Legalize Recreational Marijuana in NY!

PennsylvaniaT-roll

Everyone please do me a huge favor, if you should be so kind, and sign this shiz to get recreational marijuana legalized in New York. It literally takes a second to do and you'd really be helping out us NY heads! Especially you New York peeps...get on the ball and sign this! And even if your not from NY...sign it please!

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51046/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=15486

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it.

Dark Star rules!

I'd sign it but feel like only NY residents should.

Sadly it will probably take WI many years to go legal although Dane county and Madison do allow a small amount on one's own property. Wish I could legally buy it at a store, I like the mellow stuff that most stoners dislike.

Marijuana still being illegal in 2015 is completely nuts

• Forum MVP

Sadly it will probably take WI many years to go legal although Dane county and Madison do allow a small amount on one's own property. Wish I could legally buy it at a store, I like the mellow stuff that most stoners dislike.

It's not nuts at all. There's no money in the pro-marijuana lobby but tons in the anti-marijuana(alcohol companies and drug manufacturers which make up partnership for drug free America). The legislators rarely if ever go against who gives them the money. It's the re-election game. The NRA plays it the best. But drug companies are pretty good themselves. If phizer thought they could make 20bil off pot, it's a completely different debate. Then the heritage foundation and Limbaugh would have their conservative bases talking about compassionate care and how we can reduce drunk driving which kills children and good church going types.

It's not nuts at all. There's no money in the pro-marijuana lobby but tons in the anti-marijuana(alcohol companies and drug manufacturers which make up partnership for drug free America). The legislators rarely if ever go against who gives them the money. It's the re-election game. The NRA plays it the best. But drug companies are pretty good themselves. If phizer thought they could make 20bil off pot, it's a completely different debate. Then the heritage foundation and Limbaugh would have their conservative bases talking about compassionate care and how we can reduce drunk driving which kills children and good church going types.

You are absolutely correct.

Something else that is nuts, I feel like my 7/3 GA ticket is going to come through.  :rofl:

• Forum MVP

The basis for laws may be more sinister than that. Drug laws allow the ruling minority to subjugate the lower mostly "minority" class. It allows the powers to be to insitutionalize and marginalize those who don't conform. Of course money comes back in now. For profit prison is big business.

• Forum MVP

Yes there is the inevitable money side of it (a huge emerging industry), and the imperfections in the new laws,,,but the more fascinating part to me, is the rather dramatic cultural shift that our country/populace is making in its approach to cannabis. The last few years have been amazing to witness as values have rapidly changed--with much more to come as the domino effect is now unstoppable as more states move toward legalization. Along with attitudes and laws towards gay marriage,,I am really enjoying seeing this opening up on such a large scale. Should have happened many years ago, yet I never thought I would get to see this shift in the U.S.

• Forum MVP

Ky has been trying to legalize hemp but sheriffs say how can we tell hemp growers from pot growers. I loved the argument what if hemp farners plant pot in the middle of the hemp. Ummmm. The hemp would completely ruin the pot lol.

• Forum MVP

When we were in college in the mid-70s there was a brief flowering of a decrim movement. It seemed at the time that legalization was possible by the 90s. NORML was booming and articles about it in High Times and Relix were all the craze. Have to give grudging credit to John Mitchell, Ed Meese, and William Bennett for the skill with which they nipped that in the bud. So to speak.

• Forum MVP

People looking for handouts

Corporations that don't want to pay their taxes

Lack of freedom increase in security

The failing American public education system.  Talking K-12.

The American dream has many challenges to name a few.

Archived