Baseball

bs69

• Forum MVP

Opening day is only days away and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate this year. Here are my picks for this year:

AL

East: Yanks

Central: Tigers

West: Mariners

Wild Card: Red Sox

NL

East: Phils

Central: Cards

West: Rockies

Wild Card: Reds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Ohhh don't be bitter. Red Sox franchise doesn't have anywhere near the amount of integrity, pride, and dignity as the Yankees. in fact, the Yankees are the greatest franchise in all of sports hands down.

I'll admit, I ain't a huge fan of Steinbrenner, but I was raised a Yankee fan and I'll die one. We still got some great yankee players and some great chemistry. I'm not going to out right hate on Georgey because he uses his money. The man knows what he wants and he aint afraid to shell out the big bucks. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

• Forum MVP

Ohhh don't be bitter. Red Sox franchise doesn't have anywhere near the amount of integrity, pride, and dignity as the Yankees. in fact, the Yankees are the greatest franchise in all of sports hands down.

I'll admit, I ain't a huge fan of Steinbrenner, but I was raised a Yankee fan and I'll die one. We still got some great yankee players and some great chemistry. I'm not going to out right hate on Georgey because he uses his money. The man knows what he wants and he aint afraid to shell out the big bucks. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Well, there is Manchester United, but they don't count here...cheers.gif

• Forum MVP

Integrity, Pride, and Dignity? You're joking right? :wacko:

How does any Deadhead root for a team that enforces a code against long hair and facial hair?

I like the music of the grateful dead I couldn't care less about hair and facial hair. I agree that it is a stupid regulation but I don't care they look pretty classy to me. Pinstripes not fade away.

• Forum MVP

Ahhh, get outta here hippie. Hair is not freedom. If you were getting paid millions of dollars to play the sport you love in one of the best cities in the world you'd cut your hair too. Your point is completely moot.

I'm sorry your World Series total isn't quite up to our standards yet. Kiss the ring.

Until they implement a salary cap; it is pretty easy for them to be the "best". Plus, MLB is like watching paint dry. College baseball is far superior. TTFN.

• Forum MVP

Ahhh, get outta here hippie. Hair is not freedom. If you were getting paid millions of dollars to play the sport you love in one of the best cities in the world you'd cut your hair too. Your point is completely moot.

I'm sorry your World Series total isn't quite up to our standards yet. Kiss the ring.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

• Forum MVP

Here's a quote from last year and it still applies.

I've said since ST that if the Yanks don't win the world series with the ridiculous amount of money they pay and with the players and line-up and pitching they've been able to get for that money, it will be one of the biggest sports embarrassments that city has ever faced.

I honestly don't think I could be a Yanks fan with how baseball is and what they have been allowed to do. I was just talking about it with someone from NY that couldn't be one anymore after they got A-Rod---he thought that was the final straw for him, and they hadn't even gotten Sabathia and Teixiera at that point.

Their line-up is absolutely ridiculous--it's just a joke.

The only thing I could talk smack about if I were a Yanks fan and had any self respect in terms of being a sports fan would go something like this...

"My team spends a hell of a lot more money than your team....so HA!"

I've got nothing against people like nwnj Steve who grew up in New York and who's not going to stop rooting for the Yanks just because the playing field is now not even, and I've even got nothing against people like Funkybass who grew up in SF, watched Reggie in '77 and chose to abandon the Giants and in lieu of the Yanks (it was a good choice).

I would just like to point out that the Yanks are the bad guys now and they always will be until baseball takes a stand and doesn't allow all the best players to be on one team because that's where the money is.

If I were a Yankee fan...I wouldn't really talk about it in public, but that's probably just me.

• Forum MVP

Here's a quote from last year and it still applies.

The only thing I could talk smack about if I were a Yanks fan and had any self respect in terms of being a sports fan would go something like this...

"My team spends a hell of a lot more money than your team....so HA!"

I've got nothing against people like nwnj Steve who grew up in New York and who's not going to stop rooting for the Yanks just because the playing field is now not even, and I've got nothing against people like Funkybass who grew up in SF, watched Reggie in '77 and chose to abandon the Giants and in lieu of the Yanks...

I just like to point out that the Yanks are the bad guys now and they always will be until baseball takes a stand and doesn't allow all the best players to be on one team because that's where the money is.

If I were a Yankee fan...I wouldn't really talk about it in public, but that's probably just me.

Thank You. If I was born in yankee-region I would seriously root for another team. They are the evil empire, of course they have the most rings!

Archived