Dso Re: Stu Allen

Stagger

They're doing the right thing IMHO and giving each a tour as an audition to see who fits better. Both are awesome so it'll be a win/win for all involved.

The writing on the wall around here... from what I can tell, is that this is not an audition...

It's been confirmed that Jeff will be playing 2 Festivals this Summer...

Guest Charlene

The writing on the wall around here... from what I can tell, is that this is not an audition...

True ... still, they are a working band and need a lead player for dates already booked. My bet is that we will know about whom ever gets the job, when they do. The idea of extended audition via touring is great ! If that can be worked out then it gives everyone a chance to settle in for a string of shows and figure out what works best. We sure are being given a treat in the form of wonderfully varied shows ;-)

NOTE to Rusty the Scoob: Your band Fennario is GREAT !!!! Keep it going !!! Come out to Iowa (ok, that is a long way for you to travel, but who knows ...)

JM will be playing with DSO through August or September per Eaton. DSO doesn't know who their lead will be. It is not a secret that DSO loves playing with JM. They are doing this the right way by giving Stu a chance to tour with them to see what he brings on and off stage. I am keeping an open mind and will not assume one way or another. I'm just loving what DSO gives me no matter who's playing lead.

True ... still, they are a working band and need a lead player for dates already booked. My bet is that we will know about whom ever gets the job, when they do. The idea of extended audition via touring is great ! If that can be worked out then it gives everyone a chance to settle in for a string of shows and figure out what works best. We sure are being given a treat in the form of wonderfully varied shows ;-)

NOTE to Rusty the Scoob: Your band Fennario is GREAT !!!! Keep it going !!! Come out to Iowa (ok, that is a long way for you to travel, but who knows ...)

Like the idea of the "Equal Opportunity" audition... East and West Coasts

Haven't seen/heard anything of Stu w/ DSO on the East Coast...

There has been confirmation of Jeff in the future (Summer)...

-Stagger

Thank you!!! :D I don't know that the band will ever be in Iowa but I'm a St. Paul export myself. My next great bass project is there currently, being restored and modified.

Guest Rob Eaton

OK Let me clear this up...... Firstly we had planned on giving both players an equal opportunity to show us what they can bring to DSO before making any decisions and we still will. In Jan we were told by Stu's manager that they needed to know our plans for the summer because JGB needed to respond to gig offers, Jeff's camp had similar questions. At that time (right to the present) we had no idea what DSO with Stu will be but we did have a good idea what we would be with Jeff. We made the decision to confirm Jeff because we had no other choice, not that it's a bad choice mind you. So please try not to read to much into it. everyone involved needed to have an idea well in advance about the summer months. Deciding on Jeff was simply the only choice we had at that moment. The fact that Stu will not be on any east coast dates has nothing to do with who will be our full time band mate.Hope this clears things up. Our hand was forced long ago and we did what was best for us at the time!

Rob Eaton

• Forum MVP

OK Let me clear this up...... Firstly we had planned on giving both players an equal opportunity to show us what they can bring to DSO before making any decisions and we still will. In Jan we were told by Stu's manager that they needed to know our plans for the summer because JGB needed to respond to gig offers, Jeff's camp had similar questions. At that time (right to the present) we had no idea what DSO with Stu will be but we did have a good idea what we would be with Jeff. We made the decision to confirm Jeff because we had no other choice, not that it's a bad choice mind you. So please try not to read to much into it. everyone involved needed to have an idea well in advance about the summer months. Deciding on Jeff was simply the only choice we had at that moment. The fact that Stu will not be on any east coast dates has nothing to do with who will be our full time band mate.Hope this clears things up. Our hand was forced long ago and we did what was best for us at the time!

Rob Eaton

Your hand was forced Rob? Well it "s always nice to have 2 aces in the hole .

• Advisory Board

Don't jump to conclusions... remember when Scott passed away, it was almost a year before Barraco took the perminant seat... they flip flopped between Rob and DanK for quite a number of tours before they settled on Rob...

Rob Eaton

Thanks Rob!

Look forward to this ongoing adventure we call life!!!

Don't jump to conclusions... remember when Scott passed away, it was almost a year before Barraco took the perminant seat... they flip flopped between Rob and DanK for quite a number of tours before they settled on Rob...

Good point Herd....

Guest deadheadmike

Stu playing the wolf...

Absolutely stunning guitar !!! I'd like to see Stu playing that guitar with DSO this month !!!

:dsorocks:

Archived