anyone ever have this happen to you?

ripplinrain

First of all I haven't posted in a long time mostly due to site not recognizing my password and honestly very disappointed when no birthday greetings received.Stupid I know but really I have no friends and looked forward to the greetings even though computer generated at least it would have been something.                          Anyway I have been taking care of my elderly uncle for many many years and he just passed away nov 13th.While at the hospital as administering morphine for his final ride before upping dosage to 10 ml hour a strange thing happened.While looking at him in one eye was what I can only try to describe as a very strong yet small ball of yellow energy.It was NOT completely round as if from glow when taking pictures of dogs and their eyes shine.It was very centered,bright yellow literally like the sun,with rays splintering off.Only way to think of it is the DARK STAR logo,as if looking at a star through a telescope.This lasted for several minutes and then he slipped into his final ride not being able to communicate verbally or physically.While at this point he would raise his eyebrows as if either seeing past memories or family members from the other side.This happened many times.the whole final ride on morphine took about seven hours.I tried to explain as best as I could without being there. While I have missed many shows to take care of him hopefully next northeast tour I will get out some.I truly love my uncle he saved my life several times over and can never repay the debt.Sometime in the future I will be less depressed and have to hold onto these memories.Sorry about the digressions but has anyone ever experienced this.I would love to hear about it or thoughts about what I saw.His soul or flickering electrical impulses of a dying person.I asked my doctor who deals with death and he has never heard others experiencing this. peace bob

• Forum MVP

That's a powerful experience and amazing you were able to be there for those precious moments. Blessings to your uncle on his passage. Along with the grief of letting go, I know there is sometimes a sense of peace and relief when an elderly person reaches their time to go...

Peace and healing to you

• Forum MVP

Just shed a tear for your uncle brother!!!   Its always sad to loose a person so close, and so meaningful.  This I have experienced, and the sadness and sorrow that follows.  Personal Vacuums are hard to fill, especially when you are caring for someone that is dependent on you!!!  Expect the depression to get a bit worse if you don't start filling that void with positive energy!!!!   Even than, grieving takes time, as its part of the human condition.   Use this experience as a time reflect on your own mortality, the wonderful memories you have had with your uncle, and be thankful you had him there for you as you were for him!!!   Death don't have no mercy, not only on those who die, but to those left behind.

You will rebound stronger, I promise!!!  Happy Birthday to you brother!!  It is a late bday greeting, but better than none at all.  If it makes you feel better, my wife has forgot my b-day for past three years, and each year hurt worse than one before.  I don't even post my bday, the only person I want to remember it refuses, so no need to advertise a day of sorrow for others to wish me a nice day of happiness!!!  If anything, be happy you recognize your own existence.  I think therefore I am is the greatest gift you have been giving!!!  Its for you to own, so don't be sad if others here don't recognize it!!  Its not of malice, I promise that as well!!!  

My heart goes out to you this holiday season, and I really hope you find some solace in the experiences and times you have spent with your unlce and not the sadness of losing him.   We all lose in the end, but his life will be more celebrated if you are happy and see his life as very impactful on your own.  I will measure my success in life, on my death bed by the number of people I have influenced and affected in a positive way!!! 

Not sure if my words help, but I do care, and don't even know you, but please come out to some shows, and lets dance the blues away!!!!

Warm Regards, and my sincerest thoughts for you and your family!!!

Thanks for letting us in on a very special experience Ripplin.

On 12/10/85 after a 3 day nonstop, no sleep assortment of mind benders, consciousness expanding, body shaking, soul crushing additives reminiscent of fear and loathing, the woman I was dating was following me to my place. She started flashing high beams so we pulled into a parking lot. We got out of cars and I asked why. She didn't know, said "she was pulled here". just then the streetlight above us went out. We got into cars, back at my place I told her she needed to stop one additive because I was falling in love and it would kill me. She told me she didn't want to cause me or her family any pain and since she was convinced her soul would go to another plane of existence she thought it best to kill herself. I didn't want to believe her, thought she didn't have same feelings, additive induced psychosis, told me story to back me away... I don't know. 12/13/85 she took her life with that additive. Crushed, zombie like I started noticing streetlights above me going out way too often for the next year. Sitting in parking lot at 3am of the court tavern I tell our friend Joe about this and just when I said I think it may be Mary's energy causing this, the streetlight above us went out. Another year goes by and at 3am, sitting in parking lot of another club, as I am telling our friend Sean about the experience with Mary then what happened when I told Joe, the streetlight above us goes out.....I notice more than usual streetlights going out as I drive under them for many years. 2010 telling another friend about this and just as I get to the part of telling about what happened at second club, Yes the streetlight above us went out. 

I don't try to explain any of this and I smile and say to myself "thank you mary" when the lights go out....

Yes Ripplin I believe there is an electric pulse carried in us and afterwards.....

A friend of mine once described what happened to him when he was in a car accident.  You've heard the expression of your life flashing before your eyes? He said it's no bullshit. 

In a split second, every synapsis, of every memory ever made by him, fired at the same time.  He described it basically as watching a movie in his head of his complete life from beginning to end. He wasn't injured, but the experience was the freakiest thing he ever went through. 

Archived