Penn's Peak 5-17-13

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

What I've been told, courtesy of Brentfan:

Jack Straw, Duprees, Mama Tried, Easy to Love You, Til the Morning Comes, Masterpiece, Let's Spend the Night Together, From the Heart of Me, Bucket, Bird Song

I like where this is going...

• Forum MVP

Easy to love you, till the morning comes, let's spend the night together, and from the heart of me all in the same set....now THAT is a DSO elective. Second set results??

I'm thinking a Dark Star and World to Give...

• Forum MVP

Hey Jude made me fucking cry:}!!!!!!      Shakedown------melted and twisted the evening to a fucking fab end-------

Does it get any better!!! 

Thank you DSO------Penn's is the way its suppose to be.  Shakedown still grooving.  Cats out there going to party all night--I guess.  I fucking love this place.

OMG......Plenty of spin room... wait....run room......back side upstairs keven side---------

Thank you DSO----thank you thank you thank you.

I can not walk right now, becuase my calves ache so much------that is the glorious pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Oh yea------The whole Country Inn suite  at Penn's smells like a medical cannabis factory.  I walked in after show, and it was like they were taking hits in the back.   I laughed so hard when I came in, I asked the guy if they were smoking pot in the back. He got all serious, and said --in such a nice Quaker voice, "no, it is not me, it is the rest of the guest who make this place smell this way".    Oh my...what a chuckle......

• Forum MVP

Second set...   might be off song or so:}

Do it in the road

lost----

terp--d star-----

Hey Jude----my god   still crying over that------

throwing----

shakedown---fucking shakedown was so long and funky----you hear throwing, and your thinking towards the end---around around-----fucking shakedown---and it was so funky----so funky--so funky!!!      I can not get it out of my bones.  i am still dancing in my seat right now.  

Black Muddy River

thank you again DSO----Jubilee---three days.    my poor legs:}

• Forum MVP

Second set as the crow told me:

Why Don't We Do It, Sailor>Saint, Terrapin, Dark Star (as was foretold), drums>space, Hey Jude in its entirety, Throwing Stones, Shakedown, Black Muddy River

• Advisory Board

God damnit... I haven't missed a Penn's Peak show ever, and this is the first one I missed due me having to pack for my move to Colorado... What a show too!!! No wait.. I did miss a Peak show, when my car broke down half way to the venue... fuck..

Duprees,  Easy to Love You, Til the Morning Comes, Masterpiece, Bucket, Bird Song, Why Don't We Do It, Sailor>Saint, Terrapin, Hey Jude in its entirety, Throwing Stones, Shakedown, Black Muddy River

uuuugggghhhhh!! Those would of been the highlights of the show for me... and even the rest looks soooo damned tasty!

Well my mission is acomplished... it's 5am and my woodshop studio is all packed up and moved to the garage, 70% of the bedroom is packed, and most of all my other shit around the house is packed.... Come Wednesday, I will no longer call Maryland my home.. thank god..

Top to bottom an extraordinary day. Parking lot was a blast. Lots of good vendors and a pretty kick ass band set up and played live. Not sure the band's name but they are playing at some local festie. 

They ought to put this one on CD and call it Peakin' at the Peak.

The whole show was a highlight. As soon as it finished I just wanted to rewind and start it all over again.

The vibe at a Penn's Peak DSO show is always stellar. The entire show was incredible.

The evening filled me with the joy this band is so adept at conjuring.  The love was palpable.  Some of the finest musical moments I've ever witnessed.  In some moments the talent and showmanship was blatant, in other moments, sublime. 

Thank you DSO, you bring much joy to many.  And Rob B remarked that Kevin was playing his 2200th show that evening.

This is one for Nugs (Please, Rob E.?)

• Forum MVP

Thank you so much Steve for posting Penn's this morning.    Got baby sitting duty today, and just started up Jack Straw to appease the twins:}!!!!  

Very nice meeting you, and as I said then.....thank you so much for your work!!!   It really is a treat to get to watch these videos:}

I forgot my manners Friday night, and should of got you a beer/drink---whatever you wanted-------I was so tired/ and excited, that I was just happy to get some clear sentences out.   Next time----hopefull at Jubilee:}!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!  and please keep up the good work:}!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived