Furthur: Charolette

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

haha, well.. it seems as though the Maggies Farm was played!.. a bit of confusion there, my bad.

here is the official list. I'm going to have to stop trying to post songs as they're happening.. looking forward to listening to this..

Set I:

Here Comes Sunshine>

Crazy Fingers>

Me And My Uncle

Maggie's Farm

Candyman

Minglewood Blues

Foolish Heart

Cosmic Charlie

Set II:

Lost Sailor>

Saint Of Circumstance

Doin' That Rag

Come Together>

Caution>

New Potato Caboose

Nobody Girl>

China Doll

• Forum MVP

No wayyyy! I thought in my head (and was gonna post) I smell a china doll. I knew it had to be a real sweet ballad.

Edit: now that i think of it, didn't they do a Nobody Girl> Chinal Doll at their rehearsal shows?

No wayyyy! I thought in my head (and was gonna post) I smell a china doll. I knew it had to be a real sweet ballad.

Edit: now that i think of it, didn't they do a Nobody Girl> Chinal Doll at their rehearsal shows?

Super sweeeeet!!!!!!cold rain and SNOW!!!! I have plenty of the SNOW part!!

Crazy Fingers

Candyman

and China Doll

When do we get Attics???

• Forum MVP

yes they did, it's such a good pairing.. here is a video of it...

Set I:

Here Comes Sunshine>

Crazy Fingers>

Me And My Uncle

Maggie's Farm

Candyman

Minglewood Blues

Foolish Heart

Cosmic Charlie

Set II:

Lost Sailor>

Saint Of Circumstance

Doin' That Rag

Come Together>

Caution>

New Potato Caboose

Nobody Girl>

China Doll>

Cold Rain & Snow

Donor Rap:

Bobby & Phil

Encore:

Box Of Rain

• Forum MVP

biggest venue John's ever played?

Show 694 - Sat, Aug 17, 2002 Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy, WI

Performing 8/17/2002 Original Setlist

Acoustic:Dire Wolf, Race Is On, Jack A Roe, Monkey and the Engineer, Cumberland*, Midnight Moonlight**, She Belongs To Me*, Cassidy

Electric:Stranger, Box Of Rain, Bertha***, Good Times***, Passenger, Uncle John> Drumz> Black Peter> Sugar Magnolia

Encore: Brokedown Palace Filler: None

Jamgrass Festival - *with David Johnston - **with Peter Rowan on guitar and vocals and David Johnston on banjo (John on Mandolin) - ***with Sam Bush on fiddle and Byron

House on bass

yes they did, it's such a good pairing.. here is a video of it...

Set I:

Here Comes Sunshine>

Crazy Fingers>

Me And My Uncle

Maggie's Farm

Candyman

Minglewood Blues

Foolish Heart

Cosmic Charlie

Set II:

Lost Sailor>

Saint Of Circumstance

Doin' That Rag

Come Together>

Caution>

New Potato Caboose

Nobody Girl>

China Doll>

Cold Rain & Snow

Donor Rap:

Bobby & Phil

Encore:

Box Of Rain

I had to go check the setlist for 1/12 again. The end of Nobody Girl on that Mill Valley video sounds exactly like Morning Dew!

Do they always play this identical ending for both songs?

so, originally i posted "tryn to ""see a little Furthur"" on craigslist and these kids in Iowa connected with me...they mail ordered the entire tour and were not going to most of the shows, so they sent me 2 tix each for Asheville, Charlotte, Hampton {thanks to gr8fl bruno, i got a 3rd tix for my boy}, and Fairfax...anyhow, we get there, and our seats are literally front row in front of JK...AND it turned out i had plenty {and i mean PLENTY} of room to dance down there thanks to the old, l'il black lady usher keepin' everyone outta there that did not have a ticket, yet not caring AT ALL if i was dancin'...so, for a little more room, we stacked the chairs down there on each other and my boy sttod on the stack of them dancin' the whole show!!!...un-friggen-believeable show !!! sunshine>crazy?!?!!!! funky ass minglewood...and FOOLISH, super tight and smokin'!!!...seems there are plenty of "where did that come from?" moments with this band...entire second set rocked...china doll, whoa-now....box encore...

couple other tidbits...

Bobby has this "skull, look into the depths of your soul, shaman stare" when you make eye contact with him...

The music was SO creating me having these crazy dances moves that i had no idea how i possibly pulled off, but at least 3 times, after doing so, i would look up, make eye contact with Phil, and he was totally laughin' and lit up....

Archived