For all Ohio Star Heads

Stagger Paulson

I know how lucky we are to have the Jubilee right here in the center of our state, and I have been to all 3 and will be at the next. That being said, I really hope they bring back the free Springfield, Dayton show at Veterans Park Amphitheater. This was always a summer priority for myself and my friends to attend, and I've introduced so many people to DSO through this, many of which are now huge fans. Not griping, just miss it! Hope to see a lot of you all at the upcoming Covington, KY show 02/14! 

• Forum MVP

First off the venue and overall scene at the outdoor free byob show in Springfield OH goes unmatched ...

DSO has gotten so big that personally seeing them outdoors is really the only way I get full enjoyment in shows (just look at the reviews of the last two shiws in Richmond and Electric Factory - to crowed and to much chatter .. anywho)

I have talked to the fine people at the Springfield Arts Council and they have fingers crossed DSO returns this summer after a one year hiatus ... but it is and I quote "not there call" ...

Thanks teacher Matt, yes this is a must see for all DSO fans, always such a special show. I would imagine it may interfere with Jubilee sales being so close and being free which I understand. The Jubilee trumps all. But this show is definitely a much needed mini Jubilee in June/July! All of my group of regulars were so upset last year, on top of our covington show in feb getting called for cold rain and snow! Fingers crossed for good weather come feb 14!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived