Wellmont

sudds94

• Forum MVP

Rude and Rob,

I don't think anyone here is implying that the stated reason for the bottle cap is money.  Clearly, the stated reason is safety.  I guess we were suggesting that the those that employ this our pleased by the unattended consequence of selling more water.  

Does anyone truly believe that the DUI checkpoint set up this Wednesday before Penn's Peak is about the safety of the local community?  Ask the police chief what the reason is? I guarantee you safety and keeping those that would cause harm off the road is the answer.  

Rude and Rob,

I don't think anyone here is implying that the stated reason for the bottle cap is money. Clearly, the stated reason is safety. I guess we were suggesting that the those that employ this our pleased by the unattended consequence of selling more water.

Does anyone truly believe that the DUI checkpoint set up this Wednesday before Penn's Peak is about the safety of the local community? Ask the police chief what the reason is? I guarantee you safety and keeping those that would cause harm off the road is the answer.

I still think it's about the money. i've been to venues that charge $4 for tap soda and heard of $9 generic domestic beer. About 300 dso shows I've never heard of a bottle thrown at stage or anyone else, I'm sure it may have happened, stranger things have... Fall years ago dc!

• Forum MVP

I've been told it's about safety and insurance. Some bands fans are nuts hence the requirement but the insurance policy requires It for all bands. We got smart and bring caps with us. I need my hands free but a bottle in my pocket is no biggie.

• Forum MVP

And MC the police are no longer protect and serve. They look for ways to get people in trouble. The fascists will tolerate anything the police do now. Don't run if you don't want to get shot. Sorry but running from a cop shouldn't be a death sentence. Just go to church and go to bed by 9 and you don't need to worry. Right wing radio is now demonizing anyone who protests. People are commenting that police should shoot 1st regarding black people. If you protest police killings you are the same as ISIS. We are moving towards more and more of a police state. 2 mil minors are arrested each year. Judges are throwing kids in juvie for 90 days for talking back to teachers. Instead of suspension you get arrested. Sorry for the rant. Just watched Cash for Kids last night about the judge in Penn who was paid $2mil by a private juvenile facility and he threw every kid in jail. 54% didn't have lawyers as the cops and judge told them they weren't needed. People are wanting to tear down mosques. Screw the constitution except when it comes to guns. Right wing groups are prepping for racial wars. The GOP debates and right wing ratio remind me of V for Vendetta. I never thought I'd hear that kind of talk so mainstream.

Guessing I went way off topic.

• Forum MVP

Your willing to rant against the police but seem to give the insurance company a pass. Insurance companies work for money. They are for profit business. They do not care about the safety of those that attend concerts or the safety of anyone else.

• Forum MVP

It's not the insurance. It's the venue. They don't have to do no bottle caps. They want to maximize their profits and choose the cheapest possible options whick includes patdowns. The pageant in St. Louis is one of the fascist venues. You can't take a drink to the pit as it is all ages. You can't even take a water b/c you could pour a shot of vodka in it and give to a minor. They also have at least 13 security regarding how many tickets sell. They jump over rails to stop smokers etc. Then you have other venues where I didn't see 1 security at all with no patdowns. But...the pageant has rappers and metal and shows with fights so they assume all bands are equal which is stupid. Having 4 security in front of the stage for dso is just silly.

Archived