Positively Popular

sakada

Just listenin' 2/17/10 Buffalo

the Corinna is sublimely blissful...Bob sounds gr8 !!!

Such a shame, y'all bitchin' & dissin' who sings what how, who's fuckin' who over for whatever diabolical reason(s), who plays whatever like/unlike however, blah blaf fuckin' blah {oh yeah, etc., etc., etc.}....for y'all's missin' gems of beauty as they DO shine...ya know, 'tis SO true that "once in awhile {ALL the time, actually, if so savvy} you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places, if you look at it right"...

"& if a man among you, got no sin upon his hands, let him cast a stone at me for..." what?

"and those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music"...anyone know who said this, btw?

• Forum MVP

Such a shame, y'all bitchin' & dissin' who sings what how, who's fuckin' who over for whatever diabolical reason(s), who plays whatever like/unlike however, blah blaf fuckin' blah {oh yeah, etc., etc., etc.}....for y'all's missin' gems of beauty as they DO shine...ya know, 'tis SO true that "once in awhile {ALL the time, actually, if so savvy} you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places, if you look at it right"...

Well seeing as Furthur is pretty much following DSO I guess that I wont get to catch any of their shows. Oh well.

:dsorocks:

"& if a man among you, got no sin upon his hands, let him cast a stone at me for..." what?

"and those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music"...anyone know who said this, btw?

Corinna is a bathroom song at best.....

Guest deliverance

your credibility just hit o . corina , what a laugh .

your credibility just hit o .

:rofl:

just an aspect of what i was goin' for... :icon14:

one would hope {becuz your opinion of me means SO much} that to outwardly take me less seriously would BE a reflection of internally taking yourSELF less seriously...

anyhow, my opinion stands... :moon:

I happen to dig "Corinna" as well, especially some of those Ratdog versions...I think Bobby's vision for how the song should be performed was MUCH more fully realized in his own band than the GD, and I think it was a situation where it was miles ahead with the sax.

• Forum MVP

Frankly, I will take a kickin' Corinna over most of the cowboy songs any day......talk about piss breaks.

Cowboy songs , cowboy songs , cowboy songs YAAAAAY ( nantucket ) !!! :lol: ... it's an inside joke , Reid ... it's been discussed between some of us that the less enjoyable Weir songs performed during the Grateful Dead days are very much enjoyed during these DSO days ... maybe it's Eaton , maybe the cowboy songs are like wine and got better with age and maybe both ... Corinna isn't the worst song and may have that fine aged wine thing going for it , I haven't heard it in a long time , but it was a pee break song back in the day , so was Samba In The Rain and some of them Cowboy Songs ... I wonder how a pee break song poll would work out here , I can only imagine :rolleyes: ...

• Forum MVP

I've always been partial to the cowboy songs, as well as the Jerry ballads, and the psychedelic shitstorm songs, and the love songs, and the rocking covers, and the reggae influenced ass-shakers, as well as the random semi-introspective label-defying tunes. I also really enjoy the ones that start off kind of slow and build to a soul-stirring crescendo. And when they pair one song with another? Well, lots of times I really get off on that.

• Forum MVP

I've always been partial to the cowboy songs, as well as the Jerry ballads, and the psychedelic shitstorm songs, and the love songs, and the rocking covers, and the reggae influenced ass-shakers, as well as the random semi-introspective label-defying tunes. I also really enjoy the ones that start off kind of slow and build to a soul-stirring crescendo. And when they pair one song with another? Well, lots of times I really get off on that.

I think that's all of them ... :cheers:

• Forum MVP

Cowboy songs , cowboy songs , cowboy songs YAAAAAY ( nantucket ) !!! :lol: ... it's an inside joke , Reid ... it's been discussed between some of us that the less enjoyable Weir songs performed during the Grateful Dead days are very much enjoyed during these DSO days ... maybe it's Eaton , maybe the cowboy songs are like wine and got better with age and maybe both ... Corinna isn't the worst song and may have that fine aged wine thing going for it , I haven't heard it in a long time , but it was a pee break song back in the day , so was Samba In The Rain and some of them Cowboy Songs ... I wonder how a pee break song poll would work out here , I can only imagine :rolleyes: ...

Mike,

Good to hear from you. I agree that Eaton has a way of making some of the "less palatable" Weir material much more tasty. For one thing, Eaton has a better handle on the slide guitar than Weir ever did, in my opinion.

Btw, how are those Pearl Reference drums treating you? I've not played in months.......need to pick up them sticks again for sure.

• Forum MVP

Mike,

Good to hear from you. I agree that Eaton has a way of making some of the "less palatable" Weir material much more tasty. For one thing, Eaton has a better handle on the slide guitar than Weir ever did, in my opinion.

Btw, how are those Pearl Reference drums treating you? I've not played in months.......need to pick up them sticks again for sure.

No disrespect to Bobby , I love em , but yeah man , Eaton's got a good grip on those tunes and brings out the best in them ....

Reid , The Refs keep growing and I've been playing that beast almost everyday , it helps keep me off the streets and out of trouble ;) ... get back to them my friend , they're good therapy at the very least ... :)

Dudes, just sayin...Ratdog's "Corrina" is pretty funky IMO. I have a nice '03 show of theirs that's just drippy and sultry...the pace is just quick and focused enough that you can see the hippy chicks shaking their bones in your head, and Bobby has hit that "just-right" tone of rock star-ishness.

Archived