August Tour

Blindman

Not sure where to post this self-serving request but how about some CA dates in August? It's very nice out here. I love the annual October dates but August is summer and summer is music time. Between starting in NM, dropping more 2011 CO dates (WTF?!?) and even AK tour... one or two CA dates would be rad. So Cal, No Cal... either works for me.

Come on out/in. The water feels good.

• Forum MVP

Guess we are back to having the SF dates on Hardly Strictly weekend. Works for me.

and yes Ed... The WTF was for you :)

You know as well as anyone that the weather is best in SF in late September as opposed to July and August. And SoCal is always nice, so it works just fine to have the Fall CA run.

The Pacific NW on the other hand gets 3 freakin months of no rain every year. Would love to be able to catch DSO without having to worry about a jacket ;)

Guest jazz-man

One summer we got to see DSO at the Oregon Zoo amphitheater in the summer. Summers in the Pacific NW are perfect! And dancing outdoors on a fabulous evening in the forested area of the zoo to DSO was bliss! I'd love to do that again!

One summer we got to see DSO at the Oregon Zoo amphitheater in the summer. Summers in the Pacific NW are perfect! And dancing outdoors on a fabulous evening in the forested area of the zoo to DSO was bliss! I'd love to do that again!

i was at the zoo what a blast. i miss oregon so bad. summers are amazing, and winters ok too. i like rain. and lets not forget the bouncing floor at the crystal meth room. ahhh, snoregon

• Forum MVP

Wave House ???

If so then I am going to come wearing stilts so I don't have a sore neck for 4 days after the show..... you are looking up like "Is it a bird? .. is it a plane? ... ITS DSO!!" ..

On the 21st they got some dude who says he knows the Blues... what was his name again... oh yeah... Buddy Guy ... anyway :blink::wacko:

the Belly Up has an open night on the 22nd.... :unsure:

• Forum MVP

If so then I am going to come wearing stilts so I don't have a sore neck for 4 days after the show..... you are looking up like "Is it a bird? .. is it a plane? ... ITS DSO!!" ..

the Belly Up has an open night on the 22nd.... :unsure:

you most def don't want to hug the rail on that stage ... I still have whiplash from the last show LOL !!!

always had fun at the Belly ... I really like the Wave House too !!!

• Forum MVP

you most def don't want to hug the rail on that stage ... I still have whiplash from the last show LOL !!!!

remember the wall in "King Kong" .... that is how I would feel if I was on the rail at a DSO show at the Wave House... BUT... it is outdoors and plenty of space to have fun ... :icon14:

so my vote would be Wave House.. but I see the Belly Up on that night... but my crystal ball has been known to be cloudy on occasions...

• Forum MVP

Buddy Guy lays it down baby ... gotta love the blues ...

I vote Wave House ... Lots to do there early in the day plus if you get there at the right time you get a DSO sound check ....

and the biggest body of water a few hitches down the trail this side of the Pecos... :blush:

and yeah I kind of remember that Buddy Guy cat from some documentary I saw once or twice or 42 times... what was it again... Festival Express :huh:

• Forum MVP

I was hoping for the 4th and B....the surfing motiff at the back of the Wave House and the ferris wheel looming over everything added a nice touch there...I will miss the pizza break at the Belly Up but like Petula Clark sang: "Downtown, where all the lights are bright..."

I think I'm in.

Guest crazy digits

9/23 LA

I liked that HOB in Hollywood, saw heart and gold band open up for dso, way back some years...with James, Brett and Alsiha and meesha..she was there visiting Scottie. memories are good..

Archived