• Forum MVP

THE DEW HAS ARRIVED.

this was from outerspace...

Morning Dew>

Other One>

China Cat Sunflower>

Standing On The Moon>

I Know You Rider

mid-set Morning Dew this picture is a good representation of what probably went down in Barton Hall...

509911.jpg

Set I:

Midnight Hour>

They Love Each Other

Beat It On Down The Line

Tennessee Jed

Peggy-O

Looks Like Rain

Sugaree

Good Lovin'

Set II:

Uncle John's Band>

Peaceful Valley

Ashes and Glass

Unbroken Chain

Morning Dew>

Other One>

China Cat Sunflower>

Standing on the Moon>

I Know You Rider

Encore:

Samson and Delilah

• Forum MVP

I'd say that lived up to the hype and that's a really, really hard thing to do--especially for anything GD.

The Dew is what made this show...like most of these shows, it was the John take on the Garcia/Hunter post space ballad that was the highlight. But this one, had a little different meaning, a little more significance than the others and everyone knows why.

The solo on the Rider as well as the Chain combined with the L L Rain, which was dripping and the Sugaree which was really good too makes this show a keeper in my book. Bob and Phil are completely energized and it feels like they are ready to take this country by storm.

Kind of like what we are seeing from DSO.

Some would say the tiny town of Ithaca has a certain bit of magic huh??.....Playing host to possibly the Grateful Deads most legendary show....and now...surely....Furthurs shining moment in the sun

That may be as good as it gets with this band...I'd love to be proven completely wrong...I guess SOTM wasn't on the setlist...That didn't work for me but it was a blip in an otherwise excellent show. Sugaree Unbroken, Ashes and Glass, Dew highlights for me...Love the ones you love...

• Forum MVP

just listened to the show...

The Dew was simply amazing...

The Samson encore is also worth noting. Great version, Grateful Dead tempo and powerful!..

Vincent,

May I ask your source for listening to this show? I'd like to check it out.

thanks, reid.

• Forum MVP

One of the fun things about my experience hearing this live beatiful matrix feed was introducing some people who didn't know each other with my texts before the show and at halftime..."that guy is probably right behind you, standing on a blanket...this guy is with two blonds one of the rail in front of John..."

I introduced 5 different people to one another via texts!

One of the fun things about my experience hearing this live beatiful matrix feed was introducing some people who didn't know each other with my texts before the show and at halftime..."that guy is probably right behind you, standing on a blanket...this guy is with two blonds one of the rail in front of John..."

David,

Thats pretty cool, being the link between friends via text!

I'm sure all had a grate time @ the show-Computer acting up(need a ext. hard drive before downloading any new shows here!) Can't wait to check the show out!

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

Yes, you did! Good piece of social networking, David!

As for that shot of the set list, it makes sense that Standing was a substitution, as the transition out of China Cat was frankly horrible. It was nice that they recovered with a great transition into Rider. Happy for the Samson substitution over a Weir led Brokedown though. A JK Brokedown, on the other hand, would have been the sweetest icing I can imagine.

I just wanted to add (and please keep in mind that I was riding Hoffman's bicycle at the time, so that colors my opinion) that I felt that this was SUCH a "Jerry show". I have a feeling that this night, more than some others in recent memory, Jerry was on the minds of those that were playin' in the band.

The following sequence, to me, really proves this point. Unbroken Chain --> Morning Dew --> Other One --> China Cat --> Standing on the moon --> Rider

From the lyrical implications of Unbroken Chain, to the obvious significance of the Dew, to a jammy Other one/China combo, and of course SOTM and Rider to close the set. Where "Standing" was played, the written setlist had originally called for "Hey Jude". I feel, however, that Bob was feeling the same strong Jerry vibe that a lot of us were feeling and so he changed it to "Standing".

John's impassioned vocals on "Dew", Bobby looking up to the heavens and shouting "I'd rather be with you!" as spotlights shown from the stage to/through the glass "Cornell University" windows, and on and on...

Tonight belonged to furthur and to the ghosts of Barton Hall. But perhaps just as much, it belonged to Jerry Garcia.

Archived