Miracle

Bertha

Good Lovin

From May 11th, 1979

Filler

Brokedown

Springfield lived up to the hype. 

• Forum MVP

Hot and sticky outdoor show with a little rain to cool things down. Great atmosphere as always. Love a Half Step opener. Really enjoyed the Eyes, Black Peter, Miracle sequence in the 2nd set.

It really is a treat to see all of the young kids enjoying themselves with their glow sticks and hula hoops. The next generation was out in force last night. 

• Forum MVP

Beautiful place for a show. Had no problem getting to or leaving. Arrived during half step due to my dumb ass locking keys in car. My 10 yr old called BP encore like 3 songs in. He was going nuts. Was hoping for a passenger and got it but I needed lisa. Good show good crowd. Rain wasnt miserable and the park was nice.

• Forum MVP

Leave to Eaton to throw in Brokedown for a Spring '79 show that was without an encore.  Seems so fitting, and a relatively standard selection, except that the Dead didn't play it from '77 until Dec '79.  Prankster!

• Forum MVP

once again the Springfield show goes above and beyond ....

big big crowd..... weather was fine ..... a 30 minute rain that was more like a drizzle during the 2nd set .. ....with the humidity it made for a cool looking scene as body heat rose from all the dancers making a natural smoke machine ... put that with the amazing lights bouncing off the trees behind the stage and you got yourself "a long strange trip" if you will ....

Archived