Furthur Roll Call

mikebiz

Who's in? I'll be there both nights with my crew from Jersey, PA and Maryland. We are pumped for some serious jammin' and good times! See y'all there.

Saturday

Sunday

subcooler

Emily

found the sound

Both

mikebiz

4evergr8ful

BigDad (and 3 others - need 2 more tix for Saturday)

fishman

BlueDylan (needs tix for both nights)

August West

Bobbymcgee36 (needs tix for both nights)

rickE

I'll be at both! Whats the lot like there? Is there a main lot or lots of little lots?

I'm not sure what the "lot" scene will be like. There are a bunch of small lots around if I recall correctly. There has been a major "revitalization" going on in town for a few years, so I'm not sure if new lots have been built or old ones taken over by new buildings. I'm curious to see what's been done. That said, I think much of the activity will take place along the boardwalk. The venue is located right on the ocean. The last time I saw a show there we were lined up along the boardwalk to enter the hall. It's going to be in the low 30s - high 20s over the weekend here in NJ. Factor in any wind coming off the ocean and it will be arctic-like conditions. Dress appropriately folks.

If you aren't familiar with the venue here's the website:

http://apboardwalk.com/

• Forum MVP
I'll be at both! Whats the lot like there? Is there a main lot or lots of little lots?

The boardwalk is right there....as for the lots I don't think there will be much going on... as the weather is supposed to be in the 20's.The Wonder Bar.. across the street from the venue is a nice place to hang.I'll be at both nights with a bunch of peeps.With that said... I would be more excited if DSO were in town.Hopefully they'll loosen the reins on JK during this run.....we shall see.Also Splintered Sunlight after party at The Stone Pony Saturday.....11:30-3:00.2 blocks away from venue.Juggling Suns(Solar Circus)after party Sunday at the Wonder Bar.Safe travels.

if anyone has extras for either night please let me know. i'll be there either way but it would be nice to know that I have a ticket. thanks-

aaron

I am in the same boat as aaron, need tix to both nights, and ct too. ill be there looking for a ticket either way.

• Forum MVP
The boardwalk is right there....as for the lots I don't think there will be much going on... as the weather is supposed to be in the 20's.The Wonder Bar.. across the street from the venue is a nice place to hang.I'll be at both nights with a bunch of peeps.With that said... I would be more excited if DSO were in town.Hopefully they'll loosen the reins on JK during this run.....we shall see.Also Splintered Sunlight after party at The Stone Pony Saturday.....11:30-3:00.2 blocks away from venue.Juggling Suns(Solar Circus)after party Sunday at the Wonder Bar.Safe travels.

I can't stand the Stone Pony. I saw splintered sunlight there (not too shabby) but security there were a bunch of dicks. I have yet to turn 21 and i still don't drink but this is a foreign concept to the staff at the pony. I was just dancing and some security head nabbed me and said i either had to leave the show because i wasn't 21 (even though the flyer said all ages) or i could sit in the dark corner and watch from there. Tried rationally explaining my situation and they weren't having any of it. Who goes to a Dead show and sits in the corner the entire time, its insanity. In the end, i told them all to piss off and give me my money back. Boycotting them until i turn 21 (in september).

edit: not to mention, i watch three hours of opening bands and they never had a problem. But once the Dead music starts, i apparently couldn't be there anymore.

• Advisory Board
I can't stand the Stone Pony. I saw splintered sunlight there (not too shabby) but security there were a bunch of dicks. I have yet to turn 21 and i still don't drink but this is a foreign concept to the staff at the pony. I was just dancing and some security head nabbed me and said i either had to leave the show because i wasn't 21 (even though the flyer said all ages) or i could sit in the dark corner and watch from there. Tried rationally explaining my situation and they weren't having any of it. Who goes to a Dead show and sits in the corner the entire time, its insanity. In the end, i told them all to piss off and give me my money back. Boycotting them until i turn 21 (in september).

edit: not to mention, i watch three hours of opening bands and they never had a problem. But once the Dead music starts, i apparently couldn't be there anymore.

Sorry to hear about that.... fuck those pricks...

Who's in? I'll be there both nights with my crew from Jersey, PA and Maryland. We are pumped for some serious jammin' and good times! See y'all there.

Saturday

Sunday

subcooler

Emily

found the sound

gr8fulauditors (2)

Both

mikebiz

4evergr8ful

fishman

BlueDylan (needs tix for both nights)

August West

Bobbymcgee36 (needs tix for both nights)

rickE

gr8fulauditors(2)

Saturday

Sunday

subcooler

Both

mikebiz

4evergr8ful

I am soooooooo looking forward to this weekend and meeting up with folks.

FISHMAN IS OUT . EVERYONE SHOULD GO AND EXPECT LESS . KEEP IN MIND YOU ARE GOING TO A RATDOG OR PHIL SHOW ITS A REAL SHAME THE BUS STOPED FOR FISHMAN AND I GOT OFF. PEACE TO EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT TIME.SORRY ABOUT BEING SO NEGATIVE AND MY CAPS BUT IAM VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WHOLE THING

FISHMAN IS OUT . EVERYONE SHOULD GO AND EXPECT LESS . KEEP IN MIND YOU ARE GOING TO A RATDOG OR PHIL SHOW ITS A REAL SHAME THE BUS STOPED FOR FISHMAN AND I GOT OFF. PEACE TO EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT TIME.SORRY ABOUT BEING SO NEGATIVE AND MY CAPS BUT IAM VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WHOLE THING

Dude you need to relax in a major way. So you aren't happy with what you saw. And what you saw is a band that had played only 5 times prior to last night. We are all expecting big things out of FURTHUR, but just like we've discussed here with Mattson joining DSO, these things require time to mature. I'm happy that I get to see them in Asbury. Do I wish they would have 15-20 shows under their belts before hand? Absolutely, but that ain't gonna happen. Telling everyone to expect less is just silly and selfish. You can get off the bus whenever you want. For those of us still on it anxiously awaiting our turn to see the show in person deserve the chance to judge for ourselves. I can appreciate your disappointment. We've all been there when it comes to music. I once went to see CSN and it was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to and I wanted to see them for a long time. It's the nature of the live music beast. We can only hope for the best and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Dude you need to relax in a major way. So you aren't happy with what you saw. And what you saw is a band that had played only 5 times prior to last night. We are all expecting big things out of FURTHUR, but just like we've discussed here with Mattson joining DSO, these things require time to mature. I'm happy that I get to see them in Asbury. Do I wish they would have 15-20 shows under their belts before hand? Absolutely, but that ain't gonna happen. Telling everyone to expect less is just silly and selfish. You can get off the bus whenever you want. For those of us still on it anxiously awaiting our turn to see the show in person deserve the chance to judge for ourselves. I can appreciate your disappointment. We've all been there when it comes to music. I once went to see CSN and it was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to and I wanted to see them for a long time. It's the nature of the live music beast. We can only hope for the best and that's exactly what I'm doing.
Your right SORRY i wish nothing but the best for everyone and hope everyone has a blast in JERSEY and the rest of the tour just ranting and raving TUESDAY was very good the way things should be and wed. just hurt.FOR me . HAVE A BLAST IN MY BACK YARD GREAT SHOW AT THE STONE PONY AFTER THE FURTHUR SHOW.

Your right SORRY i wish nothing but the best for everyone and hope everyone has a blast in JERSEY and the rest of the tour just ranting and raving TUESDAY was very good the way things should be and wed. just hurt.FOR me . HAVE A BLAST IN MY BACK YARD GREAT SHOW AT THE STONE PONY AFTER THE FURTHUR SHOW.

Hey fish. Not looking for an apology in any way. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm bummed that you were bummed. :(

You should give this thing a little more time.We were in Oakland and I can tell you the third night was better than the second,which was better was better then the first.Like a fine wine.

Archived