drumming

"fire tease island style" 

wharf rat

dancin

wheel

around squared

e: NFA

f: help>slip>frank

lotsa people saying this was a top 5 at least.  def one of the best I've seen! 

GREAT crowd and the venue had no alcohol sales so HECK YEAH it was so gooood, everyone was in high form from band to fans and it was magical!!! promised land got us off to a predestined start that never ends and the place was rockin from the first notes.  gabe wasn't feeling too well (late night driving was killer), but by TLEO he was awake and smiling as usual.  music is so healing.  cassidy was drippy and beautiful and made me start thinking I knew this show, though unlike Mason's I couldn't place it.  

another TN Jed but it was soooo diff than last night that it just made me enjoy it more! super fun! whole place was soooo into it and rocking out.  Looks like rain started with a sprinkle and became a majestic monsoon with all of us swooning across the west. 

we like montana.  people are nice here.  they like all the things we like in colorado.  super great rainbow family round as well which made the vibes extra kind.  we are saying this amongst ourselves as I type so figured I'd throw it in.

scarlet was absolutely AMAZING and sexy and then YES! LAZY LIGHTNING FUCKING SUPPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoa now, have I been blessed by the supreme beings to get a lazy lightning every run I do or is it just the random action of the blessed universe we spin in? either way, THANK YOU DSO, that's MY JAM!!! superb job getting us through the storm and we all worked together to supplicate the lightning and MAKE IT OURS TOOOOOOO!!!!! oh yeah! all is one all is one all is one.

THAT high time was a heart stealer.  really got me in the soul center.  super duper slow and sparkling, gabe even commented on their ability to hold the slow space and SHOW US a high time! so amazing!  and the music never stopped so we didn't either!!!

chill set break, as the first set wound down my friend that I first connected with the night before my first DSO show back in 2009 found me in the front with my unicorn hat and he said he hadn't seen DSO since the last time we connected at DSO blk mtn last summer.  so cool i am his usual suspect at DSO now.  got his number so we can remain friends this time now that we are all out west.

HOLY WAKEFUL EYES BATMAN that EYES was absolutely one of THOSE eyes that just steals your face from the moment it begins.  hella long intro before verses that got us all spun out on the rainbow music in our eyes.  seriously one of the best I have seen, and I've seen a couple dso eyes.  THEN they melted into this flood jam that sounded like water over a babbling brook and sounded like water melting across the land.  it was sooo cool, you guys! whoa!!!! THEN the drums pounded us out and the fire tease that sounded like an island volcano party started and we were all sure it was a delayed fire but alas, it was not yet time ;) such a great musical segment of jamming.  they really went places that I've never seen any of us before, but they brought us back with 

wharf rat which I am not in love with, but THAT WHARF RAT was soooo good and groovy and sad and joyful and we ALL flew away!!! one of the highlights of my night, which I am surprised at myself to say, but truth is truth! I think I got it on a deeper level than I ever have before, something about the mother her children and the love we share with each other cause we are all we have.

oh yeah and SKIP'S eyes solo was freakin COOOOOL!

ok, what a great Dancin'.  this is the song that made me a star head, and a dead head for that matter, so I just lost it in joy and the way they started it and went into it was soo cooooool!!! really freakin groovy.  but the WHEEL was soooooo amazing and we really fell off the planet, off the wheel, into a land where no suffering can enter.  magical.  jerry was there, my friend is saying in this moment, really smiled through, she says Jeff was an alchemist tonight and that we all got realigned with his magic potions!!! soooo good! and then it was around n around and we all never stopped rocking cause that moon ain't coming down. 

the NFA was intensely great for the other repeat from last night (and it's NFA which doesn't always do it for me) but whoa it was just so super great and delicious!!!!  fun times.

filler help slip frank was stellar. gabe was saying he wasn't happy bout the choice cause of personal reasons but by the franklins he was super grateful and couldn't have imagined anything more appropriate.  I was really tired at that point but didn't care and the slipknot really tied me up into magic and it was soooo great! oh samsara, you grab us into your maddening wheel, but then you always ROLL AWAY THE DEW and enlightenment is emanated to the whole world from that mystic bell.

thanks, DSO, another great night, (one of THOSE nights even!) and we will be just sailing into missoula on good vibes.

everyone says that missoula is the place to be, so we are stoked to go and be with the mountain family we've been connecting with the last few nights.  such a great weekend.  this is THE BAND.  this is THE SOUND.

and that's how you play eyes, for real.  THAT'S how.  

thank you, wish we were going to the coast but the wheel is turning...........

Archived