Blair Jackson Interview With Jk On Dead.net

SeanAY

say what you mean for sure.....I refuse to accept that a band as grateful as DSO would have fans that would boycott the Furthur progressions of the Grateful Dead...

Just an a opinion>>>>>>>>>>> I would call it the Furthur progressions of Phil & Bobby, not the Grateful Dead, as all the remaining living members are not in Furthur!

Peace,

Rob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be the one Tye that Rick is talking about ,&yes Rick I will see you at the ledges .but my reasons for not going to see Further need not be posted becouse it would only cause more negativity and that is not needed but who ever is going out on the tour enjoy yourselves & be safe.

Negativity or not....I miss you and kris and so wish to catch up for a old fashion throw down.

• Forum MVP

Negativity or not....I miss you and kris and so wish to catch up for a old fashion throw down.

It has been awhile Tye ,hope all is well with you and your wonderful son ,don't know if I'll get out there this year .My son moved down to Manmouth ,would love to get down there & ski alittle this year. Peace

say what you mean for sure.....I refuse to accept that a band as grateful as DSO would have fans that would boycott the Furthur progressions of the Grateful Dead...

You can refuse to accept, but the FACT is DSO does have fans that boycott further. Especially because of their consistent efforts to steal the fan base that DSO HAS CREATED by following their tour and booking shows at times of the year when DSO normally does (e.g. November T'giving) . "furthermore", another FACT (from many sources) is that Phil doesn't want it to sound like the good ole GD. Hence the new arrangements and controlling the action by talking to the band thru the mic. Doesn't sound like improv to me! Subcooler your right....it can't be progressions of the GD.

I don't know how many times of seen Furthur or DSO. I wonder how many shows it needs to be to make one's response valid. JK sounds great with Furthur and I am not sure that the extended periods of greatness experienced with DSO are to be credited to JK solely, what DSO does on stage in my opinion certainly appears to be a group effort. That being said, I think JK sounded best, more comfortable, most loose, and most explosive playing with DSO. Just my opinion. I could be wrong. I think DSO is probably a better place for a lead guitar player to shine due to the fact that the lead is playing and leading all the time with the rest of the band pushing, pulling, and moving right along. In Furthur, sometimes Bobby is leading, sometimes JK is leading, and Phil is leading all the time. These are just my opinion and my experiences. I am not a musician and really have no way to prove what I say other than my own experience. I think some people that feel JK is excelling beyond his DSO days probably didn't go see DSO all that much or maybe caught DSO on one of those leave you cold off nights (what a joke). Or maybe that is really how they experienced the music and they truly feel that way, but lets be serious, Furhur is a better, more glorified version of Phil and Friends and JK is the new friend on guitar. Furthur is a great band and maybe, at some point down the line, JK will really get comfortable and Phil/Bobby will let him take over and we will get a real mind meltdown explosion - possibly like Driggs or one of several tremendous nights with DSO. For now, lets enjoy the music. See you guys in Rochester and for those boycotting Furthur, I hope to see you guys at the Ledges.

I know I am opinionated. I guess its like Herdy said. Say what I mean....

very well put.

ARCH and SUBCOOLER take the heat of any furthur discussion through the roof. I keep waitin for Arch to say ha ha I was just joking. You meant to put that avatar up? Your posts fit it well. You have a fuck off attitude and avatar. Maybe you will realize that any Furthur diss is bad for DSO business. It really is a turnoff for deadheads to read this shit. This world of DSO internet pep talk is a microcosm of the world that the Grateful Dead created. We are lucky enough to be alive during the most important American cultural experience. The Grateful Dead shaped for world as we live it now, in ways that none of us can understand. By nothing short of a miracle we still have the core four alive and well. One day they will be gone, and for eternity....or as long is there is recordings to play, people will bow their heads in honor and dance their way to bliss in an american shaman experience. Get it together and realize how lucky we are to be along for the ride....If DSO is the best band for you then go as often as possible and show the kids how its done. Be a good Head and give thanks for Phil and Bob that you have Grateful Dead music to go see and enjoy.

• Forum MVP

ARCH and SUBCOOLER take the heat of any furthur discussion through the roof. I keep waitin for Arch to say ha ha I was just joking. You meant to put that avatar up? Your posts fit it well. You have a fuck off attitude and avatar. Maybe you will realize that any Furthur diss is bad for DSO business. It really is a turnoff for deadheads to read this shit. This world of DSO internet pep talk is a microcosm of the world that the Grateful Dead created. We are lucky enough to be alive during the most important American cultural experience. The Grateful Dead shaped for world as we live it now, in ways that none of us can understand. By nothing short of a miracle we still have the core four alive and well. One day they will be gone, and for eternity....or as long is there is recordings to play, people will bow their heads in honor and dance their way to bliss in an american shaman experience. Get it together and realize how lucky we are to be along for the ride....If DSO is the best band for you then go as often as possible and show the kids how its done. Be a good Head and give thanks for Phil and Bob that you have Grateful Dead music to go see and enjoy.

wise words... thank you tbones.

Ha Ha just joking.....no really just joking. How can stating facts be misconstrued as a "diss" or opinion. I have seen further and will see them again. But I would rather see DSO any day of the week!!!

Go back and find BW's interview on CNBC where he states they are trying to build a fan base. By creating new deadheads? I don't think so, very hard to do. So how do they build a fanbase? "Steal" the lead guitarist of the most successful GD "cover" (hate using that term) band to help them. Do you think further's popularity has anything to do with JK being there? DSO fans going to see further because of JK? That is where the issue is. Additionally, I have heard that JK's leaving DSO was a little rocky (pure rumor).

So, your telling me that further booking east coast dates (way in advance) in November during the time that DSO normally tours is a coincidence. I think not! Pretty sure they had some insight as to when and where DSO's most successful tours were.

As far as my attitude and avatar are concerned, you can look at however you want. I love DSO and thats all I have to say about my attitude. Cameron Diaz (1 of the hottest chicks on the planet) wasted off her ass giving the bird to a photographer is hilarious in my opinion. If you want to take it as me giving you the finger.....nothing I can do about that. I think there might be another forum member that has an avatar with someone giving the finger. Is that one okay or is it vulgar and distasteful too?

Seriously though.....just joking!

cameron-diaz-without-makeup.jpg

"Cameron Diaz (1 of the hottest chicks on the planet)" -"ARCH STANTON"

make-up-cameron.jpg

Cameron Diaz (like many :rolleyes: ) has multiple faces...some aren't so hot, downright hideous...I don't put her in said category.

2008-diaz-without-makeup.jpg

She's bunk bro. You, of everybody, should be able to recognize one who carries multiple faces. ;)

Cameron-Diaz--8744.jpg

Some of the pictures that have been photoshopped (to her benefit) make her look smokin'...a dime! And she was hot in "The Mask", for sure. Plus I would've boned her in "Something About Mary" too. So maybe it's not even photoshop, just a lil makeup. :wacko:

She does have good bone structure.

LOL!

That she does, Man...for sure. I think it must just be the skin....

it-puts-the-lotion-on-its-skin.jpg

She's got a bangin' lil body too...

16085_f520.jpg

Her face just looks weird at times...

cameron_diaz_300x400.jpg

I've gotta quit looking at her pictures....it's freaking me out!

im_freaking_out_man_2.jpg

ARCH and SUBCOOLER take the heat of any furthur discussion through the roof.

I keep waitin for Arch to say ha ha I was just joking. You meant to put that avatar up? Your posts fit it well. You have a fuck off attitude and avatar. Maybe you will realize that any Furthur diss is bad for DSO business. It really is a turnoff for deadheads to read this shit.

Tbones,

I'm just wondering what exactly does the first line of your post mean?

The only thing I stated that may have upset you is about Furthur not being a progression of GD -I simply believe for that to be an acurate discription ,you would have to have all original members of the Dead involved!

You remark (whatever it means) is not really upsetting, but I wonder exactly when it became an issue to voice an opinion without hearing grief from someone?

If I recall correctly-I never was @ a GD show where the parking lot scene after a show got ugly because someone brought up a negative remark about Bobby/Phil/Jerry/song selection/etc.....

I remember Deadheads as being very resilient (NOTHING LEFT TO DO ,BUT SMILE,SMILE,SMILE)....This shit won't hurt DSO!

This place has become a real joke- I need to find somewhere the focus is on the music & not hiding behind a keyboard & slinging stones(when you disagree with others opinions)

To the friends I've made here, I'll see 'ya on the road.

To those I've pissed off-no reply needed

Peace,

Rob

Tbones,

I'm just wondering what exactly does the first line of your post mean?

Peace,

Rob

It appears that you spend lots of posts on your opinion of furthur. In the end I dont really care. Just always hoping the the focus turns turns towards praise. I really don't want to offend or sound like i'm on the attack.

The whole theory that furthur is basing their tour schedule around DSO's tour seems absurd to me. Do they need to steal the DSO fans. Ive seen furthur about 30 times and every show was sold out. And where does that theory leave JK. The concept is JK started a band that covers GD music which in turn is trying to be destroyed by the GD. This is some serious conspiracy stuff. I think this DSO forum should not turn away from Furthur discussions but focus on them. We owe it ALL to them. Praises be to BOB and PHIL for the gift of DSO.

It appears that you spend lots of posts on your opinion of furthur. In the end I dont really care. Just always hoping the the focus turns turns towards praise. I really don't want to offend or sound like i'm on the attack.

The whole theory that furthur is basing their tour schedule around DSO's tour seems absurd to me. Do they need to steal the DSO fans. Ive seen furthur about 30 times and every show was sold out. And where does that theory leave JK. The concept is JK started a band that covers GD music which in turn is trying to be destroyed by the GD. This is some serious conspiracy stuff. I think this DSO forum should not turn away from Furthur discussions but focus on them. We owe it ALL to them. Praises be to BOB and PHIL for the gift of DSO.

Tbones....not hear to tell you what you believe is wrong and am truly sorry to offend anyone by my posts. I just want people to understand that DSO needs our support more than ever (not saying that anyone on this board doesn't support them already). Conspiracy theory or not.....further has made some very questionable "moves" in terms of their scheduling. The FACT that they booked a show in Colombus Ohio the weekend of Gratefulfest can not be over looked. Now the Ledges is letting people leave friday to go to further??? While it doesn't hurt the attendance (thurs. sat. and sun.) or number or ticket sales (I hope) it does beg the question of why? I think we know the answer, Whether you want to accept it or not is another matter.

Truth be told, I have a very good friend in SF who is close to the situation and have no reason NOT to believe what he has told me. While I would never reveal him as a source, (would be very damaging to him and his relationships) a lot of what I post is not theory, And I believe the DSO community needs to be aware of it.

Really not joking

• Forum MVP

If I recall correctly-I never was @ a GD show where the parking lot scene after a show got ugly because someone brought up a negative remark about Bobby/Phil/Jerry/song selection/etc.....

One time circa 1989 I pissed someone off by complaining that a post-space Other>Rat>Throwing>Away was rote, unadventurous, or something of the like. His argument was along the lines of the band doesn't owe me anything. My counter was of course they don't, but that doesn't mean I can't express desire for something different. The good news is that's as ugly as it got. :D

Archived