Christmas guitar

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

Funny, I don't think les Paul's are twangy at all. Could be the strings, the amp, the pick ups, etc. I'd start there rather than a new guitar. There's so many different ways to change the sound. I think strats and teles, and fenders in general, are more twangy. Strats I guess have a little more bluesy sound. I play a strat body with an ibanez neck ad custom pick ups. My back up is an SG. For what it's worth, Jerry played an SG early on in his career. Good luck though, you're gonna need it.

• Forum MVP

Funny, I don't think les Paul's are twangy at all.

Good luck though, you're gonna need it.

His Les Paul he uses for jazz band and loves to play Green Day. It is NOT twangy so he wants a strat. He likes Red hot chili peppers, Pink Floyd etc and wants that sound too.

I guess there could be worse hobbies. I gladly feed his Lego love as it limits xBox. Anything but video games....

• Forum MVP

Bobby usually plays ibanez I believe. At least that's who makes his custom guitar. He also played some strats I believe, as did Jerry.

I've only seen the sound check from the night before at the Orpheum theatre in 76. He is not playing an SG. He was using an SG around 69 I think. I believe on Live Dead, he's playing the SG. Same guitar angus young uses.

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the help. He prioritized for some Ibanez pedals instead and a Martin travel guitar. I see what you mean with the good luck. Lol

Sorry for my redundant tendencies of late. My place currently has some patchy reception.

We definitely have a tasty carrot to dangle as a result of this thread!

Archived