Albany Setlist Anyone?

70s Hound

01-30-78 Uptown Theatre, Chicago, Il. (Mon) 1: Promised, Dire Wolf, Mexicali> Big River, B. E. Women, L. L. Rain, Peggy-O, All Over Now, Deal, Lazy Lightning> Supplication 2: Bertha> Good Lovin, Ship Of Fools, Estimated> Eyes> Space> Stella Blue> Franklin's> Around E: Johnny B. Goode

• Forum MVP

easy wind filler ,I hav i would think seen about 200 shows of this band and i got to say it was so freakin intense ,they are at the top of their game right now ,I don t see how they can get any better and I m sure they will ,Lisa s vocals were weak last night and she had a sore throat ,didn t come out during around and around but played harp on easy wind ,good time to end the tour ,I m sure alot of the crew went through some sickly times being the time of the year and all ,was able to video tape this show from 7th row center ,should come out good ,can t wait ,and by the way ,I lost big time on a wager last night ,stout and tucket doing a 40 yd dash down the street after the show ,had my money on the newly improved nantucket but old man stout had it right from the get go ,funny shit !! running down a side street to see who was faster ,

Yes, That was such an unbelievably intense show!!! Every song gave my husband and me the WOW factor! Great sound and light show... thanks to all. We were at a sweet spot on the balcony in an isolated spot near the fire exit with nothing but music and room to dance our hearts out. Thank you DSO for such a great show last night and east coast tour!! And I have to say the Palace staff were extremely nice and accommodating last night, better than other years and with others bands as well. Hope everyone has a happy holiday and psyched for New Year's in NJ. Maybe someday DSO will do NYE tour at the Palace?!? :dsorocks:

Peace,

Kris

• Forum MVP

It was simply AMAZING!!! It's unbelievable how after a grueling tour with only 5 days off, and with a few of the band members battling illness, and fatigue, they just blew the roof off of that place last night. That Palace Theatre is one of the most beautiful venues that DSO plays, not to mention the staff was extremely hospitable. I will never miss another show there. The whole show was incredible, as was the Fly Through The Night tour !! I know that I said the tour opener at Boston was one of the best DSO shows I've ever seen, but by golly this one topped it. Unbelievable.

So anyway in reference to Steve's comment about the race betweeh Tucket and I, we get out of the show and he's feeling his oats, and all jazzed up because he's down to 213 (we had to hear it all night) he starts talking a bunch of smack about what great shape he's in, and how I'm not. So I say" Ok big shot I'll tell you what I'll race you down the street right now" So he whips off his jacket and says lets go, now I'm pretty high still, and I'm not exactly a picture of health, but one thing I could always do was run. So Steve and him are having a barrel of laughs thinking I would punk out, saying I had no chance against him. So I say "Let's go fucker" So we go down the street to start, our friends are waiting where we would finish. Two 50 year old deadheads racing in the streets, with all the late night club kids milling about, it was funny trust me. It was about a 40 yard dead sprint. So we line up and Ernst says ready set go and I get a bad start but 20 yards in I hit the secong gear that I didn't think I had anymore, and blow by him. The next thing I hear is Tucket saying "OH SHIT" then I proceeded to piss on him by at least 5 yards at the finish. Now I feel bad for my buddy, I deflated his ego. Maybe next time pal. And Ernst, don't you ever fucking bet against me again.

Have a blessed holiday season everyone.

Guest crazy digits

It was simply AMAZING!!! It's unbelievable how after a grueling tour with only 5 days off, and with a few of the band members battling illness, and fatigue, they just blew the roof off of that place last night. That Palace Theatre is one of the most beautiful venues that DSO plays, not to mention the staff was extremely hospitable. I will never miss another show there. The whole show was incredible!! I know that I said the tour opener at Boston was one of the best DSO shows I've ever seen, but by golly this one topped it. Unbelievable.

So anyway in reference to Steve's comment about the race betweeh Tucket and I, we get out of the show and he's feeling his oats, and all jazzed up because he's down to 213 (we had to hear it all night) he starts talking a bunch of smack about what great shape he's in, and how I'm not. So I say" Ok big shot I'll tell you what I'll race you down the street right now" So he whips off his jacket and says lets go, now I'm pretty high still, and I'm not exactly a picture of health, but one thing I could always do was run. So Steve and him are having a barrel of laughs thinking I would punk out, saying I had no chance against him. So I say "Let's go fucker" So we go down the street to start, our friends are waiting where we would finish. Two 50 year old deadheads racing in the streets, with all the late night club kids milling about, it was funny trust me. It was about a 40 yard dead sprint. So we line up and Ernst says ready set go and I get a bad start but 20 yards in I hit the secong gear that I didn't think I had anymore, and blow by him. The next thing I hear is Tucket saying "OH SHIT" then I proceeded to piss on him by at least 5 yards at the finish. Now I feel bad for my buddy, I deflated his ego. Maybe next time pal. And Ernst, don't you ever fucking bet against me again.

Have a blessed holiday season everyone.

I will smoke you both with a bad back, knees and all of it.

Wow! I danced like no one was watching and I FINALLY turned hubby into a deadhead! Believe it or not, this was his first show at age 55! AND HE'S HOOKED. Says it was the best show he's ever seen.

One little problem, probably my fault, but on the site I could have sworn it said doors at 8. We missed a bit of the first set which was a huge bummer.

The usher who showed us to where our seats were (third row) said "I have to warn you, they're all dancin down there!" LMAO--hell yeah baby, we joined right in. Can't wait for Montclair on New years eve! gonna be EPIC!

The first Dead show I ever attended. It had a huge influence of my life and appreciation for music in general...

I was 15 years old. For anyone who experienced The Uptown Theater in Chicago from about 78 to 80 was about as good as it ever gets in terms of the synergy between venue, crowd and music. The crowd after the winter 79 shows became a little more agressive so the vibe at the Dead shows at the Uptown after 79 was not as good in my opinion as it had been previously. I mean these were shows where people actually sat down in unison during portions of ballads (unreal). Also saw Zappa, The Kinks, Elvis Costello, Allman Brothers and others there. I will never stop kicking myself for not going to see Bob Marley at Uptown Theater in November of 1979. Rookie Mistake and a big one at that.

• Forum MVP

bring your money young buck...better bring your running shoes too...50 shit...i'll smoke your ass too

I'm not going to claim myself a fast runner, but I'll take you on. You better nail a retread to your feet and pray for better weather. Command.

Archived