Gardening Season Is On

jawdoc

Out here in Oregon it's time to get those beds ready. I was going to go all organic this year but had a hard time finding info on how to clear weeds. I sprayed wih Roundup and plan on spot treating wih Crossbow for broadleaves. So far on the agenda is multiple varieties of cucumbers and squash. Carrots, radishes, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, 3 varieties of onions, corn, okra, several varieties of lettuce and pumpkins. that should keep me busy. Any one else planning a garden? If not I would encourage you to give it a try. I fed my famil of 6 for about 3 months out of the garden. :D

• Forum MVP

Way to go, man! We did quite a bit while I was growing up, although never to the near-subsistence level it looks like you achieved. That is really impressive! If I ever have a chance and sufficient room, I'd love to give the truck/Victory garden approach a try.

So, here's the traditional wish that it greatly yield for you!

• Forum MVP

Out here in Oregon it's time to get those beds ready. I was going to go all organic this year but had a hard time finding info on how to clear weeds. I sprayed wih Roundup and plan on spot treating wih Crossbow for broadleaves. So far on the agenda is multiple varieties of cucumbers and squash. Carrots, radishes, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, 3 varieties of onions, corn, okra, several varieties of lettuce and pumpkins. that should keep me busy. Any one else planning a garden? If not I would encourage you to give it a try. I fed my famil of 6 for about 3 months out of the garden. :D

What about the meat?

• Forum MVP

I've got a comfortable raised bed out back...spinich planted last fall is speading, transplants of brocciie, kale (just for potato soup), red leaf lettice, and leeks are being moved out in the morning and in at night...maybe I'll put them in the soil Saturday..depends upon the moon and mood. Latter comes the warm weather crops.

Deer ate my wife's crocuses (croci?). Damn Bambi!!

We're supposed to be getting 5-10" of snow this weekend. The only gardening I'm doing is inside!

But for all you organic growers, Roots Organics out of Eugene is the only way to grow truly 100% organic that I know of.

Archived