Dunegrass 2007 Touch Of Grey Appreciation Thread

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

I discovered this cool little website that lets you convert youtube audio to your itunes.. I've used it to get this version of Touch Of Grey from the Dunegrass Festival in 2007 (where is this place and is it still going on?).. A song I do not always care for... If anyone has this show I would love to get my hands on it. The bands energy on this day seemed to be really flowing beautifully.

anyway, enjoy this amazing Touch!

(where is this place and is it still going on

Western Michigan. I'm not totally sure where, but its in the lower peninsula near Traverse city (I think lol). I dont think its going on this year. DSO doesn't play Michigan that much, and I of course missed this show. I always complain that DSO doesn't play Michigan but when they do I don't make it. I'm just a whiner.

Hey DSO, play southeast Michigan, please.

• Forum MVP

Dunegrass that year was an incredible time - one of my favs, like a mini-Ledges. It was in Michigan, not too far from Traverse City (on the lake, in a sandy dune area). Go figure.

The set and setting were just exactly perfect. Cornmeal played right after that DSO show, on an adjacent stage. It made for serious dancing. The festival has gone through a few changes, I've been told, but I believe it is alive. If DSO were to play there again, I'd gladly make the trip.

I'm in the video, moderately visible for just a few fleeting seconds. The summer sun helped to burn off the mass amounts of blueberry icecream that were in play...

If you folks want DSO to play up there again, you may want to try a "WTF, where are the MI dates?" ploy. It seems to work out pretty well for another state.

• Forum MVP

Ahh... I see.

On the subject of how this was a nice small festival... After Nateva, which was awesome and a wonderful experience... I think I've realized I'd like to spend next fourth of July in Ohio... This is not a Furthur/DSO thing, but an environment and people thing.

The night after the above show DSO played a night time set at Dunegrass that is a smoker. I haven't seen any signs of a recording of that show. I would love one. It was one 2.5 hour set. Full moon that night. I haven't quite been the same since.

Show: 1438

Ahh... I see.

On the subject of how this was a nice small festival... After Nateva, which was awesome and a wonderful experience... I think I've realized I'd like to spend next fourth of July in Ohio... This is not a Furthur/DSO thing, but an environment and people thing.

Vincent, u need to go to the ledges. This was my first year and I have such regret for every one I haven't been to. The ledges is 3 hours from my house. The only reason I never went before is I'm not much of a camper. I was so comfortable at the ledges. First off, the entire campground is shaded. Its like the rainforest. I slept one day till noon!!!!! Usually camping you wake up when the sun hits you. Anyway, ledges next year, you won't be disappointed.

• Forum MVP

Vincent, u need to go to the ledges. This was my first year and I have such regret for every one I haven't been to. The ledges is 3 hours from my house. The only reason I never went before is I'm not much of a camper. I was so comfortable at the ledges. First off, the entire campground is shaded. Its like the rainforest. I slept one day till noon!!!!! Usually camping you wake up when the sun hits you. Anyway, ledges next year, you won't be disappointed.

It has been decided. I will be going to Ledges next year despite my group of friends who would like to continue on the big festival train. I absolutely love camping, but at the big festivals its more like sleeping in a crowded parking lot.

• Forum MVP

It has been decided. I will be going to Ledges next year despite my group of friends who would like to continue on the big festival train. I absolutely love camping, but at the big festivals its more like sleeping in a crowded parking lot.

I tried to explain this to you before, but you didn't really seem to want to listen and you were set on Nateva which I am sure was a blast, but the ledges is truly something special. Its the event of the year for me. In the end, it is still about the music for me and I don't attend any of the other events they hold at the ledges which I am sure are also fantastic experiences, but it doesn't get any better than Gratefulfest.

• Forum MVP

I tried to explain this to you before, but you didn't really seem to want to listen and you were set on Nateva which I am sure was a blast, but the ledges is truly something special. Its the event of the year for me. In the end, it is still about the music for me and I don't attend any of the other events they hold at the ledges which I am sure are also fantastic experiences, but it doesn't get any better than Gratefulfest.

No, I was listening... it's just I bought tickets with a group of friends in February. That was all.

Having experienced a big festival I am ready to just enter the world of GratefulFest.

• Forum MVP

No, I was listening... it's just I bought tickets with a group of friends in February. That was all.

Having experienced a big festival I am ready to just enter the world of GratefulFest.

Please remove your shoes before entering............................

"If you folks want DSO to play up there again, you may want to try a "WTF, where are the MI dates?" ploy. It seems to work out pretty well for another state."

Whoa. There are serious intellectual property issues involved in the use of that trademarked, servicemarked, patented and copyrighted phrase.

Shame on you counselor, for fomenting such tortious interference.......

• Forum MVP

I bought tickets to many shows I didn't attend. I am sure your friends could have sold your tickets to face to somebody on their way in. Its all a matter of where you want to be and I'm glad you will be attending the Ledges next year.

"If you folks want DSO to play up there again, you may want to try a "WTF, where are the MI dates?" ploy. It seems to work out pretty well for another state."

I've been throwing out the Michigan whine for a while now. I want southeast Michigan though and its been 5 years since DSO has been to the Detroit area.

• Forum MVP

I've been throwing out the Michigan whine for a while now. I want southeast Michigan though and its been 5 years since DSO has been to the Detroit area.

Have you ever been to a small town called New Buffalo, in Michigan?

and a restaurant named Redamaks?

• Forum MVP

Whoa. There are serious intellectual property issues involved in the use of that trademarked, servicemarked, patented and copyrighted phrase.

Shame on you counselor, for fomenting such tortious interference.......

Damages?

No I have not. Other side of the state from me. Good restaurant? Should I stop there on my next trip to Chicago? Looks like an easy exit off of 94.

No I have not. Other side of the state from me. Good restaurant? Should I stop there on my next trip to Chicago? Looks like an easy exit off of 94.

• Forum MVP

Exit 1 (New Buffalo) off 94...best cheeseburger you will ever have...if you eat those.

Archived