Wellmont Theater - 12/28/2010 (Performing 12/11/69

TylerTerrapin

PERFORMING:

Grateful Dead Live at Thelma Theater on 1969-12-11

l

Casey Jones, Cold Rain And Snow, Mama Tried, (T.C. plays Bach), Yellow Dog Story, Dire Wolf, It Hurts Me Too, China Cat Sunflower > Jam > I Know You Rider, Black Peter > Me And My Uncle, Hard To Handle, Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Cumberland Blues

ll

Morning Dew, Next Time You See Me > Sittin In Top Of The World, Beat It On Down The Line, Big Boss Man, Good Lovin' > Drums > Good Lovin', High Time, Dancing In The Streets, Easy Wind, Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Cosmic Charlie

Encore: (FILLER)

Scarlet..

HotHotHot!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Grate show from start to finish with an unbelievable set list and DSO was as tight as ever ... this was my 40th DSO show and I got a smokin' 1969er , THANKS DSO !!! it was really good to see and hang with good friends I hadn't seen in a while and very nice to meet new friends ... safe travels to everyone on the road , in the air and everywhere this week ...

Happy New Year !!! :cheers:

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Another thought from last night..

some kid who looked very young was walking around the floor with his cell phone open showing the original Grateful Dead setlist sometime around the first set. He was tapping people on the shoulder to show off his discovery as if he was doing someone a favor. In my opinion this is just rude.. I've yet to see this happen at a DSO show andI would rather not know what is coming.

• Forum MVP

some kid who looked very young was walking around the floor with his cell phone open showing the original Grateful Dead setlist sometime around the first set. He was tapping people on the shoulder to show off his discovery as if he was doing someone a favor. In my opinion this is just rude.. I've yet to see this happen at a DSO show andI would rather not know what is coming.

Sorry !!! that was me , I won't do it again ...

dsorocks.gif

What I witnessed last night might have been one of the best shows I have ever seen. To be able to recreate a sound that I have only heard on my old sounboard cassetes is truly remarkable.The precision and detail must be admired.DSO delivers this level of intensity on a consistent basis which among many other reasons keeps me comong back.I started seeing the dead back in 1977 never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to listen to a live band deliver the sounds that were only available on recordings.DSO is not acover band they are a miracle.

• Forum MVP

DSO delivers this level of intensity on a consistent basis which among many other reasons keeps me coming back

in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to listen to a live band deliver the sounds that were only available on recordings.DSO is not a cover band they are a miracle.

this is so true ...

Guest Lisacat

My opinion? I thought the show was very very good....however I can't compare it to the SF 69 show (avalon recreation)- which to me was just an utter psychedelic meltdown of a show-the creme de la creme of the 69 material- but I think that really had way more to do with the audience and setting (and what people are ingesting!). I actually think the setlist chosen for NJ was perfect for the crowd....I don't know if the NJ crowd on a whole would have responded as well to a slow jammed out duprees>mountains>dark star start as they did to the casey jones kick off. It was a LONG setlist for a 69 show...lots of music to squeeze into 3 1/2 hours or so of play time when the dead's show was probably a bit longer. Loved the Dark Star and all the pigpen tunes. Nice to hear the old school dancin' too! Glad everyone made it in safely...looking forward to tonight!

Guest crazy digits

What I witnessed last night might have been one of the best shows I have ever seen. To be able to recreate a sound that I have only heard on my old sounboard cassetes is truly remarkable.The precision and detail must be admired.DSO delivers this level of intensity on a consistent basis which among many other reasons keeps me comong back.I started seeing the dead back in 1977 never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to listen to a live band deliver the sounds that were only available on recordings.DSO is not acover band they are a miracle.

People never understand my answer when they ask me how many times I have seen this band....its an obsession but its pleasin..

• Forum MVP

My opinion? I thought the show was very very good....however I can't compare it to the SF 69 show (avalon recreation)- which to me was just an utter psychedelic meltdown of a show-the creme de la creme of the 69 material- but I think that really had way more to do with the audience and setting (and what people are ingesting!). I actually think the setlist chosen for NJ was perfect for the crowd....I don't know if the NJ crowd on a whole would have responded as well to a slow jammed out duprees>mountains>dark star start as they did to the casey jones kick off. It was a LONG setlist for a 69 show...lots of music to squeeze into 3 1/2 hours or so of play time when the dead's show was probably a bit longer. Loved the Dark Star and all the pigpen tunes. Nice to hear the old school dancin' too! Glad everyone made it in safely...looking forward to tonight!

Yawn--

Maybe they ingested some west coast elitism...

• Forum MVP

we are getting REALLY good at this!!!!!

recovering nicely.....

full-body-cast.jpg

yup , that happens more and more these days , especially after a 2 or more night run ...

This is so true, too...

ii_defibrillator.gif

they would have come in handy about mid way through second set last night ...

I really, really feel like I've been lucking out with DSO. Vasa Park in July 2009, an INCREDIBLE show in Madison last February (their longest show ever, 5+ hours), and then this awesome, awesome show last night. The only way it could have possibly been better was if they had made the smart choice to skip Dark Star, which has always been my "time for a bathroom/beer break" song.

• Forum MVP

The only way it could have possibly been better was if they had made the smart choice to skip Dark Star, which has always been my "time for a bathroom/beer break" song.

:blink:

I hope thats's a joke.

Show was unbelievable at parts. Liked the first set a lot. Really solid overall.

Guest Lisacat
The only way it could have possibly been better was if they had made the smart choice to skip Dark Star, which has always been my "time for a bathroom/beer break" song.

I believe someone around here once said its ALL dark star.

That happened to be one of the highlights of the show for me.

Archived