Sign in to follow this  
DesertDead

Preseason CFB Playoff picks

Auburn to make a playoff has to play clemson, lsu, miss state, Georgiax2 and Alabama. Wisconsin plays BYU, Iowa, Michigan, northwestern and prob Ohio state. This is why they may not make a playoff even if undefeated. Well with Georgia losing they may make it in.  if you don't schedule a real non conference team you don't deserve a playoff. Ohio state scheduled a real team and lost and they are penalized but penn state played a dog and they were rewarded. This needs to be fixed. If u want to contend you have to play a contender non conference. Auburn lost to clemson another playoff team 14-6 early in the year and they were penalized. 

On 11/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, Rude said:

Auburn was the best team I've seen all year on Saturday. Their defense was as good as Bamas before bama lost 2 more NFL linebackers 10 days ago and their offense was far superior. If auburn plays to their potential they rout bama. I took auburn llus the 2.5 points for an easy win. Home field underdogs performed well on Saturday. Bama has to switch QBs or they will lose it again. Vs good defenses jalen hurts is horrible. He got sacked 9 times in 2 games with an NFL offensive line. His stat line is misleading. Short passes to NFL 1st rounder Calvin Ridley turned into to 2-60 yd completions. In between those 2 passes and the drive that won the game he had 50 yards passing. Any pressure and he gives up passing and starts to scramble. If you look at these 1 yard runs like incomplete passes he completes around 40% of his passes. Every other QB throws the ball away. He takes off running and gets sacked or gains a yard or 2. He had 19 rushes for 40 yards again. Those are missed passing opportunities and he's a heisman finalist. What a joke. Bamas defense is in trouble losing linebackers who are all NFL draft picks including 1-2 1st rounders. Auburn will beat bama and win the west. 

Don't take too much from one week. If there is anything that this year has taught us, is that teams are totally different from week to week. I watched a lot of the Bama v MSU game (ended up being the best game), am I crazy or was the first long pass to Ridley on the roll out to the right illegal touching? Looked to me that he ran an out route, went out of bounds on his own and then went up field to catch the long pass? The ref even threw his hat off, but nothing was called? Anyway, that game was there for the taking and Mississippi state blew it, I suspect Alabama will now come back and beat auburn.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, Rude said:

Auburn to make a playoff has to play clemson, lsu, miss state, Georgiax2 and Alabama. Wisconsin plays BYU, Iowa, Michigan, northwestern and prob Ohio state. This is why they may not make a playoff even if undefeated. Well with Georgia losing they may make it in.  if you don't schedule a real non conference team you don't deserve a playoff. Ohio state scheduled a real team and lost and they are penalized but penn state played a dog and they were rewarded. This needs to be fixed. If u want to contend you have to play a contender non conference. Auburn lost to clemson another playoff team 14-6 early in the year and they were penalized. 

Both Auburn and Wisconsin are in if they win out, lose and they are out. The only chance for Ohio state is to win out in impressive fashion, have Alabama run the table and have Oklahoma run the table. Not as far fetched as it seemed a week ago.