Prayers And Vibes For Haitians

bs69

• Forum MVP

Most of the decent infrastructure in that poor country has been donated and built by missionaries. Now, they are perhaps in more need than they were before they got what they had. And for that need to come in middle of a global recession unlike any we've seen in our lifetimes. Say a prayer for them and ask God to help them stay resilient and faithful. Sometimes I feel guilty to have been so fortunate to have been born in America.

• Forum MVP

(((((((((( Vibes for the people of Haiti ))))))))))

nature is a very powerful and unforgiving force. the magnitude of the force of that earth quake is very unfortunate for those people.

thanks for posting this bs69. It really puts things into perspective once again, and really makes people think.

I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday the crazyness that proceeded days after the towers fell the way the whole US felt after what happened we were in schock, life sometimes really sucks and i wonder why sht like this happens only to realize that we as a human race really should enjoy each and every day and be very GRATEFUL for the things we have. We all worry about the stupid shit like who 's playing lead for DSO, or if the Furthur sub forum should be moved it's all small shit them poor people don't even know if there family is still alive .Please even if you don't pray just throw a little prayer up in the air for them poor people. PEACE DAVE

• Forum MVP

Much love and good vibes and wishes to those suffering and helping out during this horrific event.

There has been much banter on many web sites about the total distruction that the earthquake caused. Naturally, as on most typical news sites, there is a rediculous amount of negative posts about how the city crumbled because of the lack of solid buildings and infrastructure in Haiti. ignorant, ignorant people. Just a quick bit of info on just how brutal this quake truely was: The quake was centered 10 miles outside of Port-au-Prince (10 miles!!!!!!!) and was only 7 miles underground(though I have heard other reports of it being 9 miles underground). To put that into perspective: the '89 Loma Prieta quake in the Bay Area was 130 miles SE of San Francisco and 38 miles underground. The 2001 6.2 quake in Seattle was 50 miles from Seattle and alomost 60 miles underground. Had either of those two quakes been 10 miles from the city and only 7 miles underground, Seattle and San Francisco would be gone. No buildings are made to take that kind of hit. SF quake lasted for 22 seconds. Haiti's was over a minute. That quake would have distroyed ANY city if it was that close and that strong.

The fact that anything was left standing in Haiti is nothing short of a miracle. It is pretty safe to say (though I don't look at the ages of everyone who posts here) that this quake in Haiti is probably the most destructive quake to hit anywhere in any of our lifetimes. Mother Nature can sure get your attention when she wants to.

• Advisory Board

Prayers to those in Haiti... the poorest country in the western hemisphere gets shit apon... if my life were to be compaired to anything, it's now compaired to Haiti...

Poor bastards...

Wish I had the $$ to give, but I need $$ myself...

In addition to prayers, for those who can donate money here is a link to another reputable avenue, SEVA:

https://secure2.convio.net/seva/site/Donati...;autologin=true

and what they have to say:

"As news of the disastrous earthquake pours out of Haiti, our neighbor just an hour's flight south of Miami, it's difficult for us to truly grasp the level of suffering and destruction.

At Seva we are following the situation closely and we applaud the emergency relief organizations that are already on the ground striving to overcome the immense challenges to providing health care, food, water and other urgent life saving measures for a traumatized nation.

Haiti's crisis will not end when these most urgent needs are met, in fact restoring the country to some level of normalcy will take many months if not years.

Beyond the devastating loss of life, the earthquake has left hospitals and clinics, including those that provide eye care, in rubble. The few medical facilities still standing are overwhelmed and lack manpower, supplies and equipment.

Re-storing eye care in the short-term will require a coordinated infusion of supplies, equipment and volunteer manpower and will be critical for the Haitian people as they struggle to survive.

We want to do our part.

Seva and our VISION 2020 partners from around the globe have banded together to help. We are already gearing up to restore eye care services by developing the Haiti Emergency Eye Care Fund.

With your help, the Haiti Emergency Eye Care Fund will allow our VISION 2020 team and local Haitian eye care organizations to begin caring for those who have sustained eye injuries and to start the long process of re-building eye care services.

We hope you will give as generously as you are able."

Archived