Galaxy Theatre

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

Set One: The Promised Land ; Sugaree ; Mexicali Blues ; Dire Wolf ; Black Throated Wind ; Candyman ; Jack Straw ; Big Railroad Blues ; Big River ; Here Comes Sunshine ; El Paso ; Ramble On Rose ; Playing In The Band

Set Two: Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo > Me And Bobby McGee ; Row Jimmy ; Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow ; He's Gone > Truckin' > Nobody's Fault But Mine > The Other One > Jam > Stella Blue > Around And Around

Encore: Casey Jones

Notes: Rob Koritz - drums

Great show, lots of family and smiles all around. If your looking for love, I can still tell you a good place to go find it. I will post a more adequate review for those in need at some point tomorrow, but let just start with this was much better than Boulder IMHO.

• Forum MVP

Very strong show!

First set was a little short, as you can see, but what do you expect from '73? Second set kicked out the jams. It was really good to see so much family and I danced for absent friends. And I have to say it was one of the best crowds I've seen in a long time. Very few talkers, almost everyone up and moving, and no alcohol-related incidents. One good night down and two to go.

Yup.... last night was just one of those nights.... so good to be around so many friends. As Chuck said, always thinking about those not in attendance too. :) Every song brings a memory of another.

Amazing dancing space!!! At first I thought oh they must not let beer on the floor... but they did, and still.... NO incidences! It just rocked!!!

Smiles

Agree with all, amazing show, great setlist and performance. The back and forth between Stu & Rob E. was really in sync and cooked on Big River...Here Comes Sunshine was powerful with some nice yellow lighting to accompany the chorus...yes VincePuelo, Sugaree was a good rendition, deliberate and mellow, it seems so far that Stu likes that mode as his Stella Blue was very slow and tastefully meloncholy (but in a good way) :~) Stu is real chill up there and likeable...he came out after the show and talked with the front of the stage folks, very cool~ One of the stand out hightlights for me was the Weather Report Suite>Let It Grow that really sounded tight and full and powerfull at it's peak...I had taken pictures throughout the night and decided before that song to try the video, I got a good segment until my damn media card flashed the message you don't want to see 3/4 of the way through, "Media Card Full"..uggg, but the partial video is real good and am uploading to YouTube as we type.

The venue was cool in that you had room to hang & dance and options on how to hang...floor in front of stage to dance and then a semi-circle of levels with what looks like box seating at a ball game or ampitheatre with tables in each and then an outer ring to hang and dance. The steps were funky with these purple light bands that tripped you out and messed with your perception of distance and made for careful navigating (sounds weird but you had to be there to expereince it) it was one of the quirky topics of conversation anyway. So, yes, two down, two to go in this four show SoCal run and it's almost time to get out of my hotel room and meet the crew for some pre-show grub, see Y'all there~

• Forum MVP

round two-- it's been said, great to see the crew assembling pre-show. First set, was choppy, a little slow to develop. (One of the issues with early 70's show, first set's are chopped full of songs but sometimes disjointed.) promise- sugaree is probably the best way to begin a show. Stu's voice is so good, sugaree was pristine but through two shows, it seems stu takes sometime to get rolling. Sugaree lyrically was fantastic. Black throated is my favorite bobby song by far so i was stoked for that. Playing, my least favorite bobby song, was done really well. Second set, 1/2 step, wow, amazing, row jimmy, so good, favorite song of the show was nobody's fault, just filthy, nasty, bluesy, fucking ripped it and then stella, whew, as mentioned his voice is almost too good.

I am a huge stu supporter, just feel like there is an opportunity for something fantastic, tip of the iceberg.....

calling a 77 ripper tonight>>>>

• Forum MVP

Very strong show!

First set was a little short, as you can see, but what do you expect from '73? Second set kicked out the jams. It was really good to see so much family and I danced for absent friends. And I have to say it was one of the best crowds I've seen in a long time. Very few talkers, almost everyone up and moving, and no alcohol-related incidents. One good night down and two to go.

Chuck, I'd have to say that typing this is just unnecessary burning of energy because it would be my belief that you do this EVERY show. You are the twirling man that makes everyone happy and the two shows in Charlotte where I enjoyed meeting you were absolute proof of that!! :D

Great reviews Eastcoastwest and NYSteve, thank you for helping us feel the vibe. Sounds like the Spring tour is exploding!! Great job Stu, we all know it's not an easy spot to fill and you are pleasing some VERY critical ears. Keep up the grate work my man!!

• Forum MVP

Side note / request...does anyone know how to add a picture or video here within the post from your own pictures...the image / media button seems to only accept urls from the internet...(still learnin my way here on the boards)

Click on "My Settings" then click "Gallery" then "Create Album" then "upload photos" after they are uploaded you can copy the URL

Guest drumzpace

Damn wish I would have caught this show, love the real old shit. Did they get crazy spacy with the Other One?

• Forum MVP

I want to add that this show featured one of the best Bobby McGee's in a long time...very well paced and played with a perfect Bakersfield sound. Another standout in a phenomenal set that was a part of a fantastic run. And speaking of Bobby McGees, I believe that was the last night a certain one will be branded with the dreaded "X" on his hand. wink.gif

Archived