Westbury 5/5

found

• Forum MVP

Also, when we played Williamsburgh, we went with Dead base for the set list and as it turns out it was incorrect. Last nights show was correct according to the master reels.

When I was in Phil and friends some of the set lists looked like real clunkers on paper. But, the shows were crackling!!!!!

Y'all left out Dire Wolf the first time. When you guys played that last night I was thrown off for a minute but Good Lovin and Cumberland re-established my earlier suspicions.

Regarless of the setlist, I think all in attendance had an awesome time. Excited for tonight! :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Between Dark Star every night and Lisa's new instrument, I could see signing on for another year of bliss.

It'll be sweet seeing her come out like this (with maybe a different 'do, but you get the idea)...

bob_dylan_harmonica.jpg

Guest vtchiller

Always someone complaining....regardless, I thought the show smoked. Caught Irving too and that was just an incredible night of music as well. I've been seeing Jeff for about 18 years and once I heard he was in the band, I started going again. He's a perfect fit and truly talented. I think he gives the band a huge boost of energy and I love it, no matter what they play. Thanks guys!

P.S. Rob, you and I used to talk years and years ago. In fact, I was the guy who asked and sort or arranged for you to come up to Burlington for the first time with the Trickster's around 1997. I connected you with the club folks up there since I knew them. Good seeing you play the last week or so...I tried to say hello last night but you scooted off stage quick after it was over. Anyway, you sound great and I love seeing you guys play these days, thanks!

• Forum MVP

I hadn't seen DSO since 6/3/2010 at Music Hall of Williamsburg so I was really excited going into last night's show...that was until I figured out pretty quickly that they were playing 4/16/72, the same exact show that was played at the Williamsburg. Band sounded great, but I don't think there is any excuse for this.

I know Eaton's job of picking the setlists is brutal and usually I think he does a pretty decent job, but to play the exact same show in the same NY area less than a year apart is kind of weak in my opinion.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Again, the band sounded great, but I must admit it sucked to get the exact same show and know everything that was coming.

I also think this band has become way too fixated on the early stuff. With JK it was much more spread out in terms of eras played. 80's 90's seem to get the shaft.

Did you get high atleast?

• Forum MVP

ha!

I also wanted to make note of taperrob's post... It put a smile on my face to see the classic setlist, photo, and live stream updates on the Philzone site for a DSO show! I am only used to seeing that in the Furthur/Phil and Friends world.

Thank you for all you do!

My younger brother, who was at the show with me last night, refuses to see DSO unless we have plenty of herb going into it...and last night was no exception. In fact, his pockets were stuffed with so much stink that it was borderline awkward on the train into Westbury from NYC. The entire train car reeked! The only person smoking more than us might have been Senator Eaton himself.

• Forum MVP

My younger brother, who was at the show with me last night, refuses to see DSO unless we have plenty of herb going into it...and last night was no exception. In fact, his pockets were stuffed with so much stink that it was borderline awkward on the train into Westbury from NYC. The entire train car reeked! The only person smoking more than us might have been Senator Eaton himself.

Now, I feel better.

• Forum MVP

Are the 1972 setlists really that different anyway? Is it a question of whether they play the same songs, or they play them the same way?

Yes, especially in the case of a Euro 72 or earlier, because you get a whole mix of PigPen songs. :icon14: :icon14:

• Forum MVP

Yes, especially in the case of a Euro 72 or earlier, because you get a whole mix of PigPen songs. :icon14: :icon14:

first sets can be very similar but those euro 72 second sets vary greatly

anyone had a chance to catch up with this version of the good ol' crowd stir .. Truckin' // .. yet??

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2011-05-05.ccm4v.zman.fob.flac16

if not, it comes recommended by yours truly .. heeehe rolleyes.gif

also .. if this is Lisa's first harp show .. well .. yup .. that should speak volumes right there ..

among a host of other anecdotal incredulities .. westbury, ny .. go team!

cheers.gif

dsorocks.gif

rofl.gif

"Hey, this must be Heaven, Man!"

(WG)

I'M A FANATIC NOW ... !!!! YHESSSS

anyone had a chance to catch up with this version of the good ol' crowd stir .. Truckin' // .. yet??

http://www.archive.o...zman.fob.flac16

if not, it comes recommended by yours truly .. heeehe rolleyes.gif

also .. if this is Lisa's first harp show .. well .. yup .. that should speak volumes right there ..

among a host of other anecdotal incredulities .. westbury, ny .. go team!

cheers.gif

dsorocks.gif

rofl.gif

Archived