A place for thanks and show comments

jljbirdq

I loved the location of the jubilee. Legend valley is a special place..some minor adjustments and better weather would have made this the festival of all festivals.....crowd size was perfect although maybe another thousand would have been ideal ( for money reasons) but vibe was great, music was top notch, and cant wait for the 2nd annual jubilee... keep it in the valley!! ....but not opposed to a different weekend ( though labor day weekend will keep it more intimate) . Thanks DSO see you on the road..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

I tell ya, I love hearing all the stories about how everyone got along, and had a FUCKING BLAST, like Toast said, we were given lemons, and we made lemonade out of it...

To everyone that was there.... GREAT JOB!!!!

Now, someone had said something about why the stones were there instead of sand... The stones really saved the whole festy... if it was sand down there, and those "gully-washers" that came, I know for a fact that NOTHING would of been left of either stage... Yeah, the stones SUCKED, my back is a testiment to that, but for all the hard rain that came down, it really did save the land as nothing could erode away...

Again.. GREAT JOB FOLKS!!! Soooo proud of everyone that had a blast,.... I tell ya, us Deadheads can get by and we RAGED that festy!!

I've never liked that gravel there. When I saw the Dead there in 88, and 91, it was all grass. Then when I went there in 94? The Dead/Traffic show it was gravel.

I don't know the reason but I'm guessing that the semis delivering the stage at one time got stuck up?

I like to stand for most of the show and having gravel really hurts my back, it's like standing on pavement. However it made up for it that they let you have lawn chairs. That way you could set down.

Hey now ~ I just wanna take a couple of minutes before heading out the door to Terrapin Hill Harvest Festival to say thank you, all, for such a good time at the Jubilee ~ the vibe was soooo good it reminded me of the vibe you used to experience when seeing the good ol' grateful dead ~ everyone was so nice and fun ~ smiles all around

oh what I want to know... where does the time go? seems I'd hoped to hang out with some of you a bit more than we did and the time just flew by

Thank you to those of you that stopped by the pizza booth to say hello and/or introduce yourselves. It was a great pleasure to connect with you. Thank you for stopping by. I can't wait to see your smiling face and tell you how good it is to see you once again :)

Thank you Rumpke Mountain Boys and all of you that stood in the rain all night long Saturday at the booth... keeping that wonderfully good vibe going throughout torrential rains.... seems the booth had rivers running through it for a while ... and the boys just stood there picking for us all ... I think I walked 'em back to camp around 7am ... let's do that again next year, please ~

Thank you to The Folkadelics for rocking it out early Sunday ~ can't wait to hear that new cd

Thank you to DSO and all the crew for everything ~ thanks for the good vibes, thanks for the kindness, thanks for the good music, thank you for rolling with the punches... not getting bent outta shape but easily adapting when things got haywire ~ thanks for gambling on your own festival... pretty good for the first year... now it's only gonna get sweeter with age ~

much love to you all ~

:dsorocks:

Muchas Gracias to band and crew and Walther productions and the potato people (they got really good taters) and everybody else!!! Everything rocked so good, especially with all the challenges. Enjoyed every band on the bill. My friends and I had such a good good time! REALLY hope it happens again next year!!!

Teacher Matt is sooooo right! Please Mr. festival guru.....give us the formula. Can you also talk to mother nature for us? The daylight issue was on everyone's mind all weekend!! Buckeyes suck anyway. can you say bowl game? NOT!

Thought this was a place for thanks and show comments not a wannabe promoter who thinks he knows everything. There's a reason your a teacher. Thank god we had experienced people to keep the festival going!

On to the truth......It was an amazing weekend for all! DSO played their faces off all weekend. The shows were outstanding! Thanks to all the other bands that had to adapt to changing conditions and time slots. Special thanks to Tim's crew and the DSO crew!!! Wow, what an effort to keep the festival going!

Thanks again to DSO, DSO crew, Tim and crew for their efforts so we could all enjoy stellar music over this past weekend!!!!

Too bad those 200,000 dead heads were watching football just up the road. Next year we should invite them......

• Forum MVP

I loved it on Labor Day. Lets me take only 2 days off instead of 3. I liked it getting dark early. Id much rather see DSO in the dark vs light! I didnt see 1 problem besides better supports under the stage. I still have a perma grin on my face several days after. I just dowloaded the 12-8-11 show to give me that 70s feel again after the last 2 shows gave me the fever! Can't wait til the winter tour schedule comes out as I can see more midwest and south shows!!!!

• Forum MVP

If I ever even had an ounce of respect for you as person I may consider your comments...

but I never have ....

can Mother Nature and the weather be controlled ... no ... and sadly it hurt the walk up crowd who were on the fence of attending...

my support for DSO has been strong since I first saw them in 1999 ..and that has never changed .... what they have done is simply amazing ...

If I ever even had an ounce of respect for you as person I may consider your comments...

but I never have ....

can Mother Nature and the weather be controlled ... no ... and sadly it hurt the walk up crowd who were on the fence of attending...

my support for DSO has been strong since I first saw them in 1999 ..and that has never changed .... what they have done is simply amazing ...

now now be nice

I had a freaking awesome time.

that's about all I can say. words can't really describe it.. id try to explain how great of I time I had, but id probably end up in the loony bin..

right herdy? ;)

I for one don't really give a shit about where jubilee is next year or what the portapoties are like or how much rain there was or if everyone went to a buckeyes game instead. all I know is that ill be there again next year. no questions asked.

• Advisory Board

that's about all I can say. words can't really describe it.. id try to explain how great of I time I had, but id probably end up in the loony bin..

right herdy? ;)

UUUUGGGGGGGG!!!! PUKE OUT MY DICK!!!! UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

er..... What Jenna said :)

but I never have ....

Thanks matteeee!

your support is noted by the 3 points you made discouraging a labor day festival. Very well thought out.....

• Forum MVP

I had a freaking awesome time.

right herdy? ;)

I for one don't really give a shit about where jubilee is next year or what the portapoties are like or how much rain there was or if everyone went to a buckeyes game instead. all I know is that ill be there again next year. no questions asked.

Here! Here!!

I had a great time. Big thanks to all the crews and bands for pulling this all together.It truly was a fantastic effort by all. What I liked most about the Jubilee is it doesnt feel like a festival but instead like your friends said " hey man we are throwing a big party this weekend why dont you bring your tent and come hang out with us" Pretty freakin cool if you ask me. I will be back next year and every year as long as they do this!!! :dsorocks:

P.S. Cant wait for those back to back shows in Buffalo in November!!!

SO.......Was the Jubilee all the flowers and butterflies you imagined?

BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

You know what's funny? I know precisely which drunk idiot was sleeping under the Main Stage and accidentally blocked the drain with his air mattress, resulting in the flooding underneath the stage and ruined the rest of the festival. I know that it was not intentional on his part, but when I heard what happened, I laughed so hard.

KARMA KARMA KARMA

Fall Hookahville at Frontier Ranch, on the other hand, (the festival that Mr. Walters tried to bully out of existence in less-than-professional ways) was one of the most beautiful weekends all month! Surely not the same turnout as the Jubilee; certainly the promoters didnt make a FRACTION of peoples' hard-earned money as DSO and Tim Walthers did---- but it was beautiful and flawless, and there are reasons for that.

KINDNESS > MONEY

The Light will Prevail.

• Forum MVP
I know precisely which drunk idiot was sleeping under the Main Stage and accidentally blocked the drain with his air mattress, resulting in the flooding underneath the stage and ruined the rest of the festival.

I beleive your post before editing stated the person sleeping under the stage was a musician ... if you joined this forum just to stir up some shit , you should have stuck to your original story , it had GRATE potential.

Haha.. yeah.. well, I didn't "change" my story so I don't have to "stick to" it--- he is all three (a drunk, clearly an idiot, and a musician); I just thought the last part of the description was unnecessary. Obviousy if he was under the stage he was either band or stage crew. Not sure what you mean by "potential"; the story has nowhere else to go, that's all there is to it. It made me laugh!

• Forum MVP

Haha.. yeah.. well, I didn't "change" my story so I don't have to "stick to" it--- he is all three (a drunk, clearly an idiot, and a musician); I just thought the last part of the description was unnecessary. Obviousy if he was under the stage he was either band or stage crew. Not sure what you mean by "potential"; the story has nowhere else to go, that's all there is to it. It made me laugh!

no work today , I went to the gym early in the am and my house is in order ... unfortunately , this is what I have time for , reading all the stuff on this forum , but I'll probably get behind my drum kit for a bit , so the day will improve ... anyway , your story is wishy washy and a load of bull... :)

Archived