College Hoops

bs69

• Forum MVP

Kentucky must not have that rigorous of academic demands. I know that georgetown allowed it's basketball players to receive impermissible benefits. I went there and I saw the effort they put forth in a classroom compared to others. Benefits can be small and they don't need to be money. Getting the kid a hookers on visiting day would suffice. Maybe Spike Lee and Jesus Shuttleworth have soured me on the recruiting process.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Poythress will be in grad school next year. Yes he is the exception to the rule in college athletics. He graduates in may after only 3 years. UK basketvall had a 3.1 GPA in tbe fall. I know that guys like Poythreas and the walk ons likely skewed it high. I mean honestly if I'm going to be a top 5 pick I don't go to class. Hell I was in real collehe and never went to class. I was likely the worst student in history but I got that piece of paper after 160 hours and 7 years. I enjoyed my college years to the fullest. I know that's surprising to people who know me. I'm such a super serious guy :)

• Forum MVP

Kentucky must not have that rigorous of academic demands. I know that georgetown allowed it's basketball players to receive impermissible benefits. I went there and I saw the effort they put forth in a classroom compared to others. Benefits can be small and they don't need to be money. Getting the kid a hookers on visiting day would suffice. Maybe Spike Lee and Jesus Shuttleworth have soured me on the recruiting process.

UK IS a cakewalk. That doesn't hurt lol. I never went to this Econ 291 stats course and got an A and my professor asked if I was some genius. Compared to the retards from east ky, I was. Note that UK was not my 1st school. Private school was freshman year. Fraternity killed that year and off to UK I went.

• Forum MVP

I was likely the worst student in history but I got that piece of paper after 160 hours and 7 years. I enjoyed my college years to the fullest

You know Bluto, eh?

animal-house-chug-o.gif

• Forum MVP

I was more of a vacuum in college.

You made me do it.

giphy.gif

Disclaimer:  This is a family-oriented community that does not condone the use of and/or depiction of banned substances.  References made hereto are made merely for a reasonable facsimile for the word 'vaccum' and do not constitute endorsement of any actions portrayed in this graphic example.

Thank You.   

• Forum MVP

So MC u got me researching the cheating going on at umass and Memphis stats.

1. Umass had it's victories vacated after it was learned that Marcus camby secretly took money from an agent. Calipari was left blameless by ncaa. No way a coach tries to steer a kid towards an agent while playing. Calipari was exonerated by the ncaa.

2. At Memphis, Derrick rose had another student take his sat test in high school. He was ruled in eligible after the fact and Memphis had their wins vacated. Again Calipari was ruled blameless. This was done while Rose was in high school and Calipari had no control over that. Again Calipari exonerated of any wrongdoing.

Calipari never paid kids or got them paid. He was never accused or charged with that by the ncaa.

The NCAA is a dirty entity. Their policy of vacating wins hurts all the innocents. Just recently they overturned their own vacating of like 12 years of penn state football. 112 wins taken away were reinstated. They were taken away b/c a pedophile assistant coach was just that. But that had nothing to do with the hundreds of kids who had their wins stripped. Derrick rose cheated in high school. B/c of that all of Memphis' wins were vacated and all the other players hurt b/c they knew nothing about it. Is that a proper punishment? A kid cheats to get in and you punish the collehe who doesn't know?

• Forum MVP

So MC u got me researching the cheating going on at umass and Memphis stats.

1. Umass had it's victories vacated after it was learned that Marcus camby secretly took money from an agent. Calipari was left blameless by ncaa. No way a coach tries to steer a kid towards an agent while playing. Calipari was exonerated by the ncaa.

2. At Memphis, Derrick rose had another student take his sat test in high school. He was ruled in eligible after the fact and Memphis had their wins vacated. Again Calipari was ruled blameless. This was done while Rose was in high school and Calipari had no control over that. Again Calipari exonerated of any wrongdoing.

Calipari never paid kids or got them paid. He was never accused or charged with that by the ncaa.

The NCAA is a dirty entity. Their policy of vacating wins hurts all the innocents. Just recently they overturned their own vacating of like 12 years of penn state football. 112 wins taken away were reinstated. They were taken away b/c a pedophile assistant coach was just that. But that had nothing to do with the hundreds of kids who had their wins stripped. Derrick rose cheated in high school. B/c of that all of Memphis' wins were vacated and all the other players hurt b/c they knew nothing about it. Is that a proper punishment? A kid cheats to get in and you punish the collehe who doesn't know?

I can think of only 3 college hoops programs that have had blocks of wins vacated....UMASS, Memphis and Syracuse.

Are there others? Just curious.........

Archived