11/12/10...

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

Like how Bob is playing for pigpen with Schoolgirl, (did Furthur play Lovelight yet?) and now Hard To Handle...

Hard To Handle

Ashes To Glass

Hurricane (John)

Welcome To The Dance>

Sugar Magnolia

Nobody Girl ((Ryan Adams song) John)

China Doll (John)

Birdsong> (Phil)

The Other One (many real bombs supposedly happened)

Terrapin Station (John)

this is from interpreting the Philzone nothing was really to clear..

• Forum MVP
Like how Bob is playing for pigpen with Schoolgirl, (did Furthur play Lovelight yet?) and now Hard To Handle...

Hard To Handle

Ashes To Glass

Hurricane (John)

Welcome To The Dance>

Sugar Magnolia

Nobody Girl ((Ryan Adams song) John)

China Doll (John) - Dang, love catching one of these live!!!! :icon14:

Birdsong> (Phil)

The Other One (many real bombs supposedly happened)

Terrapin Station (John)

this is from interpreting the Philzone nothing was really to clear..

• Forum MVP

Yes... the vocals seem like they aren't going to move around like they did on the last Dead tour... Phil will most likely always sing Birdsong... John will always sing China Doll...

read some more reviews and the...

China Doll>Bird Song>Other One>Terrapin Station was an apparent amazing sequence of Grateful Dead music... someone said it was the best Other One they saw live... ever.

Yes... the vocals seem like they aren't going to move around like they did on the last Dead tour... Phil will most likely always sing Birdsong... John will always sing China Doll...

China Doll>Bird Song>Other One>Terrapin Station was an apparent amazing sequence of Grateful Dead music... someone said it was the best Other One they saw live... ever.

It was a great end to a great run...Not following Ratdog at all I was digging Ashes and Glass and the end of Nobody Girl was shredding and yes Phil was dropping some bombs last night! I'd say the band is ready to roll...Mill Valley I will miss you! Great hanging with y'all...

I like how they are doing Ryan Adams songs, too. Can "Cuts Like a Knife" be too far behind?

That would be Bryan Adams...not Ryan Adams...

• Forum MVP

I thought that initially BW and JK shared Bird Song. Not Phil. Am I confused?

Regarding comments from the infamous "someones" regarding "best ever live"...well, more than a little qualifier is necessary to take such statements seriously. Nonetheless, that sure does look like a pretty powerful sequence.

• Forum MVP
That would be Bryan Adams...not Ryan Adams...

The Ryan Adams song last night was the highlight from me. I respect that guy as a songwriter but didn't know that one too well.

John just shredded the crap out of it.

He also sang it like he's been playing that song for 10 years.

• Forum MVP
I thought that initially BW and JK shared Bird Song. Not Phil. Am I confused?

Regarding comments from the infamous "someones" regarding "best ever live"...well, more than a little qualifier is necessary to take such statements seriously. Nonetheless, that sure does look like a pretty powerful sequence.

Phil took Birdsong when the East Coast tour started and hasn't given it back.

As for the last part, whoever said that was the best version of Other One they had ever seen, probably hasn't seen a lot of them--the one last night was a scorcher though.

Check out this one...

http://www.archive.org/details/gd89-08-19....3066.sbeok.shnf

Did Weir not sing the "Inspiration" section of Terrapin?

Weir did sing "Inspiration" and as a friend said, he nailed it this time!

Life will never be the same after this run in Mill Valley! I need some time to integrate this mind-blowing experience. So much crazy good music, many wonderful memories, friendships strengthened, rekindled, and made.

I am (still) on this bus and forever grateful!!! Thank you to all the forces that brought this together!

Had some time this morning to tally things and here's how it stands. 23 shows, 146 different songs plus a Foxy Lady jam. Quite amazing! Was lots of fun hanging out with everyone.

Furthur: The Second Coming of the Grateful Dead.

Here's the list to the best of my ability with the number of times played. Wish I could have done 2 columns. Oh well. Enjoy.

1. After Midnight

2. Alabama Getaway

Had some time this morning to tally things and here's how it stands. 23 shows, 146 different songs plus a Foxy Lady jam. Quite amazing! Was lots of fun hanging out with everyone.

Here's the list to the best of my ability with the number of times played. Wish I could have done 2 columns. Oh well. Enjoy.

1. After Midnight

2. Alabama Getaway

1. After Midnight...

Hi Brent,

You posted!!! Welcome to the club!!! Very cool to share that list! Are you starting FurthurBase?

xoxo,

Robin

Archived