Boston - HOB - 5/30

found

• Forum MVP

No way I would want to reveal the era ahead of time...half my satisfaction is the element of surprise when I get into the venue and head to see the stage setup...beginning my game of guess the show or era....just saying

Wouldn't want to spoil your fun -- Reveal The Era would be on a webpage you don't have to look at.

that's bs and you know it....come on....revealing the era beforehand is a ridiculous idea just suck it up; :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Well, we all know what era it will be from - between 1965 and 1995. If that doesn't cover it, you always console yourself with the fact that it will be an original, primarily featuring songs in the style of various rock bands that were most popular with the masses in the '60s through the '90s.

• Forum MVP

I think the mystery works better for the band overall.  If they reveal the year or show beforehand, they very well may get a few extra fans, but I doubt that many extra.  I think for the most part your either in for the DSO experience or your out.  However, I do think you would lose some fans.  I know that I, personally, might not travel 8 hrs to see a 92 show and therefore, the mystery will get me in the door not the show.  Thus, I think overall its either a loss or draw for the band and its management to release the year of the show beforehand.  It may not work best for you, but they need to do whats best for them.  I also feel, as attendance dropped for 80s gig and the 90s gigs, the band would be forced to play more 69 thru 78 shows to fill the seats; thus, less musical freedom and variation.  The shows would become redundant and repetitive for those playing the shows and the diehards doing 10 nights in a row.  All of this is speculation on the effects by my part, but I assure you someone considering the business side of things would not recommend a major change of the sort you desire.  

Business is business.  No profit, no band.

• Forum MVP

No way I would want to reveal the era ahead of time...half my satisfaction is the element of surprise when I get into the venue and head to see the stage setup...beginning my game of guess the show or era....just saying

Wouldn't want to spoil your fun -- Reveal The Era would be on a webpage you don't have to look at.
Reveal via the Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring. 80's? 70's? No.....drink more Ovaltine. Bet on it.

If your under 35 this may not make any sense. If you are 35+, it makes sense but I'm still an idiot.

Archived