Jgb Brooklyn Bowlz

HaveYouEverSmoked

Embarrassed to admit this was my first time seeing Stu or JGB. Great venue out in Brooklyn and the band was cool and refreshing.

Cats Down Under the Stars

They Love Eachother

Second That Emotion

Catfish John

Crazy Love

Tore Up

See What Love Can Do

Strugglin Man

Sitting Here in Limbo

My Sisters and Brothaz

Waiting For a Miracle

Deal

Reuben & Cherise

(Herbed up in the upstairs bathroom during 1st set and behind a weird ass truck down some random alley in Brooklyn at set break)

• Forum MVP

Had loads of fun at the show. The cheeseburger I got before hand was fucking DEELISH.

The first set was on fire the whole time. Completely relentless. The band sounded really great.

Second set took a little while for me to get fully into the groove but I was captured during Sitting In Limbo :wub: The rest of the set was amazing and absolutely loved R&C

This is the set I had written down.

Cats Under the Stars

They Love Each other

I Second That Emotion

Crazy Love

Catfish John

Tore Up Over You

See What Love Can Do

Strugglin Man

Someday Baby

Sitting in Limbo

Waiting For A Miracle

My Sisters and Brothers

Deal

Reuben & Cherise

Guest Lisacat

Saw them last night in Wilkes-barre at the River Street Jazz Cafe. What a sweet little venue. Dance floor, cheap bar, kind folks working the plave. And the show was hot....they sound better and tighter than they did just months ago. Just a fantastic night...wish more folks from here were there. Don't have a full setlist but it started with Harder They Come. Also in the first set Bright Side of the Road, Stop That Train, Let it Rock, and a beautiful Gomorrah. Second set started with Struggling Man>Rhapsody in Red and ended with Sisters and Brothers>Lonesome and a Long Way from Home. There was a valerie in there. somewhere too. Love this band...can't wait to see them in a couple weeks on the west coast!

• Forum MVP

Saw them last night in Wilkes-barre at the River Street Jazz Cafe. What a sweet little venue. Dance floor, cheap bar, kind folks working the plave. And the show was hot....they sound better and tighter than they did just months ago. Just a fantastic night...wish more folks from here were there. Don't have a full setlist but it started with Harder They Come. Also in the first set Bright Side of the Road, Stop That Train, Let it Rock, and a beautiful Gomorrah. Second set started with Struggling Man>Rhapsody in Red and ended with Sisters and Brothers>Lonesome and a Long Way from Home. There was a valerie in there. somewhere too. Love this band...can't wait to see them in a couple weeks on the west coast.

They did a strugglin man>rhapsody at Penn's peak and the transition was perfect....and sisters/brothers>Lonesome and a Long Way from Home???? :cheers: Wish I could go tonight, gonna do splintered instead cause it's five minutes away....have fun tonight.

• Forum MVP

Embarrassed to admit this was my first time seeing Stu or JGB. Great venue out in Brooklyn and the band was cool and refreshing.

Cats Down Under the Stars

They Love Eachother

Second That Emotion

Catfish John

Crazy Love

Tore Up

See What Love Can Do

Strugglin Man

Sitting Here in Limbo

My Sisters and Brothaz

Waiting For a Miracle

Deal

Reuben & Cherise

(Herbed up in the upstairs bathroom during 1st set and behind a weird ass truck down some random alley in Brooklyn at set break)

whew! that was a close one! i almost thought your review was missing its obligatory "where/how you smoked weed during the show"

Guest Lisacat

here's the real setlist from last night:

8-18-10 : Wednesday at RIVER CITY JAZZ CLUB in Wilkes-Barre, PA ---- SET 1 : Harder They Come, See What Love Can Do, Stop That Train, Gomorrah, Let It Rock, Bright Side of the Road ---- SET 2 : Strugglin' Man>Rhapsody In Red, Valerie, Senor, Sisters & Brothers>Lonesome & a Long Way From Home

Saw them last night in Wilkes-barre at the River Street Jazz Cafe. What a sweet little venue. Dance floor, cheap bar, kind folks working the plave. And the show was hot....they sound better and tighter than they did just months ago. Just a fantastic night...wish more folks from here were there. Don't have a full setlist but it started with Harder They Come. Also in the first set Bright Side of the Road, Stop That Train, Let it Rock, and a beautiful Gomorrah. Second set started with Struggling Man>Rhapsody in Red and ended with Sisters and Brothers>Lonesome and a Long Way from Home. There was a valerie in there. somewhere too. Love this band...can't wait to see them in a couple weeks on the west coast!

This show is as close to my home as anyone ever gets...funky little town on the Russian River...should be a blast!

http://www.inticketing.com/events/121481/JGB-with-Melvin-Seals-and-Stu-Allen-at-the-Monte-Rio-Amphitheater

Guest Lisacat

This show is as close to my home as anyone ever gets...funky little town on the Russian River...should be a blast!

http://www.inticketi...io-Amphitheater

yup I'll definitely be at the felton and GAMH shows....not sure about the RR show....but looks like its a beautiful spot. Have you ever been there? What would we be dancing on? Grass? Gravel? Is it flat or inclined? These things are major factors for me :)

yup I'll definitely be at the felton and GAMH shows....not sure about the RR show....but looks like its a beautiful spot. Have you ever been there? What would we be dancing on? Grass? Gravel? Is it flat or inclined? These things are major factors for me :)

Yes I have...dancing on grass (maybe a little dried out)..level zone...cool river breezes...freaks galore and I believe the last show of the tour....

Guest Lisacat

Yes I have...dancing on grass (maybe a little dried out)..level zone...cool river breezes...freaks galore and I believe the last show of the tour....

level grass works....and I like freaks

I think they are playing in humboldt later in the month.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lisacat

For those into JGB...

Great weekend of JGB in the bay area this past weekend....Felton on Friday, GAMH on Saturday. They played on the Russian River Sunday night however I opted for the dead dance.... definitely missed having the dancing space I'm used to with JGB on the east coast!

Fridays setlist (identical to the Wilkesbarre show I saw a few weeks ago except for 1 song!):

I: Harder they come, See what love can do, run for the roses, gomorrah, let it rock, bright side of the road

II: Struggling man>rhapsody in red, valerie, senor, sisters and brothers>lonesome and a long way from home

E: The way you do the things you do

Saturday: (several repeats but nice gospel section at the end!) Also- Melvin had his light-up and "smoking" organ- hence the first song

I: Smoke gets in your eyes, see what love can do, melody, thats what love will make you do, struggling man>rhapsody in red

II: Road runner, lucky old sun, let it rock, bright side of the road, throw out the lifeline>sisters & brothers>cats under the stars

E: Wonderful World (so sweet to hear)

Archived