Atlanta, Sweetwater420

Michael Doc Watson

• Forum MVP

We missed it cause couldn't hitch there in time and now is raining....... waiting for a miracle so we can get to our ride to NoLa in Atlanta ;). But we been making ppl smile all over the south playin music and being fucking adorable. Good times on the open road!!! Hour outta Atlanta but I heard the show was great despite the raining cats n dogs hehe

• Forum MVP

Another wonderful show....elective

started with a smooth jam into "Not Fad Away"

scarlet

moscouties on the river

shankdown street

rest of set list ??

we got a China Doll  !!

Play n in the band

Other songs will come back to head latter

smoth transisitiin back into Not Fade Away to finish the set.

Show was tight on the festival schedule...only and hour and forty five minutrs.  I think every song transistioned right into the next.  

I was front center on the rail ...well actually there was a short lady in front of me.  Saw a few faces i ve met before but not our usual DSO friends.  It was the largest attendance of a DSO show Ive ever been to.  Looking back from the front  , there were people packed as far as I could see....But since I m not familar with that venue/park  its hard to make an accurate guess but maybe five thiusand.

All day before the show there was occasionsl light sprinkles.  As soon as DSO started playing it started really raining...not any light rain, it was coming down as a full out rain. At one point it got supper heavy and the crowd cheered for the rain.  No one seemed to mind the rain at all....we we just dancing and enjoying the music    Just some extra Sweetwater falling on us.

Peace and Love

doc

• Forum MVP
On 4/22/2017 at 6:25 PM, rudedogggg said:

If close u gotta do it...., 

Rude, thanks for the encouragement to go.   The venue, Centeninal Park, was significantly better than I anticipated.   Even with the inch or two of rain, the grounds were not muddy. Lots of grassy space as well as walkways paved with names on the bricks.  Parking was free at the Marta station near where i used to live. Festival was expensive for one day but it was well worth it

Archived