Estimated Prophet

Drums

I Need A Miracle

Wheel, Gimme Some Lovin'

Morning Dew

Love Light

Filler, with sweet Lisa

Ripple

Second set was phenomenal especially Fire, Ship of Fools and Dew. Left sad but totally satisfied.

(Only thing missing were those adorable dancing interpreters for the hearing impaired from Friday.)

Dr. P.

• Forum MVP

I could give a very long review but just going to say it was amazing. Right on the rail.. music was transcendental from Scarlet Begonias>Fire on. There was a "we want lisa chant" right before Ripple, Rob B joined in. Perfect way to end a beautiful night of Dark Star Orchestra. The show was healing!

• Forum MVP
Greek Theatre, Berkeley 7/15/88

Set 1

Shakedown

Walkin' Blues

Friend Of The Devil

Queen Jane Approximately

Dire Wolf

Good Time Blues

Cassidy

Bertha

Set 2

Scarlet->Fire

Women Are Smarter

Ship of Fools

Estimated Prophet

Drums

I Need A Miracle

Wheel, Gimme Some Lovin'

Morning Dew

Love Light

Filler, with sweet Lisa

Ripple

Second set was phenomenal especially Fire, Ship of Fools and Dew. Left sad but totally satisfied.

(Only thing missing were those adorable dancing interpreters for the hearing impaired from Friday.)

Dr. P.

sweet! Long live DSO!

:dsorocks:

This show was so great too many moments to write down but I will try. I just reviewed the first set list and would have to say every single one of those songs was fantastic I can't think what stood out. I reviewed again and still can't single out any one tune, all great, all played well.

Second set reviewed and still at a loss to discuss highlights. What 's not to love in this set list and the band played them perfectly for my taste. Rock-N-Roll is what I live for DSO allows me to live completely.

The dancing space down front was sometimes a challenge but we did manage to kick up a bit of dust. Thank you to all my friends who helped to keep the circle open.

You know what was spectacular these last two nights that we rarely speak about.......The light show was beautiful. At one point the colors that blended together created a mystical effect. There were purple lights surrounded by gold edges that made me think of Queens and Kings, royality right here in NYC.

OK Gimmie Some Lovin was allot of fun, Stephen and me were dancing and the sychronicity was right on. Love that song. Seems like the NOKIA brings out the Dew. I have been to every DSO show at this venue and I believe this was the fourth Dew I have seen there. No Dew last year but previous years hold much Dew history.

Dinner before the show was great. A sushi restaurant right around the corner Haru. Had a wonderful meal with Brian, John and Stephen. Will keep it in mind for next year. Love NYC, best food in the world.

Second set was phenomenal especially Fire, Ship of Fools and Dew.

Probably shouldn't even have mentioned my personal highlights, as they detract from what was most beautiful about the night: its consistency. The combination of energy, innovation and quality that together brought the performance up to an even higher level.

Best hopes and wishes on the paths all will follow.

Dr. P

Guest deadheadmike

I'm calling this show "EPIC" ... it had everything , and I mean everything !!! Thank You to DSO for sending me off in style with such a BLAZING HOT show last night , as this will most likely be my last DSO show till summer tour , my wife and home require my un-divided attention for the next few months ...

Thank You to JK for the past 2 years of wonderful lead guitar and so sweet vocals with the band that instantly became my very FAVORITE band at my first show on 12/30/2007 , I only wish I had gotten on the bus sooner ... I wish you the very best with Furthur and ask only that you stay true to your craft and to yourself ... don't allow your talent to be diminished by the allure of fortune and be ruined by the pressures of fame , they have robbed the world of too many GRATE musicians ...

• Forum MVP
I only wish I had gotten on the bus sooner ...

Just talked to a friend from the East coast that has gotten into DSO in the last couple years and he reports last night's second set to be the best one he's heard in a long, long time.

7/15 is a monster to a lot of us who cherish that summer of 1988--glad they did it justice.

Brilliant!! A truly amazing show! Fun Shakedown opener, gorgeous eloquent jams in Cassidy, and the whole second set absolutely transcendent, a continuously sustained synergy among the band channeling and flowing on cosmic winds winding into elegant transitions, super high Fire reaching spiritual heights, sweetest Ship of Fools and deeply funky Estimated, an otherworldly segment of sublime ethereal instrumentals gathering and swirling and building and weaving profoundly into a heavenly crescendo, a wholly joyful tight-turning Wheel, soul-grabbing bluesy wail into Miracle, and the

was EPIC, one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful I've ever heard, the entire show beautiful healing blissful...

My first Dark Star experience was two years ago this show, so it felt like a new year's eve to me, bittersweetly commemorating my first show with my last show with JK, reflecting on the blessings of so much awe-inspiring mind-bending soul-nourishing music this band has gifted me with between then and now, all the wonderful friends I've made along the way, looking ahead to the new manifestations, an ending and a beginning....

Love to you all!

• Forum MVP

Due to traveling complications and traffic I missed the Shakedown opener and am still kicking my self in the head. It's all good though, i'd be a lot more pissed if i had never heard a shakedown before. Walkin blues was standard. Friend of the devil was sweet with a nice contribution from everyone. I love queen jane. Dire wolf is always a good ole tune. Rob B hit the Good Time Blues vocals right on on the head. That Cassidy was on of the most intricate and deep versions i've ever heard. Definitely my favorite of the first set, absolutely smokin. And of course Bertha... always a classy tune and everyone sounded strong enough to end on it although i could have gone more song... maybe coming in one song late threw me off but the first set seemed little short time-wise.

The second set, as mentioned before, was absolutely phenomenal. a 20-mintue Scarlet>Fire is always a nice way to start a set. Women are smarter was exploding with energy at the end and had a nice swing to it. Ship of fools has always been of my favorite Jerry songs and it was so sweet to finally hear it live, went above and beyond my expectations. Estimated Prophet was surely funky. Drums and Space was a lot more concise this time, definitely enjoyed it more this night. I need a miracle and Gimme some lovin we're both rockin. The wheel was magical with some classic Jerry-esque soloing from JK. Morning Dew was busting at the seams as everyone in the building came together and climaxed at the same time. Absolutely blissful way to end the set.

Lovelight was hot (for the time) and no one missed a beat. Ripple was the perfect song to end on for bringing Lisa out.

This show was easily at least a 9 out of 10, maybe 9.5.

Thanks to the band for two Grate nights and a real good time. Cant wait to do it again and you guys never disappoint. Keep doing what you do. JK, it's been a great run and am quite anxious to see you playing with Bobby and Phil in NYC and Asbury.

Guest eyesofvermont

The Dew alone was worth the price of admission. But it was at the end of an abso-freaking-lutely KILLER show. Much better than Night 1, IMHO. I like an original show for the ability of the band to play different eras/their own style in the span of one song (good example is the Night 1 Row Jimmy) and of course getting to see stuff from all kinds of eras (e.g. Two Souls and So Many Roads), but there's something about an actual GD setlist that's just so much fun. God I can't wait to hear that Dew again... gonna miss JK when he's gone. Now let's see him play like that with FURTHUR!

• Forum MVP
My first Dark Star experience was two years ago this show, so it felt like a new year's eve to me, bittersweetly commemorating my first show with my last show with JK,

That means that you are not going to attend the Buffalo show even though you are in the East coast?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wrap my head around that one.

I think you should reconsider.

loved both nights , I have enjoyed every original set list I have witnessed to date ... the energy saturday night was amazing , from the very begining it never waivered...another one of those nights I can't help but to count myself lucky to have been able to be a part of..

always nice to see all the familiar faces :)

very bummed Buffalo is not in the cards for us , although quite a bit of time has been spent working on the logistics and rationalization ...for those of you lucky enough to be going ..ENJOY!

now all we need to do is figure a way to have thanksgiving monday be a recognized holiday as well because somehow work has arrived a bit more quickly than imagined!

Both nights were great, but Saturday night's performance was arguably the best show I've seen or heard out of DSO. Certainly in my top 3. I was alone for the night so I made my way onto the floor before the opener. I was about 20 feet out, dead center and the sound was amazing. I knew from the opening notes of Shakedown that we were in for something special. The floor went nuts and that energy didn't die until the final notes of Ripple. Everyone was dancing and singing along. The buzz even flooded out into the bar area during the intermission. Everyone was smiling and talking about the set, trying desperately to pinpoint the year. I love those late Brent days and Rob Barraco is the reincarnation of Mydland. He sounds so much like Brent it's eerie. If you were at the show check out the original Dead performance on archive and listen to the Good Time Blues. He's a dead-ringer and his keyboard playing is so exceptional. First set highlights for me were the 15-minute Shakedown opener, FOTD played with incredible soul, Cassidy, of which I doubt you will find a better version, and the Bertha closer, which just pumped everyone up for what would come next. The second set was out of this world. Every song was amazingly tight and lively. Ship of Fools was a monster and I agree with others regarding the Morning Dew. It blew everyone I was near away. I hope a download of this show surfaces at some point. I know it was recorded and pray that the energy of the band and the crowd is captured as it poured out. I really want my buddies who weren't there to hear it. They missed a mega-show in my opinion. I requested it over in the Vault as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants a copy. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

• Forum MVP
... gonna miss JK when he's gone. Now let's see him play like that with FURTHUR!

^^^ word! ^^^

...So happy that I am going to be at JK's last two shows in Rochester and Buffalo! Hope they burn the house down with jams!

Then less than a month after that I get to see Jeff with DSO on Jam Cruise for a couple shows!

Then catching Furthur in Buffalo a month after that!

THANK YOU DSO for everything you do! As always, best of luck to John K!

• Forum MVP

That Ship Of Fools was special, I was on the rail and could tell John was really inside that song. Also something notable, the transition between Scarlet Begonias and Fire On The Mountain was amazing, John was laying back on the lead line so much it felt so good! A vibe I have never felt before was felt in that Fire.

I brought two friends who are pretty new to DSO... after the show their mind seemed to be blown and one of them said how it's a shame something that special is going to be broken. I let him know of DSO having no signs of stopping and Furthur. This same friend also recently started playing guitar and was fixated on Eaton especially since we were right in front of him. Rob E, if you're reading this you've inspired an aspiring musician deeply..

That means that you are not going to attend the Buffalo show even though you are in the East coast? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wrap my head around that one. I think you should reconsider.

Oh Dstone, I wish I could!!

You were missed this weekend. Had a blast with Kelly and your bro!...

Guest eyesofvermont
I think I Was right next this person filming...

ending section of Morning Dew..

For whatever reason JK's guitar is pretty much inaudible in that clip, which sucks because it looks great and the rest of the band is firing. Odd, he was loud and clear and on top of the mix back in the seats. Maybe some weird function of the camera. Here's hoping for a great AUD or a crispy Eaton remaster.

Archived