Rocks)

Set 1

Promised Land

Sugaree

Mexicali Blues

Mama Tried

Stagger Lee

Looks like Rain

Deal

Set 2

Miracle

B.E. Women

Estimated>

Other One>

Eyes>

Drums>

Space>

If I had the WWorld to Give>

Aiko

Round & Round

Encore: US Blues

Filler: On the Road Again

Very impressive Show

Peace,

Rob

Good news indeed......we all knew DSO would knock it outta the park tonight......BRAVO

Guest rowjimmy

I was really very impressed by tonights show. I expected to hear good music but the level that DS0 delivered was surprising.

Mattson looked comfortable halfway through the first set and never looked back. His jams were fluid and full of energy. Everyone on stage looked like they were having fun.

Seemless transition in my opinion. A serious group of professional, talented musicians.

Peace

• Forum MVP
Everyone on stage looked like they were having fun.

Seemless transition in my opinion. A serious group of professional, talented musicians.

I knew it would be a smooth transition! Bravo DSO - the professionalism of band and crew are unstoppable!

w..e..l..c..o..m..e.. J..E..F..F..!

The Music Never Stops!

• Forum MVP

Being the show started at about 7:10 it would have ended about 10:30 but there were songs played to a more jammed out space ,we got a 17 minute sugaree ,& the other one eyes was freakin mind boggling!!!! It ended at 10 to 11 then a 1 song filler .the eyes was simply amazing . The brown eyed in the second set rocked big time .Dino was from grinning ear to ear after that realizing I would think that it F%^&C&Kin rocked!!! It makes me want to go to friday & saturday.

Being the show started at about 7:10 it would have ended about 10:30 but there were songs played to a more jammed out space ,we got a 17 minute sugaree ,& the other one eyes was freakin mind boggling!!!! It ended at 10 to 11 then a 1 song filler .the eyes was simply amazing . The brown eyed in the second set rocked big time .Dino was from grinning ear to ear after that realizing I would think that it F%^&C&Kin rocked!!! It makes me want to go to friday & saturday.

Mattson absolutely rocked last night... I was consistently amazed as how much he was smokin throughout the whole show. Especially the 2nd set. Eyes, as has been said was ridiculous... that World To Give came out of nowhere and was sublimely beautiful.

I've been a Mattson fan for a while now, and had some very high expectations, because I know what he is capable of, and they did not disappoint in the slightest. DSO ROCKS!

I ditto everything said on show # 1741.

It just absolutely smoked!!

And with all the DSO shows I've accumulated under my belt these past years,

(and I try to rarely if ever make statements like this, but ...)

I felt Eaton just had an all-star career highlight of a night, as did the whole entire band.

Eaton was a man on fire, just ripping the music out from his soul. It was mind-blowing stuff and it set the stage for Mattson's brilliant guitar stuff.

(btw, at the pinnacle of several of the jams, Mattson ripped these crazy - ill just say 'nasty groovey mean jerry ripper' chords, and brought the place down, again and again.

And Barraco - well, everything just seemed to hit home. It was that weird majestic feeling, that as strange as it all is, somehow it just makes sense.

And I always love the balance and harmony that Lisa provides. It's killer stuff@!!

:dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks:

(and btw - this was a show where a good half the audience came to sit relaxed in their 'theater seats' /im guessing the upper crust princeton crowd/ and fall asleep or whatnot. Well, you can't win'em all, but the majority of those folks were eventually forced out of their seats. "What a crazy sound" :cheers: .

So lets go Friday and Saturday. I'm up for it and would actually not want to miss it. What incredible energy everyone had last night. I know Saturn has something to do with all of this. You can't quantify it, it is what it is, and it needs to be, for this I am grateful. One very happy prankster.

Namaste Kris

Guest Lisacat

Welcome Jeff!!! I could not be happier for the band right now....I think things are really going to be great. Last night was just incredible. So happy to see the whole band smiling ear to ear. Wish I could make it to shows this weekend, but I'll be in San Antonio for work. Really looking forward to seeing where the electives go with Jeff now on-board. I've always thought he does JGB tunes extremely well so hoping we get a little more of that worked into the repetoire and perhaps they'd go out on a limb and even play one of my favorite tunes he does which is his own called Shine your light. Love that tune.

Thank you DSO. Love you all.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Any Red Rocks is a treat especially those wild 78 shows! Now how about getting back to the heart of the matter with a blazing 1985 Chula Vista!

The band sounded phenomenal! It was so much fun ...and may I just add that at the beginning of The Other One when Kevin does what he does I freakin love it! I was really happy with Jeff, but I have to say after so many shows, I definitely miss John, as well. Another grate night! Thank you, again. See you at the Peak!

Archived