Easy Answers

anddave

...ain't no nothin' there.

:cheers:

i think i'd like this song WAY more if the "eeeeeasy aaaanswers" 21+x/song was left out...the lyrics are kinda kewl...

"shut your eyes & listen to the colors of your mind...give yourself a breath of air & let your soul unwind..." {tho does remind me of Tomorrow Never Knows a bit}

• Forum MVP

I have seen Ratdog do it without the "eeeeeasy aaaanswers" part and it worked much better.

Neil Young wrote a line in the tune... guess what it is

RD does this song but the one's I've seen, they've sung the chorus. I'd love to hear one sans chorus.

Same thing for the song Eternity.

And that's a good question...I don't know the answer but my bet is this line:

'You don't have to say a word cause you got dick to say, no one ever said there's gonna be an easy way.'

I can just imagine Neil singing that line.

• Forum MVP

Dstone your correct Sir. :)

I'll try to do some digging and find the tune.

Really?

That's the one?

I think all the Neil I've heard has really sunk in!

I'd love to hear the story behind how he offered that one line...or if that's the one line he offered that made Weir's cut?

Pretty sure it's "IF you got..."

Yup...that sounds more right I think.

I doubt many of us hear a lot of that song these days. :(

Eaton's never approached that one....has he?

• Forum MVP

Easy Answers didn't emerge until '93....and DSO hasn't played anything beyond '91 (I think?) so i guess that's why it hasn't been touched yet....(although I suppose it could have been picked up for original setlists)

In my opinion...lyrically it's an excellent tune, but not all that interesting musically.....(but I bet DSO could develop it into something with more punch to it if they worked with it for a while...)

• Forum MVP

No, they've gone beyond '91.

Way beyond.

All the way to '95 in fact.

The new frontier not yet explored is 1968.

:)

I wouldn't mind some of the 90's stuff, there were many songs that I despised back then that I may like now... and baracco on this gem:

"Let's get down and dirty. Don't bother to explain

Don't care if they call a cop and say we are insane

We'll keep goin' til we drop...."

• Forum MVP

Easy Answers didn't emerge until '93....and DSO hasn't played anything beyond '91 (I think?) so i guess that's why it hasn't been touched yet....(although I suppose it could have been picked up for original setlists)

In my opinion...lyrically it's an excellent tune, but not all that interesting musically.....(but I bet DSO could develop it into something with more punch to it if they worked with it for a while...)

Not true. We've done '94

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the clarification(s) ya'll......I had no idea DSO has played such late shows...somehow I got it in my head that nothing's been done beyond '91---probably cuz I haven't seen them play anything beyond '91, personally!

Now I'm curious if Dstone is correct on the '95, or Barraco with the '94...

Seems like every time I think I've got a few things "figured out" about the DSO train, I learn that I'm incorrect..... and I actually really like that!!! Layers upon, layers upon layers to learn---keeps you on your toes!.

So....what is the latest show that DSO has played??

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the clarification(s) ya'll......I had no idea DSO has played such late shows...somehow I got it in my head that nothing's been done beyond '91---probably cuz I haven't seen them play anything beyond '91, personally!

Now I'm curious if Dstone is correct on the '95, or Barraco with the '94...

Seems like every time I think I've got a few things "figured out" about the DSO train, I learn that I'm incorrect..... and I actually really like that!!! Layers upon, layers upon layers to learn---keeps you on your toes!.

So....what is the latest show that DSO has played??

I seem to recall them playing a Shoreline '95 show...not one I saw but I recall seeing the list here--one the shows from the June run. Whatever show (of that 3-pac) that didn't have Way to Go or Samba or Easy Answers or Eternity or Shoe Fits or Childhood's End. :)

I saw a nice Omni '94 show...3/30 I think or 31. The one that started with Sunshine, Stranger.

I called the show at the start of the tune up for Stranger and people acted as though I was wearing tinfoil on my head.

It was the only show that had that opening duo though and lots of heads who saw shows during that time would have gotten it...but man you guys should have seen the way some of the people were looking at me after they announced the date.

• Forum MVP
I doubt many of us hear a lot of that song these days. :(

You SAID it!! On that subject (and the impetus for this thread also) I exchanged very terse emails, cheerleading for this song, with a certain musician who's reputed to be a sticky subject around here and his exact reply was "I'm in!". Whether his bandmates agree I do not know.

....and DSO hasn't played anything beyond '91 (I think?)

DSO visit the 90s regularly but infrequently. See Edbase for full details. I highly recommend their treatment of 90s shows. THAT is from where arises the common (and true) comment that "...it was better than the real Dead, man!!". When we're talkin 90s it is often very true indeed. As with many goofs, this one is easily rectified by attending more shows. As Vegas says, airplanes are helpful.

:D:cheers:

• Forum MVP

As with many goofs, this one is easily rectified by attending more shows. As Vegas says, airplanes are helpful.

:D:cheers:

I agree!!! I need/hope to start using those planes for this purpose more...I rarely get out of my typical driving radius which only means crossing one state line.....

But I'm slowly racking up miles for flying by using the credit card and I intend for many of those miles to be devoted to DSO shows (just need to get wife clearance before I'm clear for takeoff!!!)

The more shows the better...even if we have to arrive by mule!! :D

• Forum MVP

Rumor has it, Bobby and Mickey showed up. I expect a thorough review...

Great fun at the Hall last night.

I miss Porter with this band but that's just because that rhythm section was one of my all time favorites. Mickey was on stage from the start of the show and Bob walked on about the 4th song in and played the blues rhythm guitarist role superbly.

He started with a Speedway and then did a Birdsong>Fever, Big RXR Blues, Wang Dang Doodle with Maria Muldaur singing nice back-up vocals, Sugaree and then a Deal with Papa Mali singing.

It was really great seeing those three having fun together again.

• Forum MVP

Here is a quote from Papa Mali:

"Of the thousands of gigs I have played, tonight is one I will never forget. Thank you Billy for saving my seat on the bus until I was ready to hop on. Thank you San Francisco for being San Francisco. Thank you Bobby and Mickey for bringing the love. This Papa found a slice of heaven tonight. I am humbled and rejuvenated by the spirit that flows through the hands, hearts and souls of musicians of this caliber. God bless the Grateful Dead forever."

--7 Walkers Facebook page

Archived