The Klein - New Years Eve, Eve

Tea

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

A little?? LOL!! Us Deadheads are EXTREMELY opinionated! :)

Im so opinionated; I view most of my thoughts as truths. So don't try to change my mind. Yes Dark Star. Yes to Lisa (keep on spinning, I love her energy), and lets keep doing both recreations and electives. Just my opinion, but I'm telling you I think its fact.

Whereas Donna would fall short from time to time Lisa has always been stellar and her presence and voice are electrifying. Scarlet on NYE was beautiful her singing was simply amazing. She has awesome vibes and never lets me down loved the grooving going on with her and Kevin during sugar mag the whole band was rocking!

What the fuck does a wharf rat do? Laughed are asses over that one. Amazing playin, dew had me down and out. Everyone was on during this show in a real big way. Wish the crowd could have been less talkative during Dew The Good Lovin was unusual I think. Doesn't matter anyway. I had a great show, nothing lacking. Thank you DSO, all of you, band, crew, and fans It was a great year. Look forward to the next round.

Peace

What the fuck does a wharf rat do? Laughed are asses over that one. Amazing playin, dew had me down and out. Everyone was on during this show in a real big way. Wish the crowd could have been less talkative during Dew The Good Lovin was unusual I think. Doesn't matter anyway. I had a great show, nothing lacking. Thank you DSO, all of you, band, crew, and fans It was a great year. Look forward to the next round.

Peace

The good loving I would say would be in the spirit of '76. It is accurate to that era in the dead. And that playing, well lets just say when I saw the setlist and Playing was played as I refer to as a "suite" instead of a jumping off point I knew it was going to be crazy. I really give the whole DSO community credit, 3 sets is no walk in the park and you guys kept it up full steam!

For me, Lisa always pulls together the show. As happy as I was to see my first 69 show in Buffalo, and I was freaking ecstatic, it still pained me to realize there would be no Lisa that night.

Still yet to see a 69 show but I'm so happy that my girlfriends first DSO show was in Albany in September.It was 5/26/72 and wow did Lisa bring it home that night. Talk about 1st sets, 19 songs was unreal. And just when you thought the band would dog it the next night after playing 5/25/72 they come full steam with another 72 show! This band always has me on my feet as I surely was not expecting to catch another 72 after they played one the night before.

• Advisory Board

Im so opinionated; I view most of my thoughts as truths. So don't try to change my mind. Yes Dark Star. Yes to Lisa (keep on spinning, I love her energy), and lets keep doing both recreations and electives. Just my opinion, but I'm telling you I think its fact.

Ahhh to be young, dumb, and think you have it all figured out... just makes me laugh, but remember a time when I thought the same...

• Forum MVP

Ahhh to be young, dumb, and think you have it all figured out... just makes me laugh, but remember a time when I thought the same...

I'm happy to be young. I know I have very little figured out. I do stupids things, but I think you would be hardpressed to find someone who would really call me dumb. I think its part of growing up when you decide you know better than your parents and eventually, later on down the line, realize you should've been listening to them all along. I still have a lot of growing, learning, and adjusting to do. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has ever been in these shoes. It was great seeing you on this last run Herdy. I don't know when our paths will cross again, but be well brother. I hope the move goes well for you.

• Forum MVP

Sorry to anyone that saw that late night post. Totally uncalled for. Be well my friends. Peace and love

No worries at all Rick ... you know I've been there with a few late night post's, some early afternoon and a bunch of evening post's that I had to pull after giving them a read over , shit happens ... oh , and I didn't see the post that you're referring too , and I hope folks missed a lot of mine that I zapped off the board LOL ... Peace and Love back to ya my Brother !!!

Listen to Lisa sing Hurts me too, and tell me that the band would be better without her. I just dont know how anyone could hear her sing that and not be blown away. LISA YOU ROCK! WE LOVE YOU!

This is one of the best versions that I have seen.

Lisa Mackey is THE SHIT!!!

I'm happy to be young. I know I have very little figured out. I do stupids things, but I think you would be hardpressed to find someone who would really call me dumb. I think its part of growing up when you decide you know better than your parents and eventually, later on down the line, realize you should've been listening to them all along. I still have a lot of growing, learning, and adjusting to do. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has ever been in these shoes. It was great seeing you on this last run Herdy. I don't know when our paths will cross again, but be well brother. I hope the move goes well for you.

Rick,

It was grate running into you @ Montclair (was a bit under the weather & headed for the seats 1st set) Got to bring a old friend to 1st show with Jeff(picked a grate one to bring him to!)

In any event....I wanted to repeat a phrase I've found to be very true- " The older I get ...The smarter my parents seem!"

Peace,

Rob

• Advisory Board

FWIW, I wasn't calling you dumb, Rick... I was just making a general statement... I find that all younger people are "young, dumb, and think they have it all figured out"... I was once in that group myself... Hell, I am still in that group to a point... Not so much "young" anymore, not so much "dumb" anymore, but I definatly know that I don't have it all figured out... now back in my 20's, I was pretty sure that I knew EVERYTHING... time humbles a person, no matter who you are...

• Forum MVP

FWIW, I wasn't calling you dumb, Rick... I was just making a general statement... I find that all younger people are "young, dumb, and think they have it all figured out"... I was once in that group myself... Hell, I am still in that group to a point... Not so much "young" anymore, not so much "dumb" anymore, but I definatly know that I don't have it all figured out... now back in my 20's, I was pretty sure that I knew EVERYTHING... time humbles a person, no matter who you are...

Herdy,

I didn't really think you were calling me dumb. My head is not in a good place. Despite the fact the situation could be a whole lot worse, the immediate future for me is going to be a grind. I'm hopeful that I can find someone to let me use my degree in the near future because I'm bored out of my mind. I am quite aware of the limits of my knowledge and I spend hours each day reading to expand that knowledge base. However, you point is very well-taken. I wouldn't say it I knew everything or that I have it all figured out - just simply that I know better. The way I have chosen to live my life has allowed me to see that many people that the authorities want you to believe are bad people are really good people. I have also seen that those supossed to uphold the law do a terrible job obeying it. Finally, not to beat a dead horse, but I have spent a lot of time recently pouring over the texts of the Enlightenment that those like Thomas Jefferson cited in their Revolutionary writings. This is not the America they envisioned or faught for. I have a lot to learn about accepting the things I cannnot change. I need a lesson in learning how to embrace the freedom provided to me and understand that at times, more than once, I have made terrible decisions that have put me in my current situation. I certainly need a lesson in humility. Hopefully, with time, I will experience this humbleness you talk about. Its all love brother. I know your a stubborn ass that can act like a donkey from time to time, but I know your a great person that has learned quite a bit about how to live in the world we live in. I could learn a lot from you. Peace and love.

• Advisory Board

Rick, I'd be more then happy to give you any advise that you need...

...and the advise I gave you on NYE about telling the truth vs lying to the counselor.... I highly recommend that you take that advise... from a person who's been through what you're going through...

• Forum MVP

Rick, I'd be more then happy to give you any advise that you need...

...and the advise I gave you on NYE about telling the truth vs lying to the counselor.... I highly recommend that you take that advise... from a person who's been through what you're going through...

man ,thats some good advive Ron,you lie to the counseler you re lieing to yourself.you might not like it but its the truth

Guest crazy digits

Okay Poppop ;)

Archived